The Denver Broncos look to continue their winning streak as they visit the Washington Redskins in Week 16. Kickoff is scheduled for 1:00 EST on Sunday, December 24 at FedEx Field in Landover, Maryland. The game can be seen on CBS.
Oddsmakers list the Redskins as 3.5-point favorites with an over/under of 41 points. Click here for a full list of the Week 16 betting odds and links to more game previews.
Broncos vs Redskins Vegas Preview & Game Predictions
The Broncos have fallen well short of expectations this season. At 5-9, they are miles from playoff contention. But Denver has won their last two games over the Jets and Colts, giving them some late-season momentum.
Brock Osweiler took over for an injured Trevor Siemian during last week’s win over the Colts and was quite impressive. However, as soon as Paxton Lynch is fully recovered from an ankle injury, he’s likely to start, and that could happen as early as this weekend against the Redskins.
The Redskins have also fallen short of preseason expectations. Washington has lost four of their last six games, dropping them to 6-8 on the season and a distant third place in the NFC East.
Also, much like Denver, the Redskins are facing uncertainty at the quarterback position moving forward. Kirk Cousins is likely to be playing elsewhere next season, so this could be his final game in front of the Washington home fans.
Free NFL Betting Prediction: Broncos +3.5
I’m going to lean toward the Broncos in this game. For whatever reason, they’ve looked like a different team the past couple of weeks. Obviously, they beat a couple subpar teams, but the Redskins would fit into that category as well. I’ll take my chances with Denver at least keeping this game within a field goal.
The Denver defense that we expected to see all season has shown up the past couple weeks. First, they shut out the Jets and then gave up just 13 points against the Colts. I expect them to have similar success this week against the Redskins, especially if the Denver offense can continue to avoid turnovers that put the defense in a bad position.
Click on the link for more free NFL betting predictions from our experts on staff.
At times this season, Cousins and the Washington offense have clicked and put up impressive numbers. But the Redskins have failed to score more than 20 points in their last four games. Washington is also battling injuries along the offensive line, which is problematic considering Denver’s strong contingent of playmakers.
I also think that Denver’s secondary matches up well with Washington’s receivers. That will force the Redskins to run the ball effectively in order to put points on the board. Running the ball is something the Redskins have struggled to do consistently this season. To make matters worse, running back Samaje Perine is questionable to play this week because of a groin injury.
Of course, there is also pressure on Denver’s offense to build off a strong 2nd half against the Colts last week. The Broncos rediscovered their running game against the Colts and they have a good chance to keep it going against the Washington defense. That being said, priority no. 1 for either Osweiler or Lynch remains not turning the ball over.
If the Denver offense can continue to value the football, I like the Broncos to win this game. The Washington offense should struggle to move the ball against the Denver defense, making it difficult to build and sustain a comfortable lead. Even if the Redskins find a way to win, I don’t see many points being scored in this game, and so the Broncos should at least beat the spread.
- Expert Betting Tips: How to Handicap AFC & NFC Championship Games
- Super Bowl 52 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- NFL Game Preview & Free Pick Against the Spread: Jags vs Pats
- Vegas Game Preview & Betting Pick: Vikings vs Eagles
- Vegas Game Preview & Free Betting Pick: Saints vs Vikings
- Vegas Betting Preview: Jaguars vs Steelers Game Odds & Free Pick
- Vegas Game Preview: Titans vs Patriots Preview & Pick
- Vegas Spread Preview: Falcons vs Eagles Game Line & Free Betting Pick
- Free Wild Card NFL Teaser Pick – Best Available Odds & Predictions
- Saints vs Panthers
- Vegas NFL Betting Preview & Free ATS Pick: Bills vs Jags
- Vegas Betting Preview: Falcons vs Rams Game Line & Free Pick
- Vegas Spread Predictions: Titans vs Chiefs Betting Odds & Game Pick
- Handicapping Repeat Divisional Matchups in the NFL Playoffs
- Cardinals vs Seahawks
- Vegas Betting Preview: Chargers vs Raiders Game Odds & Free Pick
- Giants vs Redskins
- Texans vs Colts
- NFL Game Preview & Betting Pick: Lions vs Packers
- Vegas NFL Game Preview: Eagles vs Cowboys