This Saturday the Kansas City Chiefs (7-6) will host the Los Angeles Chargers (7-6) with first place in the AFC West on the line. Kickoff is set for 8:25 EST at Arrowhead Stadium and will be televised on the NFL Network.
Oddsmakers currently have Los Angeles listed as a 2-point road favorite with the total set at 45.5 points. Click here to check out our Week 15 NFL odds page for a full betting schedule and for more links to our game previews.
Chargers vs Chiefs Vegas Betting Preview & Game Odds
Los Angeles comes in off an impressive 30-13 win and cover as a 6.5-point home favorite over the Redskins. The Chargers didn’t waste any time taking control of that matchup, as they led 13-0 at the end of the 1st quarter and took a 23-6 advantage into the half. LA finished with 488 total yards to the Redskins 201 and also had a 24-9 edge in first downs. The Chargers have now won 4 straight and are 4-1 ATS in their last 5.
Kansas City snapped their 4-game losing streak with a 26-15 win and cover as a 4-point home favorite against the Raiders. The final score really doesn’t do justice to how much better the Chiefs were than Oakland on Sunday. KC had a 26-0 lead with less than 10 minutes to play in the 4th quarter, before the Raiders scored a couple of garbage touchdowns. The Chiefs also had to settle for 4 field goals or would have been a bigger blowout early. It was only the second time in their last 8 games that KC covered the spread.
These two teams met in LA way back in Week 3, which the Chiefs won 24-10. KC jumped out to an early 14-0 lead and never looked back. The big difference in the game was the Chargers had 3 turnovers and the Chiefs didn’t have any. Kansas City has won 7 straight in the series and their last loss at home to the Chargers was way back in 2013.
Free NFL Pick & Betting Predictions: Chiefs +2
I would have to take the points here with Kansas City in this one. It’s amazing how much the perception has changed on these two teams since they last met. Keep in mind that the Chiefs were a 2.5-point road favorite in LA for that first meeting, which means at that time KC would have been close to a 8.5 favorite at home. Now they are a 2-point dog, which is more than a 10-point swing. I’m just not buying it and while I don’t think the Chiefs should be laying more than a touchdown, they should be favored.
Click on the link for more free NFL picks from our expert handicappers on staff.
I know it’s been a rough go of things for Kansas City since that 5-0 start, as they are just 2-6 over their last 8 games. What gets overlooked is that while they weren’t playing great, they were in just about everyone of those games they lost. More than anything, I think the win over the Raiders was huge for the psyche of this team.
That’s also now two straight games in which the offense has looked good. Had it not been for a couple dropped passes deep in Oakland territory, KC would have put up 40 on the Raiders. The week before they had 31 points and nearly 500 yards against the Jets. When this team is clicking offensively they are very tough to beat. I also like the matchup here, as the Chiefs are at their best when they can run the football. The Chargers are 29th in the NFL, giving up 124.8 ypg against the run.
The other thing here is the Chiefs’ defense has had Philip Rivers’ number. They picked him off 3 times in the first meeting this season and since Andy Reid and Bob Sutton came to KC, Rivers has a mere 79.3 QB rating in 9 games against the Chiefs, throwing just as many interceptions (11) as he has touchdowns (11).
Another huge factor here that I think gives the Chiefs a huge edge is the atmosphere that we will see in Kansas City. Arrowhead Stadium is going to be electric for this prime time matchup, which is going to feel like a playoff game with what’s at stake. Keep in mind that a win here and the Chiefs would simply need to beat either Miami at home or Denver on the road in their final two games to lock up the AFC West title. Give me Kansas City +2!
- Amount Bet on the Super Bowl & How Much Vegas Won
- Super Bowl 53 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Super Bowl Prop Bet Results
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Pool Gambling Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 52
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Best Las Vegas Casinos/Sportsbooks to Bet & Watch the Super Bowl
- Super Bowl Sunday Party Ideas & Tips For Hosting the Big Game
- Complete History of the Super Bowl Curse & Host City
- Betting Super Bowl 52: Odds to Win the MVP Award
- History of the NFL Super Bowl Championship Rings
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History
- Super Bowl History – Look at the Worst Chokes of All-Time
- Super Bowl Betting Tips & Handicapping Guideline
- Super Bowl Winning & Losing NFL Head Coaches with Most Appearances