Despite both teams out of the playoff picture, the Arizona Cardinals and Washington Redskins will be looking to finish the season strong when they meet up in Week 15. Kickoff is set for 1:00 EST on Sunday, December 17 at FedEx Field in Landover, Maryland. Fans in local markets can watch the game on Fox.
Oddsmakers view Washington as 4.5-point favorites at home. The over/under is set at 37.5 points. Click here for a full list of the Week 15 betting odds and links to more game previews.
Redskins vs Cardinals Vegas Spread Preview
Despite a 6-7 record, the Cardinals have actually played well in recent weeks. Arizona has won two of their last three games, both against teams that appear heading toward the playoffs in the Jaguars and the Titans. Quarterback Blaine Gabbert has been surprisingly proficient since becoming the starter. His play could help the Cardinals finish the season with a respectable record.
Things have not been going as well for the Redskins in recent weeks. Washington was 4-4 and very much in the playoff hunt at the midway point in the season. But they’ve dropped four of their five games since then, beating only the Giants, to drop to 5-8 on the season. In the last two weeks, the Redskins have suffered lopsided losses to the Chargers and Cowboys, making Washington desperate for a good performance and a win as they come back home.
Free Pick & Betting Predictions: Cardinals +4.5
This is a tough game to call. I’m a little weary to take a west coast team like the Cardinals coming east for an early game. Arizona also hasn’t fared that well on the road this season. But the Cardinals have played well against good teams the last few weeks while the Redskins have struggled. That’s enough for me to lean toward Arizona and the points in this game.
Surprisingly, Arizona has out-gained their opponent in five of their last six games. Obviously, that’s not always a telling stat, but it says a lot about how competitive they’ve been, especially while playing four teams during that span that will likely end up in the playoffs. Offensively, the Cardinals are better under Gabbert than they were under Drew Stanton. Arizona is also starting to play better defensively late in the season.
Click on the link for more free NFL betting predictions from our experts on staff.
The opposite appears to be true for Washington. The Redskins have given up at least 30 points in six of their last eight games. The Washington defense now ranks last in the NFL in points allowed.
Offensively, they’ve scored 20 or fewer points each of the last three weeks. Kirk Cousins has also become more turnover prone during that time. The Redskins haven’t been able to muster much of a rushing attack for most of the season. That means if Cousins struggles, the Redskins are likely to struggle.
The only distinct advantage that the Redskins have in this game is being at home. However, Washington has a rather ordinary 3-3 record at home. They managed to beat the Giants by 10 points at home on Thanksgiving. But that’s not necessarily a result that inspires confidence, especially after their struggles the past two weeks.
With a 4.5-point spread, the Redskins may have to win this game by a touchdown in order to cover. It’s hard to believe Washington doing that against any team at this point. The Cardinals are by no means a great team. But they’ve played well enough in recent weeks to make me think they’ll keep this game close. For me, all the value in this game is on the side of the underdog.
- Week 1 NFL Betting Lines: Vegas Point Spreads & Game Totals
- Predicting the 2018 NFL Draft: Mock 1st Round Selections
- Super Bowl 53 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Amount Bet on the Super Bowl & How Much Vegas Won
- Super Bowl Prop Bet Results
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Pool Gambling Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 52
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Best Las Vegas Casinos/Sportsbooks to Bet & Watch the Super Bowl
- Super Bowl Sunday Party Ideas & Tips For Hosting the Big Game
- Complete History of the Super Bowl Curse & Host City
- Betting Super Bowl 52: Odds to Win the MVP Award
- History of the NFL Super Bowl Championship Rings
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History
- Super Bowl History – Look at the Worst Chokes of All-Time