The Cincinnati Bengals hope to bounce back from a disappointing Monday night loss when they host the Chicago Bears in Week 14. Game time is 1:00 EST on Sunday, December 10 at Paul Brown Stadium in Cincinnati. Fans in local markets can watch the game on Fox.
Oddsmakers list the Bengals as 5.5-point favorites at home with an over/under of 37.5 points. Click here for a full list of the Week 14 betting odds and links to more game previews.
Bears vs Bengals Vegas Odds & Game Preview
At 5-7, the Bengals are holding onto slim playoff hopes. Cincinnati appeared to be moving in the right direction after back-to-back wins, but they failed to hold a 17-0 lead against the Steelers Monday night. Winning four in a row to end the season is the only way the Bengals can make the playoffs and keep Marvin Lewis employed, and even that may not be enough.
Things are even worse for the Bears, who have lost their last five games. Chicago couldn’t even win a home game last week against the lowly 49ers, who beat the Bears without even scoring a touchdown. John Fox will almost certainly be fired after the season, as the 3-9 Bears are going nowhere and showing little reason for optimism heading into next season.
Free Pro Football Pick Against the Spread: Bengals -5.5
How the Bears have actually managed to win three games this season is anybody’s guess. They were epically bad last week at home against a 49ers team that still has just two wins on the season. To be fair, the Bengals aren’t that impressive either. But playing at home, I don’t think Cincinnati will have any trouble taking care of the Bears and winning by at least a touchdown.
Last week against San Francisco, the Bears had just 147 total yards and eight first downs. Chicago scored one of their two touchdowns on a punt return, as their offense only managed to put together one decent drive. It’s difficult to find adjectives that can describe just how pitiful of a performance it was.
Click on the link for more free NFL betting predictions from our experts on staff.
To be fair, the Bears have hung in there defensively this year. Chicago’s defense is middle of the pack in points allowed. They also have a good enough pass to cause problems for a Cincinnati offensive line that has struggled all season.
But that may be Chicago’s only edge in this game. Also, it may not be enough to help them stop A.J. Green, just as it didn’t help them stop Jimmy Garoppolo from passing for nearly 300 yards despite not having any elite receivers at his disposal.
Playing solid defense also won’t help the Bears move the ball offensively. Mitchell Trubisky has struggled to find any consistency this season, nor has he proven that he can be a threat throwing the ball downfield. In his defense, he doesn’t have a great collection of wide receivers. But that excuse isn’t going to do him any good against a Cincinnati defense that’s allowing less than 20 points per game this year. The Bengals also have a powerful pass rush that has a chance to make things difficult for Trubisky.
If the Bears can play good defense in this game, they’ll have a chance to keep it close. But barring another special teams touchdown, I don’t see how Chicago can score enough points to beat the spread or win the game against a solid Cincinnati defense. Eventually, the Bengals will find a way to overcome their poor offensive line and put points on the board. Most of Chicago’s losses this season have come by at least a touchdown, and I’m willing to bet this one is too.
- Updated 2018 NFL Win Total Numbers, Projections & Past Results
- Super Bowl 53 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Week 1 NFL Betting Lines: Vegas Point Spreads & Game Totals
- Predicting the 2018 NFL Draft: Mock 1st Round Selections
- Amount Bet on the Super Bowl & How Much Vegas Won
- Super Bowl Prop Bet Results
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Pool Gambling Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 52
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Best Las Vegas Casinos/Sportsbooks to Bet & Watch the Super Bowl
- Super Bowl Sunday Party Ideas & Tips For Hosting the Big Game
- Complete History of the Super Bowl Curse & Host City
- Betting Super Bowl 52: Odds to Win the MVP Award
- History of the NFL Super Bowl Championship Rings
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History