The Minnesota Vikings Will look to clinch the NFC North division title in Week 15 when they host the Cincinnati Bengals. Game time is set for 1:00 EST on Sunday, December 17 at U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Fans in local markets can watch the game on CBS.
Oddsmakers list the Vikings as 10.5-point favorites at home with an over/under of 42 points. Click here to check out a full list of the Week 15 betting odds and links to more game previews.
Bengals vs Viking Vegas Betting Line & Game Preview
The Vikings are just one win away from their second division title in the last three years. A loss to the Panthers last week snapped Minnesota’s eight-game winning streak. However, barring an epic collapse, the Vikings appear to be playoff bound.
If Minnesota can get back on track, they also have a chance to overtake the Eagles for the best record in the NFC. Doing so would give them home-field advantage in the playoffs, which could give them a critical edge in such a competitive conference.
Meanwhile, the Bengals are all but out of the playoff picture in the AFC after an embarrassing 33-7 loss to the Bears last week. It would take a near-miracle for Cincinnati to reach the playoffs, especially since they’ve lost five of their last eight games.
Free NFL Betting Prediction: Vikings -10.5
This is an easy lean toward the Vikings, even with more than 10 points to cover. If the Bengals played so poorly at home against a bad team last week, how are they supposed to stay competitive with a good team on the road? With Minnesota eager to get back on track after a tough loss, they won’t take the Bengals lightly, allowing them to take care of business and cover the spread.
Right now, the Bengals are just too big of a mess to stay competitive with a quality NFL team. They are banged up at all three levels of the defense, and so I give them little chance of containing a team that’s as balanced on offense as the Vikings.
Click on the link for more free NFL betting predictions from our experts on staff.
Both Latavius Murray and Jerick McKinnon have proven to be suitable replacements for Dalvin Cook. The odds are good that at least one of them is going to have a productive game, giving the Vikings a functional rushing attack.
That makes things a lot easier for Case Keenum, who continues to impress, leaving no doubt that he’s Minnesota’s best option at quarterback regardless of the health of Sam Bradford and Teddy Bridgewater. In 10 of 12 games this year, Keenum has completed at least 60% of his passes, showing remarkable accuracy and consistency. Against a defense that’s physically hurting right now, Keenum should be able to put together another impressive performance.
Meanwhile, the Bengals continue to sputter offensively. Cincinnati has scored just 10 points in the last six quarters. They’ve struggled to run the ball all season and can only ask A.J. Green to do so much to carry them. Against a Minnesota defense that gives up 18 points per game and will play like they have something to prove after an off day last week, I don’t have high hopes for the Cincinnati offense against the Vikings.
Of course, I’ll admit that a 10.5-point spread is tough to cover in an NFL game. However, half of Minnesota’s 10 wins have come by double digits. That makes me comfortable leaning toward the Vikings winning by two touchdowns against a Bengals team that’s going nowhere.
- Week 1 NFL Betting Lines: Vegas Point Spreads & Game Totals
- Predicting the 2018 NFL Draft: Mock 1st Round Selections
- Super Bowl 53 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Amount Bet on the Super Bowl & How Much Vegas Won
- Super Bowl Prop Bet Results
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Pool Gambling Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 52
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Best Las Vegas Casinos/Sportsbooks to Bet & Watch the Super Bowl
- Super Bowl Sunday Party Ideas & Tips For Hosting the Big Game
- Complete History of the Super Bowl Curse & Host City
- Betting Super Bowl 52: Odds to Win the MVP Award
- History of the NFL Super Bowl Championship Rings
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History
- Super Bowl History – Look at the Worst Chokes of All-Time