This Sunday the San Francisco 49ers will host the Seattle Seahawks in Week 17 action. Kickoff is set for 4:25 EST at Levi’s Stadium and will be televised locally on FOX. Oddsmakers have Seattle listed as a 9.5-point favorite with the total at 43.5 points.
Seahawks vs 49ers Vegas Odds Preview
Seattle (9-5-1) comes in off a surprising 31-34 loss at home to the Cardinals. The Seahawks were a 9-point favorite. They had a chance to win out an earn the No. 2 seed. That’s no longer the case. They need a win over SF and the Falcons to lose at home to the Saints for the 1st round bye.
San Francisco (2-13) showed a lot of pride in last week’s 22-21 win at Los Angeles. The 49ers erased a 14-point 4th quarter deficit in a meaningless game. They also snapped a 13-game losing streak. They hadn’t won since beating the Rams 28-0 at home in Week 1.
These two teams faced off back in Week 3 in Seattle. The Seahawks won convincingly 37-18 as a 10.5-point favorite. It was even more lopsided than the final score, as Seattle led 37-3 with less than 8 minutes to play.
Free Pick & Betting Predictions: Seahawks -9.5
If I’m playing this game, I would have to lean towards the Seattle as the big road favorite. I know it’s a big number for a division road game, I just don’t trust this 49ers team. Keep in mind were talking about a team that just lost the previous week 13-41 at Atlanta.
Click here for more free NFL betting advice from our experts on staff.
I’m not saying San Francisco is going to just lay down for Seattle. I just don’t think they can do anything about it. Clearly the Rams are a great matchup for the 49ers, as it’s the only team they have beat in their 15 games. This is still a team that ranks 29th in total offense and 32nd in total defense.
Seattle losing at home to Arizona certainly wasn’t expected. However, that’s a team that has given the Seahawks fits the last few years. I know the Cardinals were out of the playoff picture going into that game. The thing is, it just made that game that much more important to them. They wanted to play spoiler against a division rival. The big difference between Arizona and SF is the Cardinals actually have the talent to work with.
It’s also not the first time the Seahawks have played poorly in the 2nd half. The big key here is they have responded well in this spot. After an ugly 5-14 loss at Tampa Bay, they crushed the Panthers 40-7 at home. They then followed up a 10-38 loss at Green Bay with a 24-3 win against Los Angeles. I expect another big bounce back performance here. Regardless if they get the No. 2 seed or not, they need something positive to build on going into the playoffs.
You also have to look at the recent history in this series. Seattle’s 19-point home win over the 49ers in Week 3 was their 5th straight win in the series by 10 or more points. Last year they won 20-3 at San Francisco as a 6.5-point favorite.
It’s also worth noting the Seahawks are 14-4 ATS under Pete Carroll off an upset loss as a favorite. Seattle is also 9-0 ATS in the 2nd half of the season under Carroll against bad teams who are getting outscored by 6+ ppg.
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Updated Odds to Win Super Bowl 52
- A Look at How Much Money is Bet on the Super Bowl Each Year
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- Super Bowl Winning & Losing Head Coaches
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 51
- Super Bowl Betting Pool Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Patriots vs Falcons
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Fun Facts
- Betting Super Bowl LI: Odds to Win the MVP Award
- Super Bowl Sunday Party Ideas & Tips For Hosting the Big Game
- Super Bowl Betting Tips & Handicapping Guideline
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History
- Super Bowl History – Look at the Worst Chokes of All-Time
- History of the NFL Super Bowl Championship Rings
- Complete History of the Super Bowl Curse & Host City