The Kansas City Chiefs desperately try to get back on track in Week 14 when they host the Oakland Raiders. Kickoff is set for 1:00 EST on Sunday, December 10 at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri. The game can be seen in most markets on CBS.
The Chiefs enter the game as 4-point favorites at home. The over/under is set at 47.5 points. Click here for a full list of the Week 14 betting odds and links to more game previews.
Raiders vs Chiefs Vegas Spread Preview
The wheels have officially fallen off the bus in Kansas City. After looking like the best team in football the first month of the season, the Chiefs are now losers of four straight games and six of their last seven. A month ago, Kansas City looked like a lock to win the AFC West. However, the Chiefs now find themselves in a three-way tie atop the division at 6-6.
One of those 6-6 teams is the Raiders, who have won two in a row and three of their last four games. Oakland has been able to take advantage of a weak schedule over the past month to get themselves back in the playoff hunt. The Raiders are not only tied for the top spot in the AFC West, but they are also just one game out of a wild-card spot.
Oakland’s recent hot streak began with a Thursday night win against Kansas City in Week 7. That win by the Raiders snapped Kansas City’s five-game winning streak against Oakland. The Raiders will now look to sweep the Chiefs for the first time since 2012.
Free Pick & Betting Predictions: Raiders +4
I’m going to lean toward Oakland in this game. For the record, I’m not ready to buy the Raiders as a playoff team, even in a weak AFC. But the Chiefs haven’t won a game in over a month, and that win was against the lowly Broncos. At this point, I’d have a hard time picking the Chiefs to win a game straight up, much less cover four points. That makes it a little easier to take the Raiders and the points in this matchup.
It’s tough to pinpoint Kansas City’s biggest problem during their current skid. Originally, their offense was in a slump, averaging just 12 points per game in three straight games. But the Chiefs got it together offensively last week, only to see their defense self-destruct against a mediocre Jets team.
Click on the link for more free NFL betting predictions from our experts on staff.
The Kansas City defense also struggled when they played the Raiders earlier this year. Specifically, they were helpless to stop Amari Cooper, who had over 200 yards receiving. The Chiefs could catch a break with Cooper sitting out last week. However, Oakland is hopeful that he’ll be able to return this week.
Keep in mind that the Raiders found a way to get by without both Cooper and Michael Crabtree last week. Admittedly, that was against the Giants, who are one of the worst teams in the NFL. But they will at least get Crabtree back this week, which should give the Oakland offense a lift. If Cooper is able to play as well, the Chiefs could have their hands full defensively.
Of course, the Oakland defense will have similar concerns. They gave up plenty of big plays when they faced the Chiefs in Week 7. The Kansas City offense also showed plenty of big-play ability last week. If Alex Smith and company can keep it going and put their recent struggles behind them, they should have no problem putting points on the board against the Raiders.
You can easily make an argument for either team winning this game. After all, the Chiefs are in the middle of a massive slump while the Raiders have built up some momentum after back-to-back wins. What I don’t see is either team pulling away from the other. The Chiefs and Raiders played a 1-point game earlier this year and I’d be surprised if either team won by more than a field goal this time around. That makes Oakland and the points the best value pick.
- Amount Bet on the Super Bowl & How Much Vegas Won
- Super Bowl 53 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Super Bowl Prop Bet Results
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Pool Gambling Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 52
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Best Las Vegas Casinos/Sportsbooks to Bet & Watch the Super Bowl
- Super Bowl Sunday Party Ideas & Tips For Hosting the Big Game
- Complete History of the Super Bowl Curse & Host City
- Betting Super Bowl 52: Odds to Win the MVP Award
- History of the NFL Super Bowl Championship Rings
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History
- Super Bowl History – Look at the Worst Chokes of All-Time
- Super Bowl Betting Tips & Handicapping Guideline
- Super Bowl Winning & Losing NFL Head Coaches with Most Appearances