The stakes aren’t as high, but there will be no love lost when the Florida State Seminoles clash with the Florida Gators this weekend. Kickoff is set for noon EST on Saturday, November 25 at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium in Gainesville, Florida. The game will be televised on ESPN.
Oddsmakers list the Seminoles as 5-point favorites on the road with an over/under of 44 points. Click here to see a full list of Week 13 betting odds and links to game previews.
FSU vs Florida Vegas Odds & Game Preview
Despite being 4-6, the Seminoles still have a chance to make a bowl game. A win over the Gators and a win in a rescheduled game against Louisiana-Monroe next week will do just that. This is obviously not the kind of season FSU had envisioned back in August. But the Seminoles appear motivated to salvage it with a win over their in-state rivals and a bowl bid.
The Gators, on the other hand, are 4-6 but won’t be going to a bowl game. Of course, it may be better for Florida’s season ends as soon as possible. Head coach Jim McElwain has already been fired, so the Gators can expect a new coach to be hired within the next month or so. Also, Florida lost five games in a row before beating UAB last week, so unlike the Seminoles, they’re not making a late-season push.
History may not mean much for this year’s game, but for what it’s worth, the Seminoles have won this meeting in six of the last seven years. FSU is currently on a four-game winning streak against the Gators, who haven’t topped Florida State since 2012.
Free College Football Betting Selection: Florida State -5
Both teams were able to steamroll inferior opponents last week, so I expect both to be excited to play this week’s rivalry game. However, I’ve seen a lot more growth over the course of the season from the Seminoles than from the Gators. Right now, FSU is the better team, so I’ll lean toward them to win by at least a touchdown.
Both teams will be starting a freshman quarterback, but FSU’s James Blackman is better right now than Florida’s Feleipe Franks. Blackman has had no shortage of ups and downs this season. But the Seminoles have stuck with him and he should be ready to close out the season strong. Franks, meanwhile, has struggled to hold onto the starting job and is only the starter now because of injuries to other quarterbacks.
Click on the link for more free NCAA football picks against the spread and total.
Florida State also has a better supporting cast for their young quarterback. Florida has no receiver with more than two receiving touchdowns this season. Also, interim head coach Randy Shannon called out his receivers after last week’s win against UAB because of dropped passes.
FSU’s receivers, on the other hand, have shown a little more playmaking ability this season. The Seminoles also appear to have the next great Florida State running back in Cam Akers. He’s a player to watch against Florida, as he could help take some of the pressure off Blackman.
I’m not expecting the kind of elite-level game that we’re accustomed to seeing from these two teams. But I do think Florida State is in a better position to close out their season on a high note. The Seminoles still have something to play for this season, and that’ll help lift them to victory over the Gators, who will just be glad to see the season end.
- Betting College Football Bowls: Power 5 vs Mid-Major Conferences
- College Bowl Betting Tips: Rest or Rust for Long Layoffs?
- Oklahoma State vs Colorado Alamo Bowl
- Vegas Betting Predictions: Camping World Bowl Free Spread Preview
- Texas A&M vs Kansas State Texas Bowl
- Utah vs Indiana Foster Farms Bowl
- Pittsburgh vs Northwestern Pinstripe Bowl
- NC State vs Vanderbilt Independence Bowl
- Boise State vs Baylor Cactus Bowl
- Boston College vs Maryland Quick Lane Bowl
- North Texas vs Army Heart of Dallas Bowl
- Vegas Odds & Game Preview: Hawaii Bowl Betting Odds & Predictions
- Ohio vs Troy Dollar General Bowl
- South Florida vs South Carolina Birmingham Bowl
- Idaho vs Colorado State Famous Idaho Potato Bowl
- Old Dominion vs Eastern Michigan Bahamas Bowl
- Vegas Game Preview : Army vs Navy Betting Odds & Free Pick
- Vegas Betting Preview: Gasparilla Bowl Game Spread & Free Betting Pick
- Vegas Betting Line: Frisco Bowl Game Spread & Free Betting Pick
- Western Kentucky vs Memphis Boca Raton Bowl