The Detroit Lions will look to make it two wins in a row when they host the Cleveland Browns in Week 10. Kickoff is at 1:00 EST on Sunday, November 12 at Ford Field in Detroit. The game can be seen in local markets on CBS.
Oddsmakers have the Lions as 12.5-point favorites at home. With early betting in Detroit’s favor, that line has grown significantly, as the Lions opened as 9.5-point favorites. The over/under for the game is 43.5 points. Click here for a full list of the Week 10 betting odds and links to more game previews.
Browns vs Lions Vegas Betting Line & Game Preview
The Lions snapped a three-game losing streak by beating the Packers on the road. That win got them to 4-4 on the season and keeps them in the playoff conversation. Detroit’s schedule the second half of the season is quite manageable. But they have to be able to take care of business against teams with losing records. They can start by beating the Browns this week.
Cleveland, meanwhile, is still searching for their first win of the season. During their trip to London to play the Vikings, the Browns actually played well for a while and held a lead at halftime, only to falter in the 2nd half. Half of Cleveland’s eight losses have been decided by a field goal or less, so they’re capable of competing with teams. But they’ve failed to get over the hump and win a game.
Free NFL Pick Against the Spread: Lions -12.5
Even against the Browns, this is a lot of points to cover. However, Detroit has rarely struggled to score points this year, and Matthew Stafford is coming off perhaps his best game of the season. I’ll lean toward the Lions winning by at least a couple touchdowns.
Detroit’s biggest problem this season has been on the defensive side of the ball. The Lions are in the bottom half of the league in points allowed, which is the biggest reason why they are 4-4 and not 6-2. But Detroit’s defense figures to be less of an issue against a team averaging 15 points per game.
Click on the link for more free NFL betting predictions from our experts on staff.
I figure that facing Cleveland’s offense with DeShone Kizer will be similar to facing Brett Hundley and the Green Bay offense last week. As long as the Lions can keep an average Cleveland rushing attack contained, they should feel good about Kizer not being able to beat them with his arm. Kizer hasn’t thrown a touchdown pass since September, so I like the Detroit defense to get the better of the Cleveland offense in this matchup.
At the same time, Cleveland’s defense is one of the worst in the league. Stafford was 26 of 33 for over 350 yards and two touchdowns against the Packers last week, and that was without much of a running game. He’s thrown for over 300 yards in each of his past three games, and I see him keeping that up against the Browns. As long as Stafford can avoid turnovers, which he’s done for the most part this year, the Browns will struggle to keep the Lions out of the end zone.
To be fair, the Browns have proven that they can play close games. But for the most part, those games have come at home. In three of the four games the Browns have played away from home this year, they’ve lost by at least two touchdowns. The lone exception was a 3-point loss to the lowly Colts. Even with a big spread, I feel comfortable picking the Lions to cover.
- Amount Bet on the Super Bowl & How Much Vegas Won
- Super Bowl 53 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Super Bowl Prop Bet Results
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Pool Gambling Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 52
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Best Las Vegas Casinos/Sportsbooks to Bet & Watch the Super Bowl
- Super Bowl Sunday Party Ideas & Tips For Hosting the Big Game
- Complete History of the Super Bowl Curse & Host City
- Betting Super Bowl 52: Odds to Win the MVP Award
- History of the NFL Super Bowl Championship Rings
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History
- Super Bowl History – Look at the Worst Chokes of All-Time
- Super Bowl Betting Tips & Handicapping Guideline
- Super Bowl Winning & Losing NFL Head Coaches with Most Appearances