The Tennessee Titans will look to get back on track when they visit the Indianapolis Colts in Week 12. Kickoff is at 1:00 EST on Sunday, November 26 at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis. The game can be seen on Fox in local markets.
Oddsmakers view the Titans as 3.5-point road favorites with an over/under of 44 points. Click here to check out a full list of the Week 12 betting odds and links to more game previews.
Colts vs Titans Vegas Preview & Game Predictions
Tennessee saw their four-game winning streak come to an end in disastrous fashion last week, losing to the Steelers 40-17. Marcus Mariota threw for over 300 yards in the loss, but he also threw four interceptions and was sacked five times. The Tennessee defense also had a rough day, allowing Ben Roethlisberger to throw four touchdown passes.
With the loss, the Titans failed to keep pace with the Jaguars atop the AFC South. Tennessee is now 6-4 and a game behind Jacksonville. However, thanks to a terribly mediocre AFC, the Titans are still in good shape for a playoff spot. Nevertheless, they’d no doubt prefer to win the division.
The Colts, meanwhile, are clinging to the slimmest of hopes that they can make a late-season run. Indy has lost four of their last five to fall to 3-7 on the season. Their most recent game prior to last week’s bye came against the Steelers, a game in which they saw a 17-3 lead evaporate in the 2nd half.
These two division rivals also met back in Week 6, with the Titans winning 36-22. That win by Tennessee broke an 11-game losing streak at the hands of the Colts.
Free NFL Betting Prediction: Colts +3.5
Last week’s nightmare against the Steelers aside, I’ve been impressed by what the Titans have been able to accomplish this year. But I have serious concerns about their performance on the road this season, so I’m going to lean toward Indianapolis in this game. The Colts are a better team than the one the Titans saw in Week 6, and I don’t see them losing by more than a field goal at home.
Tennessee is just 2-3 on the road this season. One of those wins was an overtime game against the Browns. They’ve also been blown out by the Texans and lost to a bad Dolphins team away from home. Those results don’t inspire a lot of confidence that the Titans can win on the road this week, even against the Colts.
Click on the link for more free NFL betting predictions from our experts on staff.
It’s also important to note that Indianapolis quarterback Jacoby Brissett has definitely improved since that Week 6 meeting with the Titans. In the four games he’s played since then, his accuracy has improved dramatically and he’s thrown six touchdowns with just two interceptions.Brissett should also be playing with a lot more confidence as he faces a defense that gave up 40 points last week.
The Indianapolis defense has also shown noticeable improvement over the past month and a half. They managed to keep Pittsburgh’s high-powered offense in check for the 1st half, so clearly they’re capable of a good performance. The Colts have also had an extra week of preparation to learn from their mistakes when they played the Titans the first time around. They’ll also be playing Mariota one week after he tossed four interceptions, so his confidence may be rattled.
In addition to my reservations about the Titans on the road, the Colts have played their best football at home. At Lucas Oil Stadium this year, Indy is 2-3, with two of those losses coming by a field goal. That’s enough to make me think they can beat this spread, and possibly beat the Titans. Right now, I don’t have much faith in Tennessee to cover any amount of points on the road. Worst-case scenario, I see the Titans winning by a field goal and failing to cover the spread.
- Expert Betting Tips: How to Handicap AFC & NFC Championship Games
- Super Bowl 52 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- NFL Game Preview & Free Pick Against the Spread: Jags vs Pats
- Vegas Game Preview & Betting Pick: Vikings vs Eagles
- Vegas Game Preview & Free Betting Pick: Saints vs Vikings
- Vegas Betting Preview: Jaguars vs Steelers Game Odds & Free Pick
- Vegas Game Preview: Titans vs Patriots Preview & Pick
- Vegas Spread Preview: Falcons vs Eagles Game Line & Free Betting Pick
- Free Wild Card NFL Teaser Pick – Best Available Odds & Predictions
- Saints vs Panthers
- Vegas NFL Betting Preview & Free ATS Pick: Bills vs Jags
- Vegas Betting Preview: Falcons vs Rams Game Line & Free Pick
- Vegas Spread Predictions: Titans vs Chiefs Betting Odds & Game Pick
- Handicapping Repeat Divisional Matchups in the NFL Playoffs
- Cardinals vs Seahawks
- Vegas Betting Preview: Chargers vs Raiders Game Odds & Free Pick
- Giants vs Redskins
- Texans vs Colts
- NFL Game Preview & Betting Pick: Lions vs Packers
- Vegas NFL Game Preview: Eagles vs Cowboys