This Sunday the Minnesota Vikings will host the Chicago Bears in Week 17. Kickoff is set for 1:00 EST at U.S. Bank Stadium and will be televised locally on FOX. Oddsmakers have Minnesota as a 6.5-point favorite with the total at 42.5 points.
Bears vs Vikings Vegas Spread Preview
Chicago (3-12) enters off a 21-41 blowout loss at home to the Redskins. The Bears beat themselves more than anything. Chicago turned it over 5 times, finishing with a -5 turnover margin. Outside of the mistakes, they moved the ball well. Chicago had 458 yards of offense and 31 first downs.
Minnesota (7-8) comes in off a 25-38 loss at Green Bay and it wasn’t as close as the final score would indicate. The Vikings trailed 13-38 with less than 5 minutes to play. The big bright spot for Minnesota was the offense did put up 446 yards of offense. Led by 382 and 3 TD passes from Sam Bradford.
These two teams played back in Week 8 at Chicago. The Bears won that contest 20-10 on Monday Night Football. The victory snapped a short 3-game winning streak for Minnesota in the series.
Free Betting Pick & Predictions: Bears +6.5
I would have to lean towards Chicago in this one. The line here reflects that Minnesota is the far superior team. I don’t see it that way. In fact, both teams have identical 2-8 records over their last 10 games. That also includes a head-to-head matchup the Bears won by double-digits. Would you really be surprised if Chicago won this game?
Click here for more free NFL betting advice from our expert handicappers.
The thing with Minnesota is it’s hard to finish strong given the circumstances. The Vikings came into this season thinking they were a legit Super Bowl contender. Then they lost starting QB Teddy Bridgewater and RB Adrian Peterson. They managed to start out 5-0, but it’s been all downhill since. The idea of finishing the season strong doesn’t really matter to them. Chicago on the other hand is a team trying to turn the corner, so these late games matter more to them.
Last week’s loss to the Redskins didn’t end up close, but it was a pretty even matchup outside of the turnovers. Washington only outgained the Bears by 20 yards. That 3 straight games they have been within 30-yards of total offense and ended up losing. They were -27 in a 3-point defeat at Detroit and -2 in a 3-point loss to Green Bay. This team is playing better than people think right now.
It’s also worth pointing out Chicago is 2-3 in the division with 2 of those losses by only a field goal. I know the Bears are win less at 0-7 on the road, but you can’t read into those numbers in Week 17. Given what Chicago’s defense was able to against the Vikings in the first meeting. This figures to be a low-scoring game, making the points that much more valuable.
Bears are a perfect 8-0 ATS after 3 or more losses over the last 3 seasons. They are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 off a SU loss by 14 or more points. Vikings are just 5-11-1 ATS in their last 17 games in Week 17 and 0-4 ATS in last 4 vs NFC North.
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Updated Odds to Win Super Bowl 52
- A Look at How Much Money is Bet on the Super Bowl Each Year
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- Super Bowl Winning & Losing Head Coaches
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 51
- Super Bowl Betting Pool Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Patriots vs Falcons
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Fun Facts
- Betting Super Bowl LI: Odds to Win the MVP Award
- Super Bowl Sunday Party Ideas & Tips For Hosting the Big Game
- Super Bowl Betting Tips & Handicapping Guideline
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History
- Super Bowl History – Look at the Worst Chokes of All-Time
- History of the NFL Super Bowl Championship Rings
- Complete History of the Super Bowl Curse & Host City