The Buffalo Bills will try to stay in the AFC Wild-Card picture this weekend when they host the Indianapolis Colts. Kickoff is at 1:00 PM EST on Sunday, December 10th from New Era Field in Orchard Park, New York. Fans can watch the game on CBS.
Oddsmakers currently list the Bills as 2.5-point home favorites. That line wasn’t announced until early Friday morning due to speculation over the availability of Buffalo QB Tyrod Taylor. The over/under for the game still has not been set. Click here for a full list of the Week 14 betting odds and links to more game previews.
Colts vs Bills Game Betting Preview & Vegas Odds
The Colts were embarrassed 30-10 by the Jacksonville Jaguars last week to drop to just 3-9 on the season. QB Jacoby Brissett was largely ineffective for much of the game, passing for just 174 yards and one touchdown. Brissett also threw two more interceptions in Week 13 to bring his total on the year up to seven. Veteran RB Frank Gore also looked mediocre again last weekend, rushing for only 61 cards on 13 carries. Gore has only gained 632 yards on the ground through 12 games. WR T.Y. Hilton has also struggled to find his groove without Andrew Luck, as the perennial 1,100+ yard game-breaker has racked up just 791 yards. Indianapolis was also awful defensively last weekend, allowing the Jaguars to gain 426 total yards – including a ridiculous 330 passing yards. The Colts are ranked dead-last in the entire NFL in terms of scoring defense, giving up an average of 27.5 points per game.
Buffalo fell back to .500 on the season (6-6) after a tough 23-3 loss at home to the New England Patriots last weekend. The Bills couldn’t get any momentum going offensively all game, as Tyrod Taylor and Co. failed to find the end zone. Taylor was carted off the field during the 3rd quarter after suffering an apparent knee injury. His status for Week 14 is still up in the air, however he was a limited participant in practice on Thursday. He is officially still listed as questionable, which means Nathan Peterman, (AKA the “five interceptions in one half” guy) may receive a second start after his disastrous debut against the Chargers. On the other side of the ball, the Bills have slowly started to slip into the bottom third of the league in several major defensive categories. Buffalo is allowing opponents to score an average of 23.6 points on 361.6 total yards per game.
Free NFL Pick Against the Spread: Buffalo -2.5
Let me start by issuing a small disclaimer : if Tyrod Taylor isn’t starting at quarterback on Sunday, I’m steering clear of this game entirely. However, I think the likeliest scenario is that a 65-75% healthy Taylor attempts to tough it out for four quarters to try and keep the Bills slim playoff hopes alive. They certainly cannot afford to lose to a 3-9 Colts team at home this weekend. Buffalo has really fallen apart defensively lately, giving up an average of 33.5 points per game over their last five. Peterman has no shot at doing enough through the air on his own if Taylor can’t suit up on Sunday. However, I think the current line still has a bit too much of the Peterman-angle factored in. Taylor practised Thursday and I’m thinking he does everything humanely possible to make sure he suits up for what is basically a must win game for Buffalo.
Click on the link for more free NFL betting predictions from our experts on staff.
There is snow in the forecast pretty much all day on Sunday in Buffalo. I can’t imagine either team having a ton of success through the air, which means LeSean McCoy will likely face-off against the ageing Frank Gore. Shady still has some gas left in the tank, so I’m definitely giving the Bills the edge on the ground. They have also performed a little bit better defensively than Indianapolis, although that certainly isn’t saying much.
Indianapolis is 2-5 ATS over their past seven road games. They are also just 1-3-1 ATS in their past five games against the Bills. Finally, they are a brutal 4-12-1 ATS over their past 17 games at New Era Field (Ralph Wilson Stadium). Buffalo, on the other hand, is 15-5-1 ATS in their past 21 games at home against the Colts. However, the only thing that I am really concerned about in this spot is the health of Tyrod Taylor. If he plays, I’m happy to lay the 2.5 points, especially since the Bills are at home again this weekend.
- Week 1 NFL Betting Lines: Vegas Point Spreads & Game Totals
- Predicting the 2018 NFL Draft: Mock 1st Round Selections
- Super Bowl 53 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Amount Bet on the Super Bowl & How Much Vegas Won
- Super Bowl Prop Bet Results
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Pool Gambling Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 52
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Best Las Vegas Casinos/Sportsbooks to Bet & Watch the Super Bowl
- Super Bowl Sunday Party Ideas & Tips For Hosting the Big Game
- Complete History of the Super Bowl Curse & Host City
- Betting Super Bowl 52: Odds to Win the MVP Award
- History of the NFL Super Bowl Championship Rings
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History
- Super Bowl History – Look at the Worst Chokes of All-Time