The NFL Week 10 schedule is highlighted by a matchup between the Dallas Cowboys and Atlanta Falcons. Kickoff is set for 4:25 EST on Sunday, November 12 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta. The game can be seen on Fox in most markets.
The Falcons are listed as 3-point favorites at home. The over/under for the game is 50.5 points. Click here to see a full list of the Week 10 betting odds and links to more game previews.
Cowboys vs Falcons Vegas Preview & Game Predictions
Early in the season, the Falcons looked like one of the best teams in the NFC. But they are now spiraling out of control after losing four of their last five games. Most of their losses have been close games, but that doesn’t change the fact that they are third in the NFC South at the midway point of the season. If Atlanta can’t get things turned around quickly, they could be out of contention by early December.
Dallas has their own set of problems with Ezekiel Elliott finally starting his suspension. The timing of the suspension is far from ideal. The Cowboys have looked like world beaters during their current three-game winning streak. But with Elliott out for the next six games and Dez Bryant questionable because of an injury, there will be a lot on Dak Prescott’s shoulders this week and in the weeks to come.
Free NFL Pick Against the Spread: Cowboys +3
The loss of Elliott hurts, but it’s not a deal breaker for me. The Cowboys are still red-hot and brimming with confidence heading into this game. Meanwhile, the Falcons remain puzzled about why they’ve only won once in their last five games. With Dallas being the underdog, it’s easy to lean toward the Cowboys in this game.
Without Elliott, the Dallas running game won’t be the same, but it’s also not going to disappear completely. The Cowboys still have a strong offensive line and a veteran backup in Alfred Morris who’s capable of getting 15-plus touches per game. Prescott also remains a running threat, so the Cowboys should find a way to maintain a productive rushing attack.
Click on the link for more free NFL betting predictions from our experts on staff.
More importantly, the Falcons were dreadful at defending the run last week. The Panthers racked up over 200 yards on the ground, primarily behind Cam Newton and Christian McCaffrey. It’s not a stretch to think that Prescott and Morris can replicate that kind of performance this week. If so, you may not even notice that Elliott is missing.
Atlanta also has problems on the other side of the ball. Julio Jones is expected to play, but he’s still nursing an ankle injury. Devonta Freeman is also listed as questionable with a knee injury. Freeman has struggled to get going the past couple of weeks, which is a concern for the Falcons.
If the Falcons can’t run the ball consistently, it could create opportunities for the Dallas pass rush to bother Matt Ryan. DeMarcus Lawrence already has 10.5 sacks on the season, and that doesn’t even account for half of the sacks the Cowboys have as a team.
If Ryan is consistently under pressure, it’ll hinder Atlanta’s abilities to create big plays down the field. After a slow start to the season, the Dallas defense has looked much better in recent weeks, even holding the Chiefs to just 17 points last week.
Even on the road and without their star running back, I have more faith in the Cowboys right now. The Falcons are just 1-2 at home this season and don’t appear to have the answers to the questions that are plaguing them recently. I like the Cowboys in this matchup, especially as the underdog.
- Giants vs Redskins
- Vegas NFL Betting Preview & Game Free Pick: Chargers vs Cowboys
- Vikings vs Lions
- Super Bowl 52 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Week 12 NFL Betting Lines: Vegas Point Spreads & Game Totals
- Favorites Dominate NFL Thanksgiving Day Games
- Free NFL Game Preview & ATS Pick: Patriots vs Raiders
- Vegas Game Preview: Bengals vs Broncos Game Preview & Pick
- Vegas Betting Preview & Game Odds: Jags vs Browns Free ATS Pick
- Vegas NFL Game Preview: Eagles vs Cowboys
- Vegas Game Preview: Buccaneers vs Dolphins Game Preview & Pick
- Free NFL Game Preview & ATS Pick: Chiefs vs Giants
- Vegas NFL Game Preview: Bills vs Chargers
- Bears vs Lions
- Seahawks vs Falcons
- NFL Game Odds & Vegas Betting Preview: Cardinals vs Texans
- Vegas NFL Game Preview & Free ATS Pick: Redskins vs Saints
- NFL Game Odds & Free Betting Preview: Rams vs Vikings ATS Pick
- Vegas NFL Betting Preview & Game Odds: Ravens vs Packers Free Pick
- Free Week 11 NFL Teaser Pick – Best Available Odds & Predictions