The Oakland Raiders (6-7) will host the Dallas Cowboys (7-6) on Sunday Night Football. Kickoff is set for 8:30 EST at the Oakland Coliseum and will be televised nationally on NBC.
Oddsmakers currently have the Cowboys listed as a 3-point road favorite with the total set at 46 points. Check out our Week 15 NFL odds page for a full betting preview and for more links to our game previews.
Cowboys vs Raiders Vegas Betting Odds & Game Preview
Dallas comes into this one off an impressive 30-10 win on the road over division rival New York, easily covering as a 4-point favorite. It didn’t look great early for the Cowboys. The Giants took a 10-3 lead with a TD drive late in the 1st half. Dallas responded with a 50-yard TD strike to Dez Bryant on their next possession to tie at 10-10 at the half. It would stay at that score until the 4th quarter when the Cowboys found the end zone 3 times.
Oakland went on the road and lost 15-26 to the Chiefs as a 4-point dog. It really wasn’t that close, as the Raiders played about as poorly as they could given 1st place in the AFC West was on the line. Kansas City was in complete control from the start and had a 26-0 lead in the 4th before Oakland finally got something going.
Both teams are still alive for a playoff spot in their respective divisions. Oakland actually still has a chance at a division title, as they are just 1-game back of both KC and Los Angeles. They are also just 1-game back of Buffalo and Baltimore for the two Wild Card spots in the AFC. Despite a better record than the Raiders, Dallas needs a lot more help to make the postseason. The Cowboys only hope of making it are via a Wild Card. Right now the Panthers (9-4) and Falcons (8-5) hold those spots. You also have Seattle at 8-5 and the Lions and Packers both tied with Dallas at 7-6.
Free NFL Betting Predictions & Spread Pick: Raiders +3
I would have to lean towards taking the points with Oakland at home in this one. With that said, if you like the Raiders, it might be best to wait before placing your bet. Early indications are that the public is pounding the Cowboys and with this being the last game on the board Sunday, I would expect the line to maybe move up to 3.5 or 4, which would add even more value.
Click here for more free NFL picks from our experts on staff.
There’s no sugar-coating the Raiders lackluster performance last week in Kansas City. Not only did they not play well, they didn’t seem to have the fire you would expect given it was against one of their hated rivals and with the division on the line. Simply put, it was embarrassing showing by this team. Any time a team plays that poorly, we often see them come back with one of their best efforts and I expect just that against the Cowboys on Sunday Night Football.
As for Dallas, I think people are getting a little too excited with their recent performances. Two weeks ago they beat the Redskins 38-14, but Washington was decimated with injuries. They also scored 2 late touchdowns to make it look a lot worse than it was. Keep in mind that banged up Redskins team followed that up by losing 13-30 at the Chargers. They then escaped with a win over a decimated Giants team, who also had all the off field distractions with their coach getting fired in the week leading up to the game. Again, Dallas made that look like a bigger blowout than it was, as they were tied 10-10 with less than 8 minutes to play and won by 20.
I believe taking advantage of two teams who were missing several key players has a lot of people forgetting what this team looked like in the first 3 games without Ezekiel Elliott. For those that forgot, they lost 7-27 at Atlanta, 9-37 at home to the Eagles and 6-28 at home to the Chargers.
I think we are going to see Derek Carr and that Raiders offense put up some points, while the Oakland defense feeds off the energy of the home crowd with one of their better showings. Give me the Raiders +3.
- Week 1 NFL Betting Lines: Vegas Point Spreads & Game Totals
- Predicting the 2018 NFL Draft: Mock 1st Round Selections
- Super Bowl 53 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Amount Bet on the Super Bowl & How Much Vegas Won
- Super Bowl Prop Bet Results
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Pool Gambling Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 52
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Best Las Vegas Casinos/Sportsbooks to Bet & Watch the Super Bowl
- Super Bowl Sunday Party Ideas & Tips For Hosting the Big Game
- Complete History of the Super Bowl Curse & Host City
- Betting Super Bowl 52: Odds to Win the MVP Award
- History of the NFL Super Bowl Championship Rings
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History
- Super Bowl History – Look at the Worst Chokes of All-Time