This Sunday the Kansas City Chiefs (5-0) will look to remain the only team without a loss when they host the Pittsburgh Steelers. Kickoff is set for 4:25 EST at Arrowhead Stadium and will be televised locally on CBS.
Oddsmakers currently have the Chiefs listed as a 4.5-point home favorite with the total set at 46 points. Click on the link for our Week 6 NFL odds page, which includes links to our game previews.
Steelers vs Chiefs Vegas Betting Odds & Game Preview
Pittsburgh comes into this contest off an ugly 9-30 loss at home to the Jaguars as a 7-point favorite. It was a miserable day at the office for quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, who threw five interceptions, two of which were returned for scores. The defense also gave up a 90-yard TD run in the final two minutes to make it look even more lopsided.
The Chiefs went on the road and beat the Texans 42-34 as a short 2-point road favorite. It wasn’t as close as the final score would indicate, as Houston added a garbage TD on the final play of the game and converted the 2-point conversion. Not only are the Chiefs the only unbeaten at 5-0, but they are also a perfect 5-0 ATS to start out 2017.
These two teams played in last year’s AFC Divisional Round, which the Steelers won 18-16 on the road. The Chiefs also lost 14-43 at Pittsburgh during the regular-season last year.
NFL Betting Pick & Free Pick Predictions: Steelers +4.5
I would have to take the points with Pittsburgh in this one. The fact that Kansas City has started out 5-0 ATS and are the talk of the NFL right now, the public is lining up to take them. This line has been inflated because of that and thus the value here is with the Steelers.
Click here for more free NFL predictions from our top rated handicappers.
The thing with Kansas City is the injuries are starting to mount up and my big concern this week is what they do if Travis Kelce isn’t able to clear the concussion protocol. Not to mentioned the lost starting wide out Chris Conley. The defense lost All-Pro safety Eric Berry in the opener and their two best pass rushers in Dee Ford and Justin Houston are listed as questionable.
This is also an ideal spot to jump on the Steelers after that embarrassing loss to Jacksonville. Pittsburgh will be 100% locked in for this contest and have owned this series when Roethlisberger has been healthy. In fact, the Steelers are a perfect 6-0 against the Chiefs when Roethlisberger starts and finishes a game.
Both of the meetings last year were pretty lopsided in terms of yards. The Steelers were up 36-0 in the regular season meeting before the Chiefs added a couple garbage touchdowns late. In the postseason meeting, the Chiefs somehow managed to hold the Steelers to 6 field goals, or that would have been a lot uglier final score.
The biggest thing here is we don’t even need Pittsburgh to win the game outright. Chances are this is a back and forth game that could go either way in the 4th quarter. I’d much rather take my chances that the Steelers win outright or keep it with 4 points, than bank on KC winning by 5 or more.
Pittsburgh is 13-6 ATS in their last 19 following a loss, an impressive 22-8-2 ATS in their last 32 road games against a team with a winning home record and a perfect 6-0 in their last 6 road games against a team that is allowing 4.5 or more yards/carry against the run.
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History
- Super Bowl History – Look at the Worst Chokes of All-Time
- Amount Bet on the Super Bowl & How Much Vegas Won
- Super Bowl Betting Tips & Handicapping Guideline
- Super Bowl Winning & Losing NFL Head Coaches with Most Appearances
- Super Bowl 52 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Patriots vs Falcons
- Expert Betting Tips: How to Handicap AFC & NFC Championship Games
- NFL Game Preview & Free Pick Against the Spread: Jags vs Pats
- Vegas Game Preview & Betting Pick: Vikings vs Eagles
- Vegas Game Preview & Free Betting Pick: Saints vs Vikings
- Vegas Betting Preview: Jaguars vs Steelers Game Odds & Free Pick
- Vegas Game Preview: Titans vs Patriots Preview & Pick
- Vegas Spread Preview: Falcons vs Eagles Game Line & Free Betting Pick
- Free Wild Card NFL Teaser Pick – Best Available Odds & Predictions
- Saints vs Panthers
- Vegas NFL Betting Preview & Free ATS Pick: Bills vs Jags