The Jacksonville Jaguars hope to bounce back from a disappointing loss when they host the Indianapolis Colts. Kickoff is at 1:00 EST on Sunday, December 3 at EverBank Field in Jacksonville. Fans in local markets can watch the game on CBS.
Oddsmakers view Jacksonville as 9.5-point favorites. That line has increased after the Jaguars opened at -7.5. The over/under is set at 40.5 points. Click here to see a full list of the Week 13 betting odds and links to more game previews.
Colts vs Jaguars Vegas Betting Preview
The Jaguars saw their four-game winning streak come to an end last week when they lost to the Cardinals. A poor performance and three turnovers by the Jacksonville offense ended up hurting the Jaguars in a game they should have won. The loss dropped Jacksonville to 7-4 on the season, putting them into a tie with the Titans atop the AFC South.
Meanwhile, the Colts sit at the bottom of the AFC South at 3-8. Indianapolis has lost five of their last six games, blowing leads in four of their five losses during that span. The last two weeks, in particular, the Colts have lost out on opportunities to beat quality teams. They held 2nd half leads of 10 points or more against both the Steelers and Titans but couldn’t finish the job.
These two teams met in Indianapolis back in Week 7, with the Jags winning 27-0. The Jacksonville defense was dominant in that game, sacking Jacoby Brissett 10 times. The Jags also played that game without Leonard Fournette and didn’t miss a beat. That’s a good sign for Jacksonville, as Fournette is questionable to play this week. However, the Colts have played much better in recent weeks compared to their first meeting with the Jags.
Free Pick & Point Spread Predictions: Colts +9
Based on Indy’s play in recent weeks, I can’t swallow this many points. The Colts are a much better than they were six weeks ago. I also don’t fully trust the Jacksonville offense to play well enough to put teams away. I like the Jags to win, but against the spread, I’ll lean toward the Colts
Statistically, the Indianapolis defense is the worst in the NFL. The Colts give up an average of 27 points per game. However, they’ve allowed 20 points or less in their last three games, including games against the Steelers and Titans. If the Jaguars can’t top 20 points, covering a 9.5-point spread will be tough.
Click on the link for more free NFL betting predictions from our experts on staff.
With Fournette battling an ankle injury, there’s no guarantee the Jags will be anywhere close to their best offensively. Blake Bortles was actually the team’s leading rusher last week against the Cardinals. Bortles has also been unimpressive throwing the ball the past couple of weeks against the Browns and Cardinals. If he can’t put up good numbers against those teams, the Colts definitely have a chance to limit the Jacksonville offense, especially if Fournette is absent or playing hurt.
Of course, you can’t forget about the Jacksonville defense. The Jags have held teams under 10 points in six of their 11 games this season. If they can do that against the Colts, covering the spread becomes a little more manageable, even if they can’t break 20 points.
However, Brissett deserves a little credit. He’s been solid over the past month, especially in the 1st half of games, even if the Colts can’t seem to hold onto their leads. Even against the Jaguars the first time around, he wasn’t that bad. Despite being sacked 10 times, he didn’t turn the ball over. If Brissett can continue to avoid turnovers, the Colts should be able to keep this game close.
I don’t think the Colts will win this game. But they’ve outplayed good teams in recent weeks, at least in the 1st half of games. I see a similar script this week. Indy will fall apart in the 2nd half but still manage to beat the spread.
- Week 1 NFL Betting Lines: Vegas Point Spreads & Game Totals
- Predicting the 2018 NFL Draft: Mock 1st Round Selections
- Super Bowl 53 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Amount Bet on the Super Bowl & How Much Vegas Won
- Super Bowl Prop Bet Results
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Pool Gambling Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 52
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Best Las Vegas Casinos/Sportsbooks to Bet & Watch the Super Bowl
- Super Bowl Sunday Party Ideas & Tips For Hosting the Big Game
- Complete History of the Super Bowl Curse & Host City
- Betting Super Bowl 52: Odds to Win the MVP Award
- History of the NFL Super Bowl Championship Rings
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History
- Super Bowl History – Look at the Worst Chokes of All-Time