The Tennessee Titans will look to get back on track when they visit the Indianapolis Colts in Week 12. Kickoff is at 1:00 EST on Sunday, November 26 at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis. The game can be seen on Fox in local markets.
Oddsmakers view the Titans as 3.5-point road favorites with an over/under of 44 points. Click here to check out a full list of the Week 12 betting odds and links to more game previews.
Colts vs Titans Vegas Preview & Game Predictions
Tennessee saw their four-game winning streak come to an end in disastrous fashion last week, losing to the Steelers 40-17. Marcus Mariota threw for over 300 yards in the loss, but he also threw four interceptions and was sacked five times. The Tennessee defense also had a rough day, allowing Ben Roethlisberger to throw four touchdown passes.
With the loss, the Titans failed to keep pace with the Jaguars atop the AFC South. Tennessee is now 6-4 and a game behind Jacksonville. However, thanks to a terribly mediocre AFC, the Titans are still in good shape for a playoff spot. Nevertheless, they’d no doubt prefer to win the division.
The Colts, meanwhile, are clinging to the slimmest of hopes that they can make a late-season run. Indy has lost four of their last five to fall to 3-7 on the season. Their most recent game prior to last week’s bye came against the Steelers, a game in which they saw a 17-3 lead evaporate in the 2nd half.
These two division rivals also met back in Week 6, with the Titans winning 36-22. That win by Tennessee broke an 11-game losing streak at the hands of the Colts.
Free NFL Betting Prediction: Colts +3.5
Last week’s nightmare against the Steelers aside, I’ve been impressed by what the Titans have been able to accomplish this year. But I have serious concerns about their performance on the road this season, so I’m going to lean toward Indianapolis in this game. The Colts are a better team than the one the Titans saw in Week 6, and I don’t see them losing by more than a field goal at home.
Tennessee is just 2-3 on the road this season. One of those wins was an overtime game against the Browns. They’ve also been blown out by the Texans and lost to a bad Dolphins team away from home. Those results don’t inspire a lot of confidence that the Titans can win on the road this week, even against the Colts.
Click on the link for more free NFL betting predictions from our experts on staff.
It’s also important to note that Indianapolis quarterback Jacoby Brissett has definitely improved since that Week 6 meeting with the Titans. In the four games he’s played since then, his accuracy has improved dramatically and he’s thrown six touchdowns with just two interceptions.Brissett should also be playing with a lot more confidence as he faces a defense that gave up 40 points last week.
The Indianapolis defense has also shown noticeable improvement over the past month and a half. They managed to keep Pittsburgh’s high-powered offense in check for the 1st half, so clearly they’re capable of a good performance. The Colts have also had an extra week of preparation to learn from their mistakes when they played the Titans the first time around. They’ll also be playing Mariota one week after he tossed four interceptions, so his confidence may be rattled.
In addition to my reservations about the Titans on the road, the Colts have played their best football at home. At Lucas Oil Stadium this year, Indy is 2-3, with two of those losses coming by a field goal. That’s enough to make me think they can beat this spread, and possibly beat the Titans. Right now, I don’t have much faith in Tennessee to cover any amount of points on the road. Worst-case scenario, I see the Titans winning by a field goal and failing to cover the spread.
- Week 1 NFL Betting Lines: Vegas Point Spreads & Game Totals
- Predicting the 2018 NFL Draft: Mock 1st Round Selections
- Super Bowl 53 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Amount Bet on the Super Bowl & How Much Vegas Won
- Super Bowl Prop Bet Results
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Pool Gambling Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 52
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Best Las Vegas Casinos/Sportsbooks to Bet & Watch the Super Bowl
- Super Bowl Sunday Party Ideas & Tips For Hosting the Big Game
- Complete History of the Super Bowl Curse & Host City
- Betting Super Bowl 52: Odds to Win the MVP Award
- History of the NFL Super Bowl Championship Rings
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History
- Super Bowl History – Look at the Worst Chokes of All-Time