The San Francisco 49ers hope to build off of their first win of the season when they host the Seattle Seahawks in Week 12. Game time is 4:05 EST on Sunday, November 26 at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, California. Fans in local markets can watch the game on Fox.
The Seahawks are viewed as 7-point road favorites. The game has an over/under of 42.5 points. Click here for a full list of the Week 12 betting odds and links to more game previews.
Seahawks vs 49ers Vegas Odds Preview
Seattle is currently going through a rough patch. The Seahawks have lost two of their last three games, dropping them to 6-4 on the season. Both losses have only come by a field goal, but both came at home where the Seahawks are usually close to unbeatable. Those losses have Seattle a game behind the Rams atop the NFC West, putting them in the middle of a crowded NFC wild-card race.
The 49ers, meanwhile, were finally victorious in their last time out, beating the Giants 31-21. The win won’t have a huge impact on their final place in the standings, but it does take the burden off first-year head coach Mike Shanahan.
San Francisco can now set their sights on beating a quality team like the Seahawks. Seattle has won eight games in a row against the 49ers, with San Francisco’s last win in this series coming in 2013. However, the Seahawks had to squeak out a 12-9 win over San Francisco back in Week 2, so the 49ers will feel confident that they can stay competitive with Seattle this time around as well.
Free Pick & Betting Predictions: Seahawks -7
Seattle’s inability to pull away from teams has been hard to understand. But after their close call with the 49ers earlier this year, they won’t be looking past this game and they’ll know they have to be at their best. I’m also not going to look at San Francisco any differently just because they have won a game. Seattle’s talent should eventually overwhelm the 49ers, so I’ll lean toward the Seahawks to cover.
Seattle’s defense hasn’t been quite as dominant as we’ve seen in past years. I’m not sure that’s going to change with the injuries the Seahawks are dealing with this year, including the loss of Richard Sherman. But the Seattle defense has played well against the weaker offensive teams they’ve played this year, and the 49ers still fit into that category.
Click on the link for more free NFL betting predictions from our experts on staff.
Even after exploding for 31 points against the Giants in their last game, San Francisco is still averaging just 17 points per game. Prior to their win against the Giants, the 49ers scored just 10 points in each of their three previous games. I’d be surprised if they managed much more than that against the Seahawks.
Even though Jimmy Garoppolo has been in San Francisco for a few weeks, the 49ers are still starting C.J. Beathard at quarterback. Beathard performed well against an underachieving Giants defense. But he didn’t do much damage outside of garbage time in any of his previous starts. Also, the 49ers don’t have the caliber of playmakers I’d expect to perform well against Seattle’s defense.
Of course, to ensure they cover the spread, the Seahawks need their offense to play at a high level. Seattle’s rushing game has been inconsistent at best this year, and I’m not sure that will change against San Francisco’s defense. But Russell Wilson has managed to carry the Seattle offense for large stretches, and he should be able to do that if he has to against one of the worst defenses in the NFL.
Despite a close game between these two teams earlier this year, I see the Seahawks imposing their will on the 49ers this time around. Seattle can’t afford to take any opponent lightly, and so talent should win out in the end, leading the Seahawks to cover a 7-point spread.
- Amount Bet on the Super Bowl & How Much Vegas Won
- Super Bowl 53 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Super Bowl Prop Bet Results
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Pool Gambling Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 52
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Best Las Vegas Casinos/Sportsbooks to Bet & Watch the Super Bowl
- Super Bowl Sunday Party Ideas & Tips For Hosting the Big Game
- Complete History of the Super Bowl Curse & Host City
- Betting Super Bowl 52: Odds to Win the MVP Award
- History of the NFL Super Bowl Championship Rings
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History
- Super Bowl History – Look at the Worst Chokes of All-Time
- Super Bowl Betting Tips & Handicapping Guideline
- Super Bowl Winning & Losing NFL Head Coaches with Most Appearances