This Sunday the New York Jets (4-7) will host the Kansas City Chiefs (6-5). Will Kansas City right the ship or will the Jets keep their slim playoff hopes alive? Kickoff is set for 1:00 EST at MetLife Stadium and will be televised locally on CBS.
Oddsmakers currently have the Chiefs listed as a 3-point road favorite with the total set at 44 points. Click here for a full NFL Week 13 schedule with game odds and links to our previews.
Chiefs vs Jets Vegas Game Odds & Betting Preview
Kansas City comes in off another surprising loss. The Chiefs fell at home to the Bills 10-16 as a 9-point favorite. KC has now lost 3 straight and 5 of their last 6. All of which comes after they started the season a perfect 5-0. A once potent offense can’t seem to get on track, as the Chiefs have scored just 36 points in their last 3 games combined.
New York enters off a 27-35 home loss to the Panthers. The Jets put up a good fight, but it was Carolina that covered as a 6-point favorite. New York couldn’t hold on to a 17-12 lead early in the 3rd or a 20-18 edge early in the 4th. Like Kansas City, wins have been hard to come by. The Jets have lost each of their last two and 5 of their last 6.
These two teams met last year at Arrowhead. The Chiefs won that game at home 24-3 and covered as a short 3-point favorite. Turnovers were the story in that game. Kansas City forced 8 New York turnovers and returned two of them for touchdowns.
NFL Betting Predictions & Free ATS Pick: Chiefs -3
It’s hard to put a finger on what’s exactly happened to the Chiefs. Outside of losing Eric Berry in Week 1, they haven’t really been hit that hard with injuries. If anything the key guys have been lost on defense, which doesn’t explain the big decline in production from the offense. The biggest difference is the lack of success the Chiefs have had running the ball. During their 5-0 start, KC averaged 156.2 ypg on the ground. Over their 1-5 stretch they have rushed for a mere 76.3 ypg.
Click on the link for more free NFL picks from our top rated handicappers.
Years ago the Jets would be the last team you want to face when you couldn’t run the ball, but that’s not the case now a days. New York comes in ranked 26th in the NFL, giving up 120.4 ypg on the ground. Just last week they gave up 145 on their home field to the Panthers. I think this is a defense the Chiefs can get right against. It’s also not just all the running game, Alex Smith has to play better than he has and again this is a team I think he will play well against.
I also think we are getting exceptional value here with Kansas City. What really has everyone down on this team is not only were they struggling to win games, they haven’t been covering. A big reason for that is they were way overvalued coming off that 5-0 start, laying 10-points on the road and more than a touchdown against the Bills. The books have finally adjusted, as the public is off this team. Just a coupe weeks ago I think the Chiefs would have been closer to a touchdown favorite here, but instead we get them laying only a field goal.
It would be one thing if the Jets were 3-3 over their last 6 and showed the ability to close out games, but they are 1-5 and you have to wonder just how much more fight this team has left in them. It’s do or die fo the Chiefs in this game. I’ll put my trust here in Andy Reid and his staff putting together a game plan to leave New York with a win. Give me Kansas City -3.
- Week 1 NFL Betting Lines: Vegas Point Spreads & Game Totals
- Predicting the 2018 NFL Draft: Mock 1st Round Selections
- Super Bowl 53 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Amount Bet on the Super Bowl & How Much Vegas Won
- Super Bowl Prop Bet Results
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Pool Gambling Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 52
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Best Las Vegas Casinos/Sportsbooks to Bet & Watch the Super Bowl
- Super Bowl Sunday Party Ideas & Tips For Hosting the Big Game
- Complete History of the Super Bowl Curse & Host City
- Betting Super Bowl 52: Odds to Win the MVP Award
- History of the NFL Super Bowl Championship Rings
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History
- Super Bowl History – Look at the Worst Chokes of All-Time