The New York Jets are coming off their worst season yet under head coach Rex Ryan. New York finished tied for last in the AFC East with a record of 6-10. While the Jets were hit hard with injuries, you can’t ignore the fact five of their six losses came against teams who finished the year with a losing record.
There’s some reason to be optimistic that the Jets can at least get back to playing winning football. New York has the 14th easiest schedule in 2013. On top of their six division games against the Patriots, Bills and Dolphins, New York will play the NFC South AFC North along with the Tennessee Titans and Oakland Raiders.
I think we will find out a lot about this team in the first four weeks. You can pretty much chalk up a loss at New England in Week 2, but a couple of home games against Tampa Bay and Buffalo and a road game at Tennessee are all winnable. If they don’t come out of that at 3-1, they will be in some serious trouble. Their next five games are against Atlanta (A), Pittsburgh (H), New England (H), Cincinnati (A) and New Orleans (H). If they can stay in contention during the first nine games, they will have a chance to make a push at the end of the season.
While I think the Jets will be better than last season, I think their ceiling is about 9 wins. Personally I have the Jets finishing at 8-8 and out of the playoffs. Here’s a look at their complete schedule along with the projected odds for each game.
Update – Cantor Gaming has released their odds for every game of the regular season. We’ve included that line, as well as the line we projected a few weeks before these were released. We’ve also added a column to show the likelihood that the team will win the game based on the odds given from Cantor. For some reason Cantor did not offer lines for any team for Week 17 of the season, so we used our line for the Week 17 calculations.
At the very bottom of the schedule you’ll see the expected win totals posted by both Cantor Gaming and Atlantis Casino, how many wins the odds project, and a recommendation based on those expected wins.
|WEEK||OPPONENT||BOYD’S SPREAD||CANTOR SPREAD||WIN CHANCE|
|CANTOR WIN TOTAL: 6.5||EXPECTED WINS:||7.00|
|ATLANTIS WIN TOTAL: 6.5||RECOMMENDATION:||OVER|
More Jets Articles on Our Site
- MLB Home Field Advantage
- Baseball Parlay Strategies
- Houston Rockets at Dallas Mavericks NBA Picks & Predictions 4/2/15
- Miami Heat at Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Picks & Predictions 4/2/15
- Phoenix Suns at Golden State Warriors NBA Picks & Predictions 4/2/15
- Daily Free Pick
- New Orleans Pelicans at Los Angeles Lakers NBA Picks & Predictions 4/1/15
- Los Angeles Clippers at Portland Trailblazers NBA Picks & Predictions 4/1/15
- Denver Nuggets at Utah Jazz NBA Picks & Predictions 4/1/15
- Dallas Mavericks at Oklahoma City Thunder NBA Picks & Predictions 4/1/15
- Toronto Raptors at Minnesota Timberwolves NBA Picks & Predictions 4/1/15
- Chicago Bulls at Milwaukee Bucks NBA Picks & Predictions 4/1/15
- Sacramento Kings at Houston Rockets NBA Picks & Predictions 4/1/15
- Brooklyn Nets at New York Knicks NBA Picks & Predictions 4/1/15