This Sunday the Los Angeles Rams (11-4) will host the San Francisco 49ers (5-10). Kickoff is set for 4:25 EST at LA Memorial Coliseum and will be televised locally on FOX.
Oddsmakers currently have the Rams listed as a 4-point home favorite with the total set at 45.5 points. Click here for a full Week 17 betting schedule and for more links to our individual game previews.
49ers vs Rams Vegas Betting Odds & Game Preview
San Francisco enters off an impressive 44-33 win at home over the Jaguars as a 4.5-point underdog. It continued an impressive run by the 49ers, who have now won 4 straight and 5 of 6 after starting out the season 0-9.
Los Angeles comes in off a 27-23 road win over the Titans, but did fail to cover as a 6-point favorite. The win for the Rams was a big one, as they clinched the NFC West title, a pretty remarkable feat given this team won just 4-games all of last season.
You might remember the first meeting between these two division rivals. It was a Week 3 prime time showdown in San Francisco on Thursday Night Football. The Rams prevailed 41-39 with the 49ers nearly pulling off a remarkable comeback. San Francisco trailed 26-41 with less than 7 minutes to play. After failing on a 2-point conversion that would have tied the game, they recovered an onside kick, but couldn’t do anything with it.
Free NFL Betting Pick & Predictions: 49ers +4
I would have to take the points with San Francisco in this one. The 49ers might be out of the playoff picture, but they certainly aren’t playing like it. This team has come alive since they inserted Jimmy Garoppolo into the starting lineup. Not only are they a perfect 4-0 in his first 4 starts with the team, but he’s looked every bit the part of a franchise quarterback.
Click on the link for more free NFL picks from our experts on staff.
The thing that really stands out to me is how the insertion of Garoppolo has impacted the play of the entire team. Not only is the offense playing their best football, but the 49ers defense is playing like a completely different unit.
I expect another big time effort here from San Francisco, as they get a chance to measure their success against the team that figures to be the favorites in the NFC West for the foreseeable future.
The other big key here for me is I question how motivated the Rams are going to be for this game. While Los Angeles is just 1-game back of the Vikings for the 2nd best record in the NFC, based on tie-breakers they have zero shot of getting that No. 2 seed and a first round bye. No matter what this team is playing on Wild Card weekend. It’s just a matter of whether they are the No. 3 or the No. 4 seed.
I would argue that it would actually be better for the Rams to get the No. 4 seed, as that would give them a better shot of playing the Eagles on the road instead of the Vikings. Either way, there’s just not a lot at stake here for LA and I wouldn’t be shocked if they decided to rest some of their key players here.
- Expert Betting Tips: How to Handicap AFC & NFC Championship Games
- Super Bowl 52 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- NFL Game Preview & Free Pick Against the Spread: Jags vs Pats
- Vegas Game Preview & Betting Pick: Vikings vs Eagles
- Vegas Game Preview & Free Betting Pick: Saints vs Vikings
- Vegas Betting Preview: Jaguars vs Steelers Game Odds & Free Pick
- Vegas Game Preview: Titans vs Patriots Preview & Pick
- Vegas Spread Preview: Falcons vs Eagles Game Line & Free Betting Pick
- Free Wild Card NFL Teaser Pick – Best Available Odds & Predictions
- Saints vs Panthers
- Vegas NFL Betting Preview & Free ATS Pick: Bills vs Jags
- Vegas Betting Preview: Falcons vs Rams Game Line & Free Pick
- Vegas Spread Predictions: Titans vs Chiefs Betting Odds & Game Pick
- Handicapping Repeat Divisional Matchups in the NFL Playoffs
- Cardinals vs Seahawks
- Vegas Betting Preview: Chargers vs Raiders Game Odds & Free Pick
- Giants vs Redskins
- Texans vs Colts
- NFL Game Preview & Betting Pick: Lions vs Packers
- Vegas NFL Game Preview: Eagles vs Cowboys