After meeting in Week 12, the Miami Dolphins and New England Patriots will see each other again to close out the Week 14 schedule. Kickoff is set for 8:30 EST on Monday, December 11 at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami. The game will be televised nationally on ESPN.
Oddsmakers view the Patriots as 11-point favorites on the road. The game has an over/under of 47 points. Click here for a full list of the Week 14 betting odds and links to more game previews.
Dolphins vs Patriots Game Betting Preview & Vegas Odds
With a win Monday night, or a Bills loss on Sunday, the Patriots can wrap up the AFC East division title for the 9th consecutive season and the 14th time in the last 15 years. A win Monday would also be New England’s 9th straight after the Patriots dismantled Buffalo last week.
However, at 10-2, the Patriots enter Week 14 tied with the Steelers for the best record in the AFC. A loss at this point in the season could cost New England home-field advantage throughout the playoffs. Of course, the Patriots also have a showdown with the Steelers scheduled for next week, so there’s a chance they’ll be looking past the Dolphins toward next week’s trip to Pittsburgh.
The Dolphins, meanwhile, are on the verge of being eliminated from playoff contention. Miami beat the Broncos last week to snap a five-game winning streak and improve to 5-7 on the season. The Dolphins need to win out to keep any hope of a playoff spot alive, and it won’t be easy with the Patriots coming to town.
When these two teams met two weeks ago, New England won convincingly, 35-17, covering a 16.5-point spread. In that game, the Patriots out-gained the Dolphins by nearly 200 yards while Tom Brady threw four touchdown passes.
Free NFL Pick Against the Spread: Patriots -11
After the Patriots beat the Dolphins by 18 points a couple weeks ago, I feel confident that they can cover an 11-point spread this week. Miami playing at home this time around shouldn’t change much. The Patriots have won their last two road games by at least 20 points. After all, they dominated a Bills team last week that’s much better than Miami. I’d be shocked if New England doesn’t win this game by double digits and covers the spread.
To be fair, the Dolphins snapped their five-game losing streak last week, winning 35-9. But they did it against a team that has now lost eight in a row. I’m not going to take much out of that game other than the Dolphins taking advantage of playing a dreadful Broncos team.
Click on the link for more free NFL betting predictions from our experts on staff.
Even in a lopsided win, the Dolphins managed to turn the ball over three times last week. Jay Cutler threw two interceptions, including a pick-six. The Dolphins definitely can’t afford to turn the ball over three times against New England.
To be fair, Cutler didn’t play against the Patriots two weeks ago. If nothing else, he forces the Patriots to prepare for a different quarterback than they did in Week 12. But I’m not sure Cutler improves Miami’s chances of winning or keeping this game close. Matt Moore was sacked seven times in that game. I don’t see Cutler standing up well to that kind of pressure from New England’s defense.
The Dolphins also have a lot of questions to answer defensively after what New England’s offense did against them two weeks ago. The Patriots rushed for nearly 200 yards, gaining over five yards per carry. Miami will catch a slight break with Rob Gronkowski suspended for this week’s game. But that won’t matter if the Dolphins can’t do a better job of stopping the run.
I’m not convinced this game will be any different from the Week 12 meeting between these two teams. The spread is lower, which only makes me more confident that the Patriots will be able to cover.
- Amount Bet on the Super Bowl & How Much Vegas Won
- Super Bowl 53 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Super Bowl Prop Bet Results
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Pool Gambling Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 52
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Best Las Vegas Casinos/Sportsbooks to Bet & Watch the Super Bowl
- Super Bowl Sunday Party Ideas & Tips For Hosting the Big Game
- Complete History of the Super Bowl Curse & Host City
- Betting Super Bowl 52: Odds to Win the MVP Award
- History of the NFL Super Bowl Championship Rings
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History
- Super Bowl History – Look at the Worst Chokes of All-Time
- Super Bowl Betting Tips & Handicapping Guideline
- Super Bowl Winning & Losing NFL Head Coaches with Most Appearances