The Miami Ohio RedHawks look to remain bowl eligible when they host the Eastern Michigan Eagles. Kickoff is set for 7:00 EST on Wednesday, November 15 at Yager Stadium in Oxford, Ohio. The game can be seen on the CBS Sports Network.
Oddsmakers currently list Miami Ohio as 3.5-point home favorites in this game. The over/under for the game is 49.5 points. Click here for a full list of Week 12 betting odds and links to game previews.
Eastern Michigan vs Miami Ohio Game Preview & Betting Odds
Eastern Michigan failed to remain bowl eligible last week after a hard-fought 42-30 loss to Central Michigan. The biggest problem for the Eagles was their inability to avoid turnovers, as they gave possession away five times while only recording one takeaway. Eastern Michigan currently ranks in the top 30% of teams nationwide through the air, recording an average of 269.5 yards per game. However, they have struggled immensely on the ground, averaging just 110.4 rushing yards per game (121st). Overall, the Eagles are averaging 25.4 points per game (90th). Defensively, Eastern Michigan has looked quite strong all season long. They are giving up an average of just 22.5 points per game to opponents (34th).
The RedHawks have now won two out of their last three games to improve to 4-6 on the season. If they want to remain bowl eligible, they will need to win their final two games of the year. Miami (OH) most recently beat Akron by a score of 24-14 on the shoulders of a strong three touchdown performance by QB Gus Ragland. RB Kenny Young also chipped in with 100 yards on the ground. The RedHawks are currently averaging 24.3 points per game as a unit, which is 98th overall. On the other side of the ball, they are allowing 25.5 points per game to opponents (58th overall).
Free College Football Against the Spread Pick: Miami (OH) -3.5
Statistically, these two teams look pretty close on both sides of the ball. However, Eastern Michigan is really struggling lately and is coming off a loss in which they turned the ball over five times. They also just lost any chance of playing in a bowl game last weekend and that will surely be emotionally difficult to rebound from. Miami (OH) still has everything to play for and has looked fairly good lately. I like the RedHawks to win this one at home while also managing to cover the spread. The current line is still more than reasonable – I fully expect it to continue to increase after already shifting by 3+ points in the direction of Miami Ohio.
Click on the link for more free NCAA football picks against the spread and total.
Eastern Michigan is just 1-5 on the road this year and have now lost five out of their last six games. They have also just won one game all season on the road, which was way back at the beginning of September against Rutgers. The RedHawks have won two out of their last three and are 6-2 over their past eight home games.
I think that the RedHawks should find a way to emerge victorious in this match-up. Gus Ragland showed no real signs of his lingering leg injury against Akron last week after returning from a three game absence. He and the rest of the Miami Ohio offense will look to pounce on an Eastern Michigan defense that just gave up 40+ points in their last outing.
- NCAA Football Future Predictions: Betting Favorites & Playoff Odds
- Vegas Betting Odds & Predictions: Georgia vs Georgia Tech
- Vegas Game Preview & Free ATS Pick: Washington State vs Washington
- NCAA Football Game Preview & Free Pick: Texas Tech vs Texas
- Vegas Game Odds & Betting Preview: Virginia Tech vs Virginia
- Vegas Game Preview: Iowa vs Nebraska Free Spread Pick
- Vegas NCAAF Betting Preview: South Florida vs Central Florida
- Free College Football Betting Preview & Game Pick: Baylor vs TCU
- Free NCAA Football Betting Pick : Ole Miss vs Mississippi State
- Vegas Betting Preview & Game Odds: Miami vs Pittsburgh Free Pick
- Week 13 – College Football Betting Free Picks, Game Odds & Schedule
- Vegas Game Preview & Free ATS Pick: Cincinnati vs East Carolina
- Free NCAA Football Betting Pick : Nevada vs San Diego State
- Louisville vs Syracuse
- Free NCAA Football Betting Pick: Air Force vs Boise State
- Vegas Betting Predictions: SMU vs Memphis Spread Pick & Preview
- Vegas Betting Preview: Boston College vs Connecticut
- Free NCAAF Pick Against the Spread: Georgia Tech vs Duke
- Vegas Spread Predictions: Oklahoma vs Kansas
- Vegas Game Preview & Free ATS Pick: Arizona State vs Oregon State