The Tennessee Titans hope to stay on top in the AFC South when they host the Cincinnati Bengals in Week 10. Kickoff is set for 1:00 EST on Sunday, November 12 at Nissan Stadium in Nashville. The game is available on Fox in local markets.
Oddsmakers view the Titans as 4.5-point favorites. The over/under for the game is set at 40.5 points. Click here for a full list of the Week 10 betting odds and links to more game previews.
Bengals vs Titans Betting Preview & Vegas Game Odds
Tennessee is currently riding high on a three-game winning streak. To be fair, they have wins over the Colts, Browns, and Ravens in that span, with two of those games being decided by a field goal, so it’s not the most impressive winning streak. Nevertheless, Marcus Mariota has played well since missing a game because of injury. The Titans are also undefeated since his return and are now tied with Jacksonville atop the AFC South at 5-3.
The Bengals, on the other hand, are struggling just to get to .500 on the season. Cincy lost their first three games of the season, and it’s been an uphill battle ever since. At the midway point of the season, time is running out for the Bengals to get things turned around. If they don’t, Marvin Lewis could find himself on the hot seat at season’s end.
Free NFL Betting Prediction: Bengals +4.5
I’m not particularly impressed with the Bengals, but I’m also not sold on the Titans. Tennessee has been a little too close for comfort against weak teams the past couple of weeks. I don’t fully trust that they’ll take care of business against another lesser team, so I’ll lean toward the Bengals and the points.
Tennessee’s current three-game winning streak is about as unimpressive as they get. They needed overtime just to beat the Browns and only beat the Ravens last week by three points. Baltimore scored late to make the game seem closer. But the Titans were also out-gained by nearly 100 yards and recorded 10 fewer first downs than the Ravens. Those types of stats concern me.
Click on the link for more free NFL betting predictions from our experts on staff.
Despite Cincinnati’s poor season, the Bengals have at least been solid defensively. They are allowing just under 20 points per game, which makes me think they have a chance to keep the Tennessee offense contained. After all, the Titans only managed four field goals a couple weeks ago against the Browns.
Mariota has been a proficient passer since coming back from injury. But he hasn’t done a lot of running, nor have the Titans gotten much out of DeMarco Murray and Derrick Henry the past couple of weeks. If the Titans can’t show improvement in the running game, the Bengals have enough pass rushers to cause Mariota problems. Even if Mariota can escape pressure with his athleticism, the Titans could struggle to sustain drives without a steady running game.
Of course, how the Bengals intend to score points is another issue, even if the Cincinnati defense plays well. The Bengals have struggled to run the ball all season and Andy Dalton isn’t exactly having a banner year. That being said, the Tennessee defense ranks in the bottom half of the NFL in points allowed, so there may be some hope that the Bengals get something going offensively.
All things considered, I’m not convinced the Titans are that much better than the Bengals. Tennessee has failed to pull away from lesser teams the past couple of weeks, and I envision a similar storyline this week. Even if the Titans win by a field goal, it won’t be enough to cover the spread. I’ll stick with Cincinnati and the points.
- Amount Bet on the Super Bowl & How Much Vegas Won
- Super Bowl 53 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Super Bowl Prop Bet Results
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Pool Gambling Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 52
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Best Las Vegas Casinos/Sportsbooks to Bet & Watch the Super Bowl
- Super Bowl Sunday Party Ideas & Tips For Hosting the Big Game
- Complete History of the Super Bowl Curse & Host City
- Betting Super Bowl 52: Odds to Win the MVP Award
- History of the NFL Super Bowl Championship Rings
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History
- Super Bowl History – Look at the Worst Chokes of All-Time
- Super Bowl Betting Tips & Handicapping Guideline
- Super Bowl Winning & Losing NFL Head Coaches with Most Appearances