The Jacksonville Jaguars hope to bounce back from a disappointing loss when they host the Indianapolis Colts. Kickoff is at 1:00 EST on Sunday, December 3 at EverBank Field in Jacksonville. Fans in local markets can watch the game on CBS.
Oddsmakers view Jacksonville as 9.5-point favorites. That line has increased after the Jaguars opened at -7.5. The over/under is set at 40.5 points. Click here to see a full list of the Week 13 betting odds and links to more game previews.
Colts vs Jaguars Vegas Betting Preview
The Jaguars saw their four-game winning streak come to an end last week when they lost to the Cardinals. A poor performance and three turnovers by the Jacksonville offense ended up hurting the Jaguars in a game they should have won. The loss dropped Jacksonville to 7-4 on the season, putting them into a tie with the Titans atop the AFC South.
Meanwhile, the Colts sit at the bottom of the AFC South at 3-8. Indianapolis has lost five of their last six games, blowing leads in four of their five losses during that span. The last two weeks, in particular, the Colts have lost out on opportunities to beat quality teams. They held 2nd half leads of 10 points or more against both the Steelers and Titans but couldn’t finish the job.
These two teams met in Indianapolis back in Week 7, with the Jags winning 27-0. The Jacksonville defense was dominant in that game, sacking Jacoby Brissett 10 times. The Jags also played that game without Leonard Fournette and didn’t miss a beat. That’s a good sign for Jacksonville, as Fournette is questionable to play this week. However, the Colts have played much better in recent weeks compared to their first meeting with the Jags.
Free Pick & Point Spread Predictions: Colts +9
Based on Indy’s play in recent weeks, I can’t swallow this many points. The Colts are a much better than they were six weeks ago. I also don’t fully trust the Jacksonville offense to play well enough to put teams away. I like the Jags to win, but against the spread, I’ll lean toward the Colts
Statistically, the Indianapolis defense is the worst in the NFL. The Colts give up an average of 27 points per game. However, they’ve allowed 20 points or less in their last three games, including games against the Steelers and Titans. If the Jaguars can’t top 20 points, covering a 9.5-point spread will be tough.
Click on the link for more free NFL betting predictions from our experts on staff.
With Fournette battling an ankle injury, there’s no guarantee the Jags will be anywhere close to their best offensively. Blake Bortles was actually the team’s leading rusher last week against the Cardinals. Bortles has also been unimpressive throwing the ball the past couple of weeks against the Browns and Cardinals. If he can’t put up good numbers against those teams, the Colts definitely have a chance to limit the Jacksonville offense, especially if Fournette is absent or playing hurt.
Of course, you can’t forget about the Jacksonville defense. The Jags have held teams under 10 points in six of their 11 games this season. If they can do that against the Colts, covering the spread becomes a little more manageable, even if they can’t break 20 points.
However, Brissett deserves a little credit. He’s been solid over the past month, especially in the 1st half of games, even if the Colts can’t seem to hold onto their leads. Even against the Jaguars the first time around, he wasn’t that bad. Despite being sacked 10 times, he didn’t turn the ball over. If Brissett can continue to avoid turnovers, the Colts should be able to keep this game close.
I don’t think the Colts will win this game. But they’ve outplayed good teams in recent weeks, at least in the 1st half of games. I see a similar script this week. Indy will fall apart in the 2nd half but still manage to beat the spread.
- Expert Betting Tips: How to Handicap AFC & NFC Championship Games
- Super Bowl 52 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- NFL Game Preview & Free Pick Against the Spread: Jags vs Pats
- Vegas Game Preview & Betting Pick: Vikings vs Eagles
- Vegas Game Preview & Free Betting Pick: Saints vs Vikings
- Vegas Betting Preview: Jaguars vs Steelers Game Odds & Free Pick
- Vegas Game Preview: Titans vs Patriots Preview & Pick
- Vegas Spread Preview: Falcons vs Eagles Game Line & Free Betting Pick
- Free Wild Card NFL Teaser Pick – Best Available Odds & Predictions
- Saints vs Panthers
- Vegas NFL Betting Preview & Free ATS Pick: Bills vs Jags
- Vegas Betting Preview: Falcons vs Rams Game Line & Free Pick
- Vegas Spread Predictions: Titans vs Chiefs Betting Odds & Game Pick
- Handicapping Repeat Divisional Matchups in the NFL Playoffs
- Cardinals vs Seahawks
- Vegas Betting Preview: Chargers vs Raiders Game Odds & Free Pick
- Giants vs Redskins
- Texans vs Colts
- NFL Game Preview & Betting Pick: Lions vs Packers
- Vegas NFL Game Preview: Eagles vs Cowboys