The Los Angeles Chargers are still hoping they can mount a late-season playoff push as they host the winless Cleveland Browns in Week 13. Game time is set for 4:05 EST on Sunday, December 3 at the StubHubCenter in Carson, California. Fans in local markets can watch the game on CBS.
Oddsmakers view the Chargers as 13.5-point favorites at home. The over/under is set at 42.5 points. Click here to check out a full list of the Week 13 betting odds and links to more game previews.
Browns vs Chargers Betting Preview & Vegas Game Odds
The Chargers come home in Week 13 coming off an impressive Thanksgiving Day victory over the Cowboys. After starting the season 0-4, Los Angeles has won five of their last seven games to get to 5-6 on the season. That puts the Chargers just one game behind the slumping Chiefs for the top spot in the AFC West and one game out of the second wild-card spot in the AFC. It’s hard to believe, but a playoff spot is definitely within reach for the Chargers.
Meanwhile, the Browns are still searching for their first win of the season. After a series of close games, Cleveland has lost their last four games by double digits, as they get further and further away from actually winning a game. For what it’s worth, Josh Gordon is returning to the Browns this week, getting his first game action since 2014. But it’s going to take a lot more than the return of their troubled wide receiver to salvage the season.
Free NFL Betting Prediction: Chargers -13.5
I absolutely hate swallowing this many points, but the Los Angeles offense has been explosive the past two weeks. Combine that with Cleveland’s recent ineptitude and I’m going to lean toward the Chargers to cover a nearly two-touchdown spread.
Philip Rivers is coming off a game in which he threw for over 400 yards. The game before that, he was also quite good, helping the Chargers score 54 points against a quality Buffalo defense. The Los Angeles defense deserves some of the credit for that game, as they forced six turnovers. But it’s hard to argue with how good the Chargers have looked the past couple of weeks, especially on offense.
Click on the link for more free NFL betting predictions from our experts on staff.
Meanwhile, the Browns continue to flounder. They’re the lowest scoring team in the NFL, averaging just 15 points per game. Even when the offense has a decent game, the Cleveland defense tends to struggle, making it impossible for the Browns to remain competitive and have a chance to win in the 4th quarter.
Of their 11 losses this season, only five would have covered this week’s spread. However, three of those games have come in the last four weeks. The Browns seem to be getting worse as the season goes on, which has to be frustrating for the players.
Quarterback DeShone Kizer is showing minimal improvement from week to week. Also, the Cleveland defense has allowed 30 or more points in four of their last six games. It’s hard to see things getting better this week against a red-hot Chargers team that’s also had a few extra days of rest.
To be fair, the Chargers have struggled when playing some of the NFL’s better teams. However, there’s no denying that they’ve been able to take care of business against inferior teams. That’s what I expect from them this week. This is still a big spread to cover. But right now, the Chargers are loaded with momentum and confidence and the Browns aren’t. I’ll take my chances with Los Angeles being able to cover.
- Week 1 NFL Betting Lines: Vegas Point Spreads & Game Totals
- Predicting the 2018 NFL Draft: Mock 1st Round Selections
- Super Bowl 53 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Amount Bet on the Super Bowl & How Much Vegas Won
- Super Bowl Prop Bet Results
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Pool Gambling Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 52
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Best Las Vegas Casinos/Sportsbooks to Bet & Watch the Super Bowl
- Super Bowl Sunday Party Ideas & Tips For Hosting the Big Game
- Complete History of the Super Bowl Curse & Host City
- Betting Super Bowl 52: Odds to Win the MVP Award
- History of the NFL Super Bowl Championship Rings
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History
- Super Bowl History – Look at the Worst Chokes of All-Time