Week 10 of the NFL season will conclude with the Carolina Panthers hosting the Miami Dolphins. Kickoff is at 8:30 EST on Monday, November 13 at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte. The game will be broadcast nationally on ESPN.
The Panthers enter the game as 9-point favorites at home. The over/under is set at 39.5 points. Click here for a full list of the Week 10 betting odds and links to more game previews.
Dolphins vs Panthers Betting Preview & Vegas Game Odds
The Panthers have had plenty of highs and lows this season. But they are coming off back-to-back wins, both against division opponents, to bring them to 6-3 on the season. Thus far, the Panthers have leaned primarily on their defense to keep them in the playoff hunt.
Cam Newton has started to run the ball more in recent weeks, and he’s done so effectively. But he struggled as a passer this season coming off of shoulder surgery. Newton has more interceptions than touchdowns this season, nor has he been able to connect on many passes down the field.
The Dolphins have also seen their fair share of peaks and valleys. Not long ago, Miami won three games in a row. But they have dropped their last two, falling to 4-4 on the season.
Jay Cutler seems to have shaken off some of the rust as well as an injury, playing well in last week’s loss to the Raiders. But he’s been lacking consistency this season, as has Miami’s rushing attack, especially with Jay Ajayi being traded.
Free NFL Pick Against the Spread: Dolphins +9
I like the Panthers to win the game, but this is way too many points for Carolina to cover. In their six wins this year, four have come by less than a touchdown. The two times that Carolina won comfortably they played against the 49ers and the Buccaneers. The Dolphins aren’t quite as bad as those two teams, so I’ll lean toward Miami and the points in this matchup.
Miami’s defense has fallen on some hard times the past few weeks. But they were one of the better defenses in the NFL during the first month of the season. With a strong front-7, the Dolphins matchup well with the Carolina offense. With Newton more effective as a runner than a passer in recent weeks, the Dolphins have a good chance to keep the Carolina offense under wraps.
Click on the link for more free NFL betting predictions from our experts on staff.
Despite giving up two touchdowns on the ground last week against the Raiders, the Dolphins kept Oakland under 100 yards rushing for the game. If they can do that against the Panthers, they’ll be in good shape. With Kelvin Benjamin being traded a couple weeks ago, I’m not sure Carolina has the receivers who can make plays down the field if they don’t have a steady ground game to keep the opposing defense honest.
On the other side, I also worry about how much success the Dolphins can have offensively. The Panthers are likely the best defensive team Cutler has faced this season. With a strong Carolina pass rush, Cutler could be susceptible to mistakes and turnovers, which could make it easier for the Panthers to win comfortably. However, even when he’s played terrible this year, Cutler has not thrown more than one interception in a single game.
Ultimately, I don’t believe enough in the Carolina offense to cover a 9-point spread. The Dolphins, despite some question marks offensively, are good enough defensively to keep this game close against a Carolina offense that’s not exactly dynamic these days. I’ll take my chances with the Dolphins and the points.
- Giants vs Redskins
- Vegas NFL Betting Preview & Game Free Pick: Chargers vs Cowboys
- Vikings vs Lions
- Super Bowl 52 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Week 12 NFL Betting Lines: Vegas Point Spreads & Game Totals
- Favorites Dominate NFL Thanksgiving Day Games
- Free NFL Game Preview & ATS Pick: Patriots vs Raiders
- Vegas Game Preview: Bengals vs Broncos Game Preview & Pick
- Vegas Betting Preview & Game Odds: Jags vs Browns Free ATS Pick
- Vegas NFL Game Preview: Eagles vs Cowboys
- Vegas Game Preview: Buccaneers vs Dolphins Game Preview & Pick
- Free NFL Game Preview & ATS Pick: Chiefs vs Giants
- Vegas NFL Game Preview: Bills vs Chargers
- Bears vs Lions
- Seahawks vs Falcons
- NFL Game Odds & Vegas Betting Preview: Cardinals vs Texans
- Vegas NFL Game Preview & Free ATS Pick: Redskins vs Saints
- NFL Game Odds & Free Betting Preview: Rams vs Vikings ATS Pick
- Vegas NFL Betting Preview & Game Odds: Ravens vs Packers Free Pick
- Free Week 11 NFL Teaser Pick – Best Available Odds & Predictions