The Oakland Raiders host the Denver Broncos this weekend in an AFC West showdown between two struggling teams. Kickoff is at 4:05 PM EST on Sunday, November 26 from Oakland-Alemeda County Coliseum in Oakland, California. Fans can watch the game on CBS.
Oddsmakers list the Raiders as 5-point favorites at home. That line has shifted slightly after early betting, as Oakland originally opened at -4.5. The over/under for the game is set at 43 points. Click here for a full list of the Week 12 betting odds and links to more game previews.
Broncos vs Raiders Game Betting Preview & Vegas Odds
The Broncos lost their sixth straight game last weekend after coming up just short in a tough 20-17 decision against the Cincinnati Bengals. QB Brock Osweiler only managed to pass for 254 yards and one touchdown in his third game since taking over for previous starter Trevor Siemian. Osweiler has thrown more interceptions than touchdowns (3:4) over the past three games and as a result, Denver has decided to turn things over to Paxton Lynch. As a whole, this Broncos offense is only averaging 18.3 points per game on just over 325 total yards. Defensively, the Broncos looked much better last week against the Bengals, limiting them to just 190 total yards. Despite being slightly above average defending against both the pass and the run, Denver still needs to improve their scoring defense – they are currently allowing opponents to score an average of 25.9 points per game.
Oakland was embarrassed 33-8 by the Patriots in Mexico City last weekend to fall to 4-6 on the season. QB Derek Carr continued his mediocre play since returning from an injured back in early October. Carr passed for 237 yards and one touchdown against New England while continuing his recent struggles with interceptions. He will look to improve upon his last performance against Denver where he threw for just 143 yards. On the other side of the ball, the Raiders are giving up an average of 24.7 points per game on 367.1 total yards. Oakland has really struggled to defend against the pass recently, as Brady and Co. torched the Raiders for 331 passing yards.
Free NFL Pick Against the Spread: Raiders -5
This particular spot is pretty tough, as both of these teams have been really struggling lately. Neither have shown any real signs of any consistency, especially at the all-important quarterback position. I think I’m going to lean towards Oakland in this game for a few reasons : first, they have looked fairly decent playing in the Oakland Coliseum so far this year (2-2, including a 1 point loss to the Chargers). More importantly, I don’t like recommending inexperienced starting quarterbacks, especially when playing away from home. I have no idea what to expect from Paxton Lynch, but I certainly plan on taking a “wait and see” approach. I think the Raiders should turn things around in this one, at least for one week.
Click on the link for more free NFL betting predictions from our experts on staff.
Denver is a brutal 0-6 ATS in their past six road games. They are also 0-6 ATS over their past six games overall. However, Oakland hasn’t fared much better recently, going just 1-6-1 ATS in their past eight games. I just have a little more faith in the Raiders to turn things around, especially considering their 2-0 start to the season and all the lofty expectations after such a fantastic 2016-17 season. The Broncos are an absolute mess on offense right now and I’m definitely not expecting Paxton Lynch to come in and make an immediate impact. I’m taking the Raiders to win this one by at least a touchdown to bury the Broncos even deeper into the AFC West basement.
- Amount Bet on the Super Bowl & How Much Vegas Won
- Super Bowl 53 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Super Bowl Prop Bet Results
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Pool Gambling Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 52
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Best Las Vegas Casinos/Sportsbooks to Bet & Watch the Super Bowl
- Super Bowl Sunday Party Ideas & Tips For Hosting the Big Game
- Complete History of the Super Bowl Curse & Host City
- Betting Super Bowl 52: Odds to Win the MVP Award
- History of the NFL Super Bowl Championship Rings
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History
- Super Bowl History – Look at the Worst Chokes of All-Time
- Super Bowl Betting Tips & Handicapping Guideline
- Super Bowl Winning & Losing NFL Head Coaches with Most Appearances