It’ll be a battle of the birds on Sunday night when the Seattle Seahawks host the Philadelphia Eagles. Kickoff is at 8:30 EST on Sunday, December 3 at CenturyLink Field in Seattle. The game will be nationally televised on NBC.
Oddsmakers view the Eagles as 5-point favorites on the road. The over/under is set at 47 points. Click here to see a full list of the Week 13 betting odds and links to more game previews.
Eagles vs Seahawks Vegas Odds & Game Preview
The Seahawks enter this game on the outside of the playoff picture. Even after last week’s road win against the 49ers, Seattle is 7-4 and a game behind the Rams in the NFC West. The Seahawks are also tied with the Falcons for the second wild-card spot in the NFC but would lose the head-to-head tiebreaker with Atlanta. That means they have little room for error down the stretch.
The Eagles, meanwhile, are in a far more enviable position. At 10-1 on the season, just one more win is all Philadelphia needs to clinch the NFC East division. Of course, the Eagles will have their sights set on wrapping up home-field advantage throughout the playoffs. With Philadelphia currently on a 9-game winning streak, I don’t expect the Eagles to take their foot off the gas anytime soon.
Free Pro Football Pick Against the spread: Seahawks +5
As good as the Eagles have been this season, I can’t buy the Seahawks as underdogs at home. Seattle is still one of the toughest places to play in the NFL and the Seahawks still have one of the best defenses in the league. Even if the Eagles can keep their winning streak alive, it won’t be by a comfortable margin. I’ll lean toward the Seahawks and the points.
Surprisingly, the Seahawks are only 3-2 at home this year, with losses in their last two games at CenturyLink Field. That takes away some of the intimidation that visiting teams must feel. However, the Seahawks lost both of those games by three points each. They’re not going to lose at home by a wide margin.
Click on the link for more free NFL betting predictions from our experts on staff.
Seattle’s defense won’t face a bigger test this season than the Eagles. Philadelphia has scored at least 30 points in six of their last seven games. However, the same can be said of the Eagles visiting Seattle.
Philadelphia has only one win this season against a team that currently has a winning record. That win was a 5-point road win against the Panthers. This game should be comparable to that one, so I don’t expect the Eagles to have an easy time beating a quality team on the road. In fact, the Seahawks are probably a more worthy adversary than the Panthers.
It’s important to account for Russell Wilson’s ability to match anything Carson Wentz does if this game turns into a shootout. Wilson is behind only Wentz and Tom Brady with 23 touchdown passes this season. He also managed to out-sling Deshaun Watson earlier this year, so he’s capable of carrying his team when he needs to.
More importantly, Wilson is easily the best 4th quarter quarterback in the NFL this year, throwing 14 touchdowns and just one interception in the final 15 minutes of games. Even if the Eagles are able to build a comfortable lead, the chances of Seattle making a comeback are quite good. Seattle’s four losses this year have come by an average of five points, so they are never out of a game.
If this were a straight pick, I’d be hesitant to choose one team over the other. But I’ll take the Seahawks at home with an extra five points against any day of the week and against any team. I will gladly lean toward Seattle and the points in this matchup.
- Week 1 NFL Betting Lines: Vegas Point Spreads & Game Totals
- Predicting the 2018 NFL Draft: Mock 1st Round Selections
- Super Bowl 53 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Amount Bet on the Super Bowl & How Much Vegas Won
- Super Bowl Prop Bet Results
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Pool Gambling Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 52
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Best Las Vegas Casinos/Sportsbooks to Bet & Watch the Super Bowl
- Super Bowl Sunday Party Ideas & Tips For Hosting the Big Game
- Complete History of the Super Bowl Curse & Host City
- Betting Super Bowl 52: Odds to Win the MVP Award
- History of the NFL Super Bowl Championship Rings
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History
- Super Bowl History – Look at the Worst Chokes of All-Time