The Baltimore Ravens hope to stay ahead of the pack in the AFC playoff race when they visit the Cleveland Browns in Week 15. Game time is set for 1:00 EST on Sunday, December 17 at FirstEnergy Stadium in Cleveland. The game can be seen in local markets on CBS.
Oddsmakers list the Ravens as 7-point road favorites. The game has an over/under of 40 points. Click here for a full list of the Week 15 betting odds and links to more game previews.
Browns vs Ravens Vegas Odds Preview
Baltimore is coming off a heartbreaking loss to the Steelers last week that snapped a three-game winning streak. The Ravens are now 7-6 and part of a four-way tie for the second wild-card spot. As it stands, Baltimore has the tiebreaker advantage for the last spot, and on paper, they would also appear to have the easiest schedule. However, that doesn’t mean the Ravens can afford to lose a game, especially to the lowly Browns.
Cleveland was surprisingly competitive last week, losing a game in overtime for the second time this season. Of course, the Browns held a 14-point lead over the Packers entering the 4th quarter they let slip away. With the Browns 0-13 and finding creative ways to lose games week after week, a winless season seems like the most likely scenario.
When these two teams met in Baltimore back in Week 2, the Ravens won easily 24-10. The Browns actually out-gained the Ravens. But the Baltimore defense forced five turnovers to secure the win. Over the last decade, the Ravens have won 17 of 19 head-to-head meetings between these AFC North rivals.
Free Pick & Betting Predictions: Browns +7
It’s not easy leaning toward the Browns, but I have a hunch in this game. This is Cleveland’s final home game of the season and their best chance to steal a win before the end of the season. I’m going to bet the Browns bring their best effort and keep this game close. I can also see the Ravens having a let down after last week’s tough loss to Pittsburgh. That may be enough to keep the Browns within a touchdown.
It’s important to remember that for the most part, the Browns have been competitive at home this season. Of their six home games, three were lost by a field goal and in only one of those games were they out of contention heading into the 4th quarter. Yes, the Browns find creative ways to lose games, but only after being within striking distance late in the game.
Click on the link for more free NFL betting predictions from our experts on staff.
Also, keep in mind that the Ravens didn’t exactly dominate the Browns back in Week 4. They won comfortably because they forced five turnovers. You could even say that creating five takeaways against a team like the Browns should have allowed Baltimore to win that game by a lot more than 14 points.
Admittedly, DeShone Kizer hasn’t improved that much at limiting his turnovers since that Week 4 disaster. But he does have more experience than he did earlier in the year, and seeing the Baltimore defense already this season should help him the second time around. He’ll also have both Corey Coleman and Josh Gordon, who have returned to the Browns recently and made an immediate impact.
To be fair to the Ravens, they’ve been impressive over the past month. A close road loss to the Steelers shouldn’t change how people view them or their playoff chances. But they did fail to close out an 11-point 4th quarter lead last week. Between that collapse and the tight playoff race, there’s a lot of pressure on them not to slip up this week against a winless team.
If nothing else, the Browns have been tricky to play in Cleveland this season. They also have nothing to lose while the Ravens have everything to gain. To me, that translates to a game that’s closer than Baltimore would like. This may sound crazy, but I’ll take my chances with the Browns and the points.
- Expert Betting Tips: How to Handicap AFC & NFC Championship Games
- Super Bowl 52 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- NFL Game Preview & Free Pick Against the Spread: Jags vs Pats
- Vegas Game Preview & Betting Pick: Vikings vs Eagles
- Vegas Game Preview & Free Betting Pick: Saints vs Vikings
- Vegas Betting Preview: Jaguars vs Steelers Game Odds & Free Pick
- Vegas Game Preview: Titans vs Patriots Preview & Pick
- Vegas Spread Preview: Falcons vs Eagles Game Line & Free Betting Pick
- Free Wild Card NFL Teaser Pick – Best Available Odds & Predictions
- Saints vs Panthers
- Vegas NFL Betting Preview & Free ATS Pick: Bills vs Jags
- Vegas Betting Preview: Falcons vs Rams Game Line & Free Pick
- Vegas Spread Predictions: Titans vs Chiefs Betting Odds & Game Pick
- Handicapping Repeat Divisional Matchups in the NFL Playoffs
- Cardinals vs Seahawks
- Vegas Betting Preview: Chargers vs Raiders Game Odds & Free Pick
- Giants vs Redskins
- Texans vs Colts
- NFL Game Preview & Betting Pick: Lions vs Packers
- Vegas NFL Game Preview: Eagles vs Cowboys