The Denver Broncos look to continue their winning streak as they visit the Washington Redskins in Week 16. Kickoff is scheduled for 1:00 EST on Sunday, December 24 at FedEx Field in Landover, Maryland. The game can be seen on CBS.
Oddsmakers list the Redskins as 3.5-point favorites with an over/under of 41 points. Click here for a full list of the Week 16 betting odds and links to more game previews.
Broncos vs Redskins Vegas Preview & Game Predictions
The Broncos have fallen well short of expectations this season. At 5-9, they are miles from playoff contention. But Denver has won their last two games over the Jets and Colts, giving them some late-season momentum.
Brock Osweiler took over for an injured Trevor Siemian during last week’s win over the Colts and was quite impressive. However, as soon as Paxton Lynch is fully recovered from an ankle injury, he’s likely to start, and that could happen as early as this weekend against the Redskins.
The Redskins have also fallen short of preseason expectations. Washington has lost four of their last six games, dropping them to 6-8 on the season and a distant third place in the NFC East.
Also, much like Denver, the Redskins are facing uncertainty at the quarterback position moving forward. Kirk Cousins is likely to be playing elsewhere next season, so this could be his final game in front of the Washington home fans.
Free NFL Betting Prediction: Broncos +3.5
I’m going to lean toward the Broncos in this game. For whatever reason, they’ve looked like a different team the past couple of weeks. Obviously, they beat a couple subpar teams, but the Redskins would fit into that category as well. I’ll take my chances with Denver at least keeping this game within a field goal.
The Denver defense that we expected to see all season has shown up the past couple weeks. First, they shut out the Jets and then gave up just 13 points against the Colts. I expect them to have similar success this week against the Redskins, especially if the Denver offense can continue to avoid turnovers that put the defense in a bad position.
Click on the link for more free NFL betting predictions from our experts on staff.
At times this season, Cousins and the Washington offense have clicked and put up impressive numbers. But the Redskins have failed to score more than 20 points in their last four games. Washington is also battling injuries along the offensive line, which is problematic considering Denver’s strong contingent of playmakers.
I also think that Denver’s secondary matches up well with Washington’s receivers. That will force the Redskins to run the ball effectively in order to put points on the board. Running the ball is something the Redskins have struggled to do consistently this season. To make matters worse, running back Samaje Perine is questionable to play this week because of a groin injury.
Of course, there is also pressure on Denver’s offense to build off a strong 2nd half against the Colts last week. The Broncos rediscovered their running game against the Colts and they have a good chance to keep it going against the Washington defense. That being said, priority no. 1 for either Osweiler or Lynch remains not turning the ball over.
If the Denver offense can continue to value the football, I like the Broncos to win this game. The Washington offense should struggle to move the ball against the Denver defense, making it difficult to build and sustain a comfortable lead. Even if the Redskins find a way to win, I don’t see many points being scored in this game, and so the Broncos should at least beat the spread.
- Week 1 NFL Betting Lines: Vegas Point Spreads & Game Totals
- Predicting the 2018 NFL Draft: Mock 1st Round Selections
- Super Bowl 53 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Amount Bet on the Super Bowl & How Much Vegas Won
- Super Bowl Prop Bet Results
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Pool Gambling Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 52
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Best Las Vegas Casinos/Sportsbooks to Bet & Watch the Super Bowl
- Super Bowl Sunday Party Ideas & Tips For Hosting the Big Game
- Complete History of the Super Bowl Curse & Host City
- Betting Super Bowl 52: Odds to Win the MVP Award
- History of the NFL Super Bowl Championship Rings
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History
- Super Bowl History – Look at the Worst Chokes of All-Time