The Kansas City Chiefs hit rock bottom in 2012. They finished up the regular season tied with the Jacksonville Jaguars for the worst record in the NFL at 2-14. It was a surprising finish for a team that some thought could contend with Denver for the top spot in the AFC West. The Chiefs like many of the other teams who struggled got horrible play from the quarterback position. When you look at the number of players this team sent to the Pro Bowl, you wonder how this team managed to only win two games.
Looking ahead to the 2013 campaign, Kansas City has the fifth easiest strength of schedule. When you factor that in with the promising moves this team has made in the offseason, there’s plenty of reason to think the Chiefs could bounce back in a big way. On top of the Chiefs six division games, they will take on the NFC East, AFC South, Cleveland Browns and Buffalo Bills.
We are going to find out a lot about this team early in the season. Kansas City has a very favorable schedule to start the year. Leading up to their Week 10 bye week, the Chiefs have five home games and four winnable road games against the Jaguars, Eagles, Titans and Bills. When this team is right they are extremely tough to beat at home. It’s not out of the question that they could be sitting at 6-3 when they come back from their bye.
Personally I’m expecting big improvements out of the Chiefs this year. I think they have a very realistic chance of going 8-8 with the potential of reaching the 10-win mark and contending for Wild Card spot in the AFC. Here’s a complete look at their schedule with the projected odds on each game.
Update – Cantor Gaming has released their odds for every game of the regular season. We’ve included that line, as well as the line we projected a few weeks before these were released. We’ve also added a column to show the likelihood that the team will win the game based on the odds given from Cantor. For some reason Cantor did not offer lines for any team for Week 17 of the season, so we used our line for the Week 17 calculations.
At the very bottom of the schedule you’ll see the expected win totals posted by both Cantor Gaming and Atlantis Casino, how many wins the odds project, and a recommendation based on those expected wins.
|WEEK||OPPONENT||BOYD’S SPREAD||CANTOR SPREAD||WIN CHANCE|
|CANTOR WIN TOTAL: 6.5||EXPECTED WINS:||7.28|
|ATLANTIS WIN TOTAL: 6.5||RECOMMENDATION:||OVER|
Other Chiefs Articles on Our Site
- MLB Home Field Advantage
- Baseball Parlay Strategies
- Houston Rockets at Dallas Mavericks NBA Picks & Predictions 4/2/15
- Miami Heat at Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Picks & Predictions 4/2/15
- Phoenix Suns at Golden State Warriors NBA Picks & Predictions 4/2/15
- Daily Free Pick
- Guide to Betting on Sports
- New Orleans Pelicans at Los Angeles Lakers NBA Picks & Predictions 4/1/15
- Los Angeles Clippers at Portland Trailblazers NBA Picks & Predictions 4/1/15
- Denver Nuggets at Utah Jazz NBA Picks & Predictions 4/1/15
- Dallas Mavericks at Oklahoma City Thunder NBA Picks & Predictions 4/1/15
- Toronto Raptors at Minnesota Timberwolves NBA Picks & Predictions 4/1/15
- Chicago Bulls at Milwaukee Bucks NBA Picks & Predictions 4/1/15
- Sacramento Kings at Houston Rockets NBA Picks & Predictions 4/1/15