This Sunday the Atlanta Falcons (7-4) will host the Minnesota Vikings (9-2) in matchup of two of the NFC’s hottest teams. Kickoff is set for 1:00 EST at Mercedes-Benz Stadium and will be televised locally on FOX.
Oddsmakers currently have Atlanta listed as a 3-point home favorite with the total set at 47 points. Click here for a full Week 13 NFL betting schedule and for links to our individual game previews.
Vikings vs Falcons Vegas Game Odds & Betting Preview
Minnesota went on the road and knocked off the Lions 30-23 as a 2.5-point favorite on Thanksgiving Day. The Vikings at one point led 27-10 in the 3rd quarter, but couldn’t put Detroit away. The stats suggest it should have been a much wider margin of victory, as the Vikings outgained the Lions 408 to 289 and had a +2 turnover differentia. Either way the Vikings have now won 7 straight and have covered each of their last 6.
Atlanta enters off a comfortable 34-20 win at home over the Buccaneers as a 10-point favorite. The Falcons jumped out to a 20-6 lead in the 1st half and led by as many as 21 (27-6) in the 2nd half. Like Minnesota, Atlanta dominated the game, outgaining Tampa Bay 516 to 373.
These two teams didn’t face each other last season. They did play the year before in Atlanta, which the Vikings won 20-10 as a 2-point dog. Note that Minnesota went 11-5 and had their best record in the NFC that season, while the Falcons missed the playoffs at 8-8. Teddy Bridgewater started for the Vikings in that game and the MVP of that matchup was Adrian Peterson, who rushed for 158 yards and 2 scores on 29 attempts.
NFL Betting Free Pick & ATS Predictions: Falcons -3
This is simply too good of a price to pass up with Atlanta. After struggling to put it all together early on, the Falcons have started to look more and more like the team that steamrolled through the NFC playoffs a season ago. It feels like the turning point in their season was that ugly 7-23 loss at New England. Since that defeat, they have gone 4-1.
Click on the link for more free NFL Picks from our top rated handicappers.
The only game they lost was at Carolina by 3-points, a game they could have easily won. They had a 10-point lead early and won the yardage and turnover battle. In their last 3 games they have crushed the Cowboys 27-7 at home, went on the road and beat the Seahawks in prime time on Monday Night Football and completed dominated a division rival in the Bucs.
The best teams in the NFL rarely lose on their home field and that where I feel we get the value when you have two good teams playing each other. We saw this two weeks ago with the Vikings, when they hosted the Rams, who had won 4 straight. Minnesota was just a 2-point home favorite and won that game 24-7. Similar story last week with the Rams hosting the Saints. New Orleans had won 8 straight and were just a 3-point road dog, but it was LA that won 26-20.
While the Vikings win last week at Detroit might be considered a good road win, I just don’t think the Lions are that great of a team. The only other wins for Minnesota away from home are against the Redskins, Bears and Browns (London). Their only loss came at Pittsburgh by a final of 9-26 and keep in mind they were an 8-point dog on the road against the Steelers. I see this Falcons team a lot closer to Pittsburgh than Detroit and I wouldn’t be shocked if the Falcons ran away with this one. Give me Atlanta -3.
- Expert Betting Tips: How to Handicap AFC & NFC Championship Games
- Super Bowl 52 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- NFL Game Preview & Free Pick Against the Spread: Jags vs Pats
- Vegas Game Preview & Betting Pick: Vikings vs Eagles
- Vegas Game Preview & Free Betting Pick: Saints vs Vikings
- Vegas Betting Preview: Jaguars vs Steelers Game Odds & Free Pick
- Vegas Game Preview: Titans vs Patriots Preview & Pick
- Vegas Spread Preview: Falcons vs Eagles Game Line & Free Betting Pick
- Free Wild Card NFL Teaser Pick – Best Available Odds & Predictions
- Saints vs Panthers
- Vegas NFL Betting Preview & Free ATS Pick: Bills vs Jags
- Vegas Betting Preview: Falcons vs Rams Game Line & Free Pick
- Vegas Spread Predictions: Titans vs Chiefs Betting Odds & Game Pick
- Handicapping Repeat Divisional Matchups in the NFL Playoffs
- Cardinals vs Seahawks
- Vegas Betting Preview: Chargers vs Raiders Game Odds & Free Pick
- Giants vs Redskins
- Texans vs Colts
- NFL Game Preview & Betting Pick: Lions vs Packers
- Vegas NFL Game Preview: Eagles vs Cowboys