The highlight of the Week 14 NFL schedule is a possible playoff preview between the Philadelphia Eagles and Los Angeles Rams. Kickoff is set for 4:25 EST on Sunday, December 10 at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. Fans in most markets will be able to watch the game on Fox.
Oddsmakers view the Rams as 2-point favorites at home with an over/under of 43 points. Click on the link for more free NFL betting predictions from our experts on staff.
Eagles vs Rams Game Betting Preview & Vegas Odds
The Eagles enter this game coming off their second loss of the season. Of course, even after last week’s loss to the Seahawks, Philadelphia is 10-2 on the season. With one more win, the Eagles can lock up the NFC East division title.
However, with the Vikings matching them at 10-2 and both the Rams and Saints sitting at 9-3, the Eagles know they have to get back on track if they want to secure home-field advantage throughout the playoffs.
The Rams, meanwhile, have won back-to-back games since their most recent loss to the Vikings three weeks ago. Los Angeles knows this is a game they have to win in order to get home-field advantage in the playoffs or at least a first-round bye.
Of course, the Rams also hold a slim one-game lead over the Seahawks, a team they lost to earlier this year. They know that a loss at this point in the season could cost them the division and force them to settle for a wild-card spot.
Free Pro Football Pick Against the Spread: Rams -2
This game is essentially a PK, as it should be with two of the best teams in the NFL pitted against one another. These two teams are so evenly matched that I have to lean toward the home team. The Rams also have the better kicker in Greg Zuerlein, who could be the difference in a close game.
The Eagles and Rams are more or less a carbon copy of one another. Both are led by young quarterbacks who have played exceptionally well this season. Not only have both Jared Goff and Carson Wentz had great seasons, but they also have plenty of help around them. That’s why I think this game will come down to what team can perform better on defense and special teams. For me, that gives a slight edge to the Rams.
Click on the link for more free NFL betting predictions from our experts on staff.
While Philadelphia has slightly better defensive numbers, I’m a little more impressed by the personnel on the Los Angeles defense, especially their pass rushers. Wentz was sacked three times last week and six times when the Eagles lost to the Chiefs earlier this year. That’s potentially a bad sign for Philadelphia with the Eagles having the third most sacks in the league.
The Rams have also seen their defensive stats skewed by a couple of shootouts early in the season. Over the last eight weeks, only two teams have managed to score 20 or more points against Los Angeles. Those teams are the Vikings and Saints, the other NFC division leaders. The Rams have improved on that side of the ball over the course of the season and managed to hold good teams to a reasonable point total.
Meanwhile, Philadelphia has allowed the Giants, Panthers, Redskins, Seahawks, Chargers, and Broncos to all score more than 20 or more points against them. They’ve been able to dominate bad teams. But plenty of average offensive teams have been able to move the ball against them. That makes me think the Rams won’t miss a beat after averaging nearly 30 points in their last seven games.
Ultimately, I think the Rams are a little better than the Eagles defensively. They’re also the home team and have a better placekicker. Without much to separate these teams, that’s enough for me to lean toward the Rams.
- Amount Bet on the Super Bowl & How Much Vegas Won
- Super Bowl 53 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Super Bowl Prop Bet Results
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Pool Gambling Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 52
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Best Las Vegas Casinos/Sportsbooks to Bet & Watch the Super Bowl
- Super Bowl Sunday Party Ideas & Tips For Hosting the Big Game
- Complete History of the Super Bowl Curse & Host City
- Betting Super Bowl 52: Odds to Win the MVP Award
- History of the NFL Super Bowl Championship Rings
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History
- Super Bowl History – Look at the Worst Chokes of All-Time
- Super Bowl Betting Tips & Handicapping Guideline
- Super Bowl Winning & Losing NFL Head Coaches with Most Appearances