The Washington Huskies look to avoid a season-altering upset when they play host to the Fresno State Bulldogs. The game is set for 9:30 EST on Saturday, September 16 at Husky Stadium in Seattle, Washington. Fans can watch the game on the Pac 12 Network.
The Huskies are listed as 33-point favorites at home. That’s down slightly after Washington opened as 34.5-point favorites. The over/under for the game is 58 points. Click here for a full list of Week 3 betting odds and links to game previews.
Fresno State vs Washington Vegas Game Odds & Betting Predictions
After reaching the College Football Playoff last year, Washington believes it’s on the road back to the Final Four. The no. 6 ranked Huskies traveled east for their season opener but weren’t exactly convincing against lowly Rutgers, only winning 30-14 against the Big Ten doormats. Washington then made quick work of FCS opponent Montana, winning 63-7. The Huskies will look to do the same to Fresno State this week.
The Bulldogs also have a blowout of an FCS opponent on their resume, knocking out Incarnate Word 66-0 the first week of the season. However, Fresno challenged itself last week with a road trip to Alabama. The Bulldogs lost the game 41-10, although they did beat the spread. If nothing else, playing Alabama will have helped prepare Fresno State to play Washington. The Bulldogs won’t be intimidated to face another top-10 opponent on the road.
Free College Football Against the Spread Pick: Fresno State +33
It would be shocking to see Washington lose this game. But that doesn’t mean the Huskies will win by more than 33 points. Washington’s unimpressive showing against Rutgers a couple weeks ago makes me think the Huskies will struggle to beat a spread of nearly five touchdowns against Fresno State.
The issue with Washington’s offense is an inexperienced group of wide receivers. Junior quarterback Jake Browning boasts two years of experience as a starter. But during those two years, he’s had little experience playing along side Washington’s current crop of wide outs. That may not hinder Browning’s efficiency, but it could prevent the Huskies from creating the kind of big plays that lead to blowouts.
Washington’s strength is its running game, with backs Myles Gaskin and Lavon Coleman running behind a strong and experienced offensive line. That should help the Huskies maintain control of the game against Fresno State, but again, it’s not conducive to a blowout.
Click on the link for more free NCAA football picks against the spread and total.
On the other side of the ball, the Bulldogs may have a little more success moving the ball against Washington than they did against Alabama. Washington’s secondary is young, and the Huskies only had one sack against Rutgers in their season opener. This could give Fresno State quarterback Chason Virgil the opportunity to move the ball against Washington. Virgil’s numbers against Alabama weren’t outstanding, but he had a fine game considering the level of difficulty. Things should be a little easier for him this week.
Ultimately, there’s little reason to think that Fresno State has a chance to pull an upset over Washington on the road. But much like Alabama last week, Washington isn’t built for the kind of blowouts indicated by the spread. The Huskies will win the game, but Fresno State will be competitive enough to beat the spread.
- Vegas Game Preview: Northern Illinois vs Central Michigan
- Vegas Game Odds & NCAAF Free Pick: Notre Dame vs Stanford
- Vegas Free College Football Pick: Clemson vs South Carolina
- NCAA Football Betting Preview & Vegas Odds: Texas A&M vs LSU
- Vegas Betting Odds & Game Preview: Arizona vs Arizona State
- Vegas Betting Predictions: Alabama vs Auburn Game Line & Spread Pick
- Vegas Betting Preview & Game Odds: FSU vs Florida
- Vegas College Football Betting Preview & Game Odds: Navy vs Houston
- Vegas NCAAF Betting Preview & Game Odds: Missouri vs Arkansas
- NCAA Football Game Preview & Pick: Ohio State vs Michigan
- NCAA Football Future Predictions: Betting Favorites & Playoff Odds
- Vegas Betting Odds & Predictions: Georgia vs Georgia Tech
- Vegas Game Preview & Free ATS Pick: Washington State vs Washington
- NCAA Football Game Preview & Free Pick: Texas Tech vs Texas
- Vegas Game Odds & Betting Preview: Virginia Tech vs Virginia
- Vegas Game Preview: Iowa vs Nebraska Free Spread Pick
- Vegas NCAAF Betting Preview: South Florida vs Central Florida
- Free College Football Betting Preview & Game Pick: Baylor vs TCU
- Free NCAA Football Betting Pick : Ole Miss vs Mississippi State
- Vegas Betting Preview & Game Odds: Miami vs Pittsburgh Free Pick