Two teams spiraling out of control will look to get back on track in Week 13 when the Denver Broncos visit the Miami Dolphins. Kickoff is scheduled for 1:00 EST on Sunday, December 3 at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami. Fans in local markets can watch the game on Fox.
Miami initially opened as a 1-point favorite at home. However, early betting on the Broncos has turned this game into a PK. The over/under is set at 38.5 points. Click here for a full list of the Week 13 betting odds and links to more game previews.
Broncos vs Dolphins Vegas Preview & Game Predictions
The Broncos enter this game on a seven-game losing streak. Denver has had three different starting quarterbacks during that streak but none of them could lead them to a win. With the injury to Paxton Lynch last week, the Broncos will go back to Trevor Siemian as the starter this week. Of course, at 3-8, even if the Broncos can get things turned around and run the table, it may not be enough to sneak into the playoffs.
Miami’s situation isn’t nearly as bleak, but it’s close. The Dolphins have lost five straight games to drop them to 4-7 on the season. There’s also been some quarterback turnover, as Jay Cutler has missed time due to injury. However, if Cutler clears concussion protocol after missing last week’s game against the Patriots, he’ll get the start over Matt Moore this week.
Free Pro Football Pick Against the Spread: Broncos
Right now, I don’t trust either of these teams any more than I can throw them. But I’ll lean toward Denver in this game. Over the last couple of weeks, the Broncos have been a little closer to actually winning a game. In a game between two dreadful teams, that’s enough to sway me toward Denver.
While the Dolphins have lost their last three games by an average of 17 points, the Broncos have lost the last two weeks by single digits. In a loss to the Bengals a couple weeks ago, Denver actually out-gained Cincinnati by more than 150 yards. Also, Siemian played well and tossed two touchdown passes after replacing Lynch in last week’s game. The Broncos were functional offensively early in the season with Siemian at quarterback, so it’s possible they’ll be able to move the ball against a porous Miami defense.
Click on the link for more free NFL betting predictions from our experts on staff.
The Dolphins have quickly become one of the worst defensive teams in the NFL. In their last six games, Miami has given up no less than 27 points. I’m not convinced the Broncos will be able to score that many points. But if Denver can run the ball the way they did early in the season, the Broncos may have a chance to eclipse 20 points for just the second time since Week 2.
On the other side of the ball, the Dolphins are averaging just 16 points per game, third worst in the NFL. Things don’t figure to get much easier with running back Damien Williams out with an injury and Kenyan Drake completely ineffective the last two weeks.
Even if Cutler is able to return from a concussion, it’s important to remember that he threw three interceptions the last time he started a game. Whether it’s Cutler or Moore who gets the start, I don’t have high hopes for Miami’s offense.
It’s also important to mention that the Broncos still have plenty of talent on defense. They’ve obviously underperformed this season, but Denver’s defense has the personnel to stuff the run and put pressure on the quarterback. Against a Miami offense that’s been inept all season, I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Denver defense play well and perhaps force a couple of turnovers.
Despite their seven-game losing streak, I think the Broncos have a little more upside than the Dolphins. Right now, Denver is a little more capable of putting together a decent performance and beating a bad team. Even on the road, I’ll take my chances with the Broncos.
- Week 1 NFL Betting Lines: Vegas Point Spreads & Game Totals
- Predicting the 2018 NFL Draft: Mock 1st Round Selections
- Super Bowl 53 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Amount Bet on the Super Bowl & How Much Vegas Won
- Super Bowl Prop Bet Results
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Pool Gambling Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 52
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Best Las Vegas Casinos/Sportsbooks to Bet & Watch the Super Bowl
- Super Bowl Sunday Party Ideas & Tips For Hosting the Big Game
- Complete History of the Super Bowl Curse & Host City
- Betting Super Bowl 52: Odds to Win the MVP Award
- History of the NFL Super Bowl Championship Rings
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History
- Super Bowl History – Look at the Worst Chokes of All-Time