The Los Angeles Chargers are still hoping they can mount a late-season playoff push as they host the winless Cleveland Browns in Week 13. Game time is set for 4:05 EST on Sunday, December 3 at the StubHubCenter in Carson, California. Fans in local markets can watch the game on CBS.
Oddsmakers view the Chargers as 13.5-point favorites at home. The over/under is set at 42.5 points. Click here to check out a full list of the Week 13 betting odds and links to more game previews.
Browns vs Chargers Betting Preview & Vegas Game Odds
The Chargers come home in Week 13 coming off an impressive Thanksgiving Day victory over the Cowboys. After starting the season 0-4, Los Angeles has won five of their last seven games to get to 5-6 on the season. That puts the Chargers just one game behind the slumping Chiefs for the top spot in the AFC West and one game out of the second wild-card spot in the AFC. It’s hard to believe, but a playoff spot is definitely within reach for the Chargers.
Meanwhile, the Browns are still searching for their first win of the season. After a series of close games, Cleveland has lost their last four games by double digits, as they get further and further away from actually winning a game. For what it’s worth, Josh Gordon is returning to the Browns this week, getting his first game action since 2014. But it’s going to take a lot more than the return of their troubled wide receiver to salvage the season.
Free NFL Betting Prediction: Chargers -13.5
I absolutely hate swallowing this many points, but the Los Angeles offense has been explosive the past two weeks. Combine that with Cleveland’s recent ineptitude and I’m going to lean toward the Chargers to cover a nearly two-touchdown spread.
Philip Rivers is coming off a game in which he threw for over 400 yards. The game before that, he was also quite good, helping the Chargers score 54 points against a quality Buffalo defense. The Los Angeles defense deserves some of the credit for that game, as they forced six turnovers. But it’s hard to argue with how good the Chargers have looked the past couple of weeks, especially on offense.
Click on the link for more free NFL betting predictions from our experts on staff.
Meanwhile, the Browns continue to flounder. They’re the lowest scoring team in the NFL, averaging just 15 points per game. Even when the offense has a decent game, the Cleveland defense tends to struggle, making it impossible for the Browns to remain competitive and have a chance to win in the 4th quarter.
Of their 11 losses this season, only five would have covered this week’s spread. However, three of those games have come in the last four weeks. The Browns seem to be getting worse as the season goes on, which has to be frustrating for the players.
Quarterback DeShone Kizer is showing minimal improvement from week to week. Also, the Cleveland defense has allowed 30 or more points in four of their last six games. It’s hard to see things getting better this week against a red-hot Chargers team that’s also had a few extra days of rest.
To be fair, the Chargers have struggled when playing some of the NFL’s better teams. However, there’s no denying that they’ve been able to take care of business against inferior teams. That’s what I expect from them this week. This is still a big spread to cover. But right now, the Chargers are loaded with momentum and confidence and the Browns aren’t. I’ll take my chances with Los Angeles being able to cover.
- Expert Betting Tips: How to Handicap AFC & NFC Championship Games
- Super Bowl 52 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- NFL Game Preview & Free Pick Against the Spread: Jags vs Pats
- Vegas Game Preview & Betting Pick: Vikings vs Eagles
- Vegas Game Preview & Free Betting Pick: Saints vs Vikings
- Vegas Betting Preview: Jaguars vs Steelers Game Odds & Free Pick
- Vegas Game Preview: Titans vs Patriots Preview & Pick
- Vegas Spread Preview: Falcons vs Eagles Game Line & Free Betting Pick
- Free Wild Card NFL Teaser Pick – Best Available Odds & Predictions
- Saints vs Panthers
- Vegas NFL Betting Preview & Free ATS Pick: Bills vs Jags
- Vegas Betting Preview: Falcons vs Rams Game Line & Free Pick
- Vegas Spread Predictions: Titans vs Chiefs Betting Odds & Game Pick
- Handicapping Repeat Divisional Matchups in the NFL Playoffs
- Cardinals vs Seahawks
- Vegas Betting Preview: Chargers vs Raiders Game Odds & Free Pick
- Giants vs Redskins
- Texans vs Colts
- NFL Game Preview & Betting Pick: Lions vs Packers
- Vegas NFL Game Preview: Eagles vs Cowboys