Two NFC East rivals are set to collide on Thursday Night Football, as the Dallas Cowboys (5-6) will host the Washington Redskins (5-6) to get Week 13 started. Kickoff is set for 8:25 EST at AT&T Stadium and will be televised nationally on NBC.
Oddsmakers currently have Dallas listed as a slim 1.5-point home favorite with the total set at 44 points. Check out our Week 13 NFL odds page for a full betting schedule and more links to our game previews.
Redskins vs Cowboys Vegas Game Odds & Betting Preview
Dallas comes into this game off another ugly loss. This time it was a 6-28 home defeat to the Chargers on Thanksgiving Day, where the Cowboys went off as a 2.5-point underdog. Dallas was never really in the fight, as they trailed 16-0 before finally getting on the scoreboard in the 4th quarter.
Washignton enters off a 20-10 win and cover as a 7.5-point favorite at home over the Giants on Thanksgiving night. It was only the second win in the Redskins last six games, as they had gone just 1-4 over their previous 5. While Washington dominated the game statistically, it’s worth noting that it was tied 10-10 going into the 4th quarter.
This will be the first the second and final meeting between these two teams this year. Dallas won the first matchup 33-19 on the road as a 3-point favorite in Week 8. Washington actually led that game 13-7 early, but the Cowboys would go on a 19-0 run to take control. It could have been even worse for the Redskins, as Dallas kicked 4 field goals during their 12-0 run to open the 2nd half.
NFL Betting Predictions & Free ATS Pick: Redskins +1.5
Right now I would have to lean towards taking Washington as a short road underdog against the Cowboys. I just don’t trust this Dallas team right now. Not only is the offense missing their biggest weapon in running back Ezekiel Elliot, they have numerous players ailing along the offensive line. Left tackle Tyron Smith was able to return last week, but he’s still dealing with both groin and back problems. Right tackle La’el Collins figures to play, but also isn’t practicing because of back problems. Lastly, right guard Zack Martin is trying to work his way back after suffering a concussion last week against the Chargers.
Click here for more free NFL picks from our our top rated handicappers.
On top of all that, second year quarterback Dak Prescott is not playing well. He completed 20 of 27 attempts against LA, but only finished with 179 yards. He also threw 2 more interceptions, giving him 5 in the 3 games since Elliott’s suspension started. He’s also not thrown a single touchdown pass during this stretch.
It’s not just the offense that is struggling, the defense has allowed at least 27 points during the 3-game slide. A big part of that is they are having to be on the field a lot more. They have also been without All-Pro linebacker Sean Lee the last two games and it seems unlikely he will be fully healed from his hamstring injury in time to play this game.
During the Cowboys 3-game slide since Elliott’s suspension they have been outscored 92-22 and have failed to score at least 10 points in any game. It’s also worth pointing out that Dallas has been outgained by at least 100 yards in all 3 contests.
I believe the only reason they are favored here is because they are at home and the fact that they dominated these Redskins earlier this season 33-19 in Week 8. However, you can’t read too much into that previous meeting, as a big reason they won so easily is the play of Elliott, who carried it 33 times for 150 yards and had the Cowboys only 2 touchdowns.
I know Washington has a laundry list of injuries that they are dealing with, but this team has shown the ability to fight through them. More than anything, I trust Kirk Cousins and this Redskins offense to be able to score and I see no reason why the defense won’t be able to hold their own with how poorly Dallas’ offense is performing without Elliott. Give me the Redskins +1.5.
- Week 1 NFL Betting Lines: Vegas Point Spreads & Game Totals
- Predicting the 2018 NFL Draft: Mock 1st Round Selections
- Super Bowl 53 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Amount Bet on the Super Bowl & How Much Vegas Won
- Super Bowl Prop Bet Results
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Pool Gambling Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 52
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Best Las Vegas Casinos/Sportsbooks to Bet & Watch the Super Bowl
- Super Bowl Sunday Party Ideas & Tips For Hosting the Big Game
- Complete History of the Super Bowl Curse & Host City
- Betting Super Bowl 52: Odds to Win the MVP Award
- History of the NFL Super Bowl Championship Rings
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History
- Super Bowl History – Look at the Worst Chokes of All-Time