Miami Dolphins Schedule
Posted by Jimmy Boyd on
The Miami Dolphins surprised a lot of people last year when they finished second in the AFC East with a 7-9 record. Miami wasn’t that far from being a playoff contender. Five of their nine losses came by a touchdown or less, including two overtime losses.
The Dolphins were just 2-4 inside the division, a mark they must improve in 2013 if they want to take that next step. It might be even more important to take care of business against the Jets and Bills, considering they have to play both the AFC North and NFC South this year, along with the Chargers and Colts. Overall Miami has the 8th hardest strength of schedule in terms of how teams finished a season ago.
It’s not going to be easy for the Dolphins to top last year’s 7 wins. It’s not out of the question that Miami could go into their bye week 0-5, especially if they fail to take care of business at Cleveland in Week 1. In order for Miami to finish 8-8 or potentially 9-7, they will likely have to win each of their home games against the Bills, Bengals, Chargers, Panthers and Jets. I think this team is one the rise, so I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt and predict them to finish 8-8.
Update: Cantor Gaming has released their odds for every game of the regular season. We’ve included that line, as well as the line we projected a few weeks before these were released. We’ve also added a column to show the likelihood that the team will win the game based on the odds given from Cantor. For some reason Cantor did not offer lines for any team for Week 17 of the season, so we used our line for the Week 17 calculations.
At the very bottom of the schedule you’ll see the expected win totals posted by both Cantor Gaming and Atlantis Casino, how many wins the odds project, and a recommendation based on those expected wins.
|WEEK||OPPONENT||BOYD’S SPREAD||CANTOR SPREAD||WIN CHANCE|
|CANTOR WIN TOTAL: 7.5||EXPECTED WINS:||7.84|
|ATLANTIS WIN TOTAL: 6.5||RECOMMENDATION:||No Play|
More Dolphins Articles on Our Site
- Los Angeles Lakers at New York Knicks NBA Picks & Predictions 2/1/15
- Miami Heat at Boston Celtics NBA Picks & Predictions 2/1/15
- Daily Free Pick
- Charlotte Hornets at Denver Nuggets NBA Picks & Predictions 1/31/15
- Houston Rockets at Boston Celtics NBA Picks & Predictions 1/30/15
- Portland Trailblazers at Atlanta Hawks NBA Picks & Predictions 1/30/15
- Golden State Warriors at Utah Jazz NBA Picks & Predictions 1/30/15
- Milwaukee Bucks at Orlando Magic NBA Picks & Predictions 1/29/15
- Brooklyn Nets at Atlanta Hawks NBA Picks & Predictions 1/28/15
- Cleveland Cavaliers at Detroit Pistons NBA Picks & Predictions 1/27/15