The Green Bay Packers hope to keep their slim playoff hopes alive when they host the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Week 13. Kickoff is scheduled for 1:00 EST on Sunday, December 3 at Lambeau Field in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Fans in local markets can watch the game on Fox.
Oddsmakers list this game as a PK with an over/under of 44 points. Click here to check out a full list of the Week 13 betting odds and links to more game previews.
Bucs vs Packers Vegas Betting Line & Game Preview
Not surprisingly, Green Bay’s season has gone downhill since Aaron Rodgers went down with an injury. Including the game Rodgers was injured, the Packers have lost five of their last six games, dropping them to 5-6 on the season. All hope is not lost, as the Packers nearly managed to knock off the Steelers last week. However, Green Bay will almost certainly need to win out in order to reach the playoffs.
The Bucs are actually in a worse position, being 4-7 on the season after last week’s loss to Atlanta. Even if Tampa can win their remaining games, it may not be enough to get them into the playoffs. Nevertheless, the Bucs will give it their best shot. Also, quarterback Jameis Winston is set to return this week after missing Tampa’s last three games with a shoulder injury.
Free NFL Betting Prediction: Packers
This is not an easy game to pick. The Packers have lost five of their last six while the Bucs have lost six of their last eight. Also, neither starting quarterback is reliable for various reasons. However, one team has to win, so I’m going to lean toward the Packers being able to win at home.
Brett Hundley has been frustratingly inconsistent since taking over as Green Bay’s quarterback. He played well in a win over the Bears a few weeks ago, only to turn the ball over four times the following week in a shutout loss to the Ravens. Of course, he followed up that disastrous performance by playing great in Pittsburgh last week in a game the Packers nearly won. It’s tough to tell beforehand whether the Packers are going to get the good Hundley or the bad Hundley.
Click on the link for more free NFL betting predictions from our experts on staff.
That being said, I’ll take my chances on the good Hundley showing up this week. Tampa’s pass defense is among the worst in the league, and it showed last week against Matt Ryan and the Falcons. The Packers still have a reliable collection of wide receivers and they’ve received a nice spark from rookie running back Jamaal Williams the past couple of weeks. With that in mind, I can see Hundley putting together a decent performance.
I’m also not sure how Winston is going to perform coming back from a shoulder injury. It’s tough to know if he’s fully healthy or just healthy enough to play. Also, Winston had his fair share of rough outings before his three-game absence.
The Bucs also have one of the worst rushing attacks in the NFL, so it’s not like Winston is going to get much help from his supporting cast. The Bucs are going to rely on Winston to lead them to victory with his arm.
Defensively, the Packers are average at best. But if they can make the Bucs one-dimensional, they could potentially force Winston into some mistakes. The Packers were able to force three turnovers against the Steelers last week, so they may be capable of causing problems for Winston, especially if he’s not fully healthy.
Ultimately, this game is a coin flip. On a good day, the Bucs would undoubtedly have the better quarterback, but I still have questions about Winston’s health. What I do know is that the Packers are at home and they’re a little better than the Bucs defensively and running the ball. That’s enough for me to take Green Bay in a PK over Tampa Bay.
- Expert Betting Tips: How to Handicap AFC & NFC Championship Games
- Super Bowl 52 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- NFL Game Preview & Free Pick Against the Spread: Jags vs Pats
- Vegas Game Preview & Betting Pick: Vikings vs Eagles
- Vegas Game Preview & Free Betting Pick: Saints vs Vikings
- Vegas Betting Preview: Jaguars vs Steelers Game Odds & Free Pick
- Vegas Game Preview: Titans vs Patriots Preview & Pick
- Vegas Spread Preview: Falcons vs Eagles Game Line & Free Betting Pick
- Free Wild Card NFL Teaser Pick – Best Available Odds & Predictions
- Saints vs Panthers
- Vegas NFL Betting Preview & Free ATS Pick: Bills vs Jags
- Vegas Betting Preview: Falcons vs Rams Game Line & Free Pick
- Vegas Spread Predictions: Titans vs Chiefs Betting Odds & Game Pick
- Handicapping Repeat Divisional Matchups in the NFL Playoffs
- Cardinals vs Seahawks
- Vegas Betting Preview: Chargers vs Raiders Game Odds & Free Pick
- Giants vs Redskins
- Texans vs Colts
- NFL Game Preview & Betting Pick: Lions vs Packers
- Vegas NFL Game Preview: Eagles vs Cowboys