The Baltimore Ravens hope to stay ahead of the pack in the AFC playoff race when they visit the Cleveland Browns in Week 15. Game time is set for 1:00 EST on Sunday, December 17 at FirstEnergy Stadium in Cleveland. The game can be seen in local markets on CBS.
Oddsmakers list the Ravens as 7-point road favorites. The game has an over/under of 40 points. Click here for a full list of the Week 15 betting odds and links to more game previews.
Browns vs Ravens Vegas Odds Preview
Baltimore is coming off a heartbreaking loss to the Steelers last week that snapped a three-game winning streak. The Ravens are now 7-6 and part of a four-way tie for the second wild-card spot. As it stands, Baltimore has the tiebreaker advantage for the last spot, and on paper, they would also appear to have the easiest schedule. However, that doesn’t mean the Ravens can afford to lose a game, especially to the lowly Browns.
Cleveland was surprisingly competitive last week, losing a game in overtime for the second time this season. Of course, the Browns held a 14-point lead over the Packers entering the 4th quarter they let slip away. With the Browns 0-13 and finding creative ways to lose games week after week, a winless season seems like the most likely scenario.
When these two teams met in Baltimore back in Week 2, the Ravens won easily 24-10. The Browns actually out-gained the Ravens. But the Baltimore defense forced five turnovers to secure the win. Over the last decade, the Ravens have won 17 of 19 head-to-head meetings between these AFC North rivals.
Free Pick & Betting Predictions: Browns +7
It’s not easy leaning toward the Browns, but I have a hunch in this game. This is Cleveland’s final home game of the season and their best chance to steal a win before the end of the season. I’m going to bet the Browns bring their best effort and keep this game close. I can also see the Ravens having a let down after last week’s tough loss to Pittsburgh. That may be enough to keep the Browns within a touchdown.
It’s important to remember that for the most part, the Browns have been competitive at home this season. Of their six home games, three were lost by a field goal and in only one of those games were they out of contention heading into the 4th quarter. Yes, the Browns find creative ways to lose games, but only after being within striking distance late in the game.
Click on the link for more free NFL betting predictions from our experts on staff.
Also, keep in mind that the Ravens didn’t exactly dominate the Browns back in Week 4. They won comfortably because they forced five turnovers. You could even say that creating five takeaways against a team like the Browns should have allowed Baltimore to win that game by a lot more than 14 points.
Admittedly, DeShone Kizer hasn’t improved that much at limiting his turnovers since that Week 4 disaster. But he does have more experience than he did earlier in the year, and seeing the Baltimore defense already this season should help him the second time around. He’ll also have both Corey Coleman and Josh Gordon, who have returned to the Browns recently and made an immediate impact.
To be fair to the Ravens, they’ve been impressive over the past month. A close road loss to the Steelers shouldn’t change how people view them or their playoff chances. But they did fail to close out an 11-point 4th quarter lead last week. Between that collapse and the tight playoff race, there’s a lot of pressure on them not to slip up this week against a winless team.
If nothing else, the Browns have been tricky to play in Cleveland this season. They also have nothing to lose while the Ravens have everything to gain. To me, that translates to a game that’s closer than Baltimore would like. This may sound crazy, but I’ll take my chances with the Browns and the points.
- Week 1 NFL Betting Lines: Vegas Point Spreads & Game Totals
- Predicting the 2018 NFL Draft: Mock 1st Round Selections
- Super Bowl 53 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Amount Bet on the Super Bowl & How Much Vegas Won
- Super Bowl Prop Bet Results
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Pool Gambling Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 52
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Best Las Vegas Casinos/Sportsbooks to Bet & Watch the Super Bowl
- Super Bowl Sunday Party Ideas & Tips For Hosting the Big Game
- Complete History of the Super Bowl Curse & Host City
- Betting Super Bowl 52: Odds to Win the MVP Award
- History of the NFL Super Bowl Championship Rings
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History
- Super Bowl History – Look at the Worst Chokes of All-Time