This week’s college football schedule includes the annual rivalry game between the Florida Gators and Georgia Bulldogs. Kickoff is set for 3:30 EST on Saturday, October 28 at EverBank Field in Jacksonville, Florida. The game will be nationally televised on CBS.
The Bulldogs enter the game as 14.5-point favorites. The over/under for the game is 45 points. Click here for a full list of Week 9 betting odds and links to game previews.
Florida vs Georgia Vegas Betting Odds
Georgia enters this game undefeated and ranked no. 3 in the country. The Bulldogs have been led all season by a powerful rushing attack and a suffocating defense, putting Georgia in the driver’s seat in the SEC East.
Offensively, Georgia was as good as they’ve been all season last week, accumulating nearly 700 yards of offense against Missouri. Freshman quarterback Jake Fromm had his first true breakout, throwing for over 300 yards. However, he remains largely untested in close games outside of Georgia’s win over Notre Dame earlier this year.
Florida, on the other hand, is coming off back-to-back losses to LSU and Texas A&M. If the Gators expect to get back to the SEC title game this year, they’ll need to win out and get some help.
The Gators have had trouble settling things at the quarterback position this year, which has held them back. Right now, Florida appears to be sticking with freshman Feleipe Franks. However, he has just one touchdown pass in his last three games. If head coach Jim McElwain wants to throw a curveball, he has Notre Dame-transfer Malik Zaire on the bench. But it doesn’t appear that McElwain wants to make that change.
Not surprisingly, the Gators owned this rivalry throughout the 90’s and the first decade of the 2000’s. Florida is also rising a three-game winning streak, winning by an average of nearly 20 points in each of the last three seasons.
Free Pick & Point Spread Predictions: Florida +14.5
This line is way too high for a rivalry game like this. For the record, I’m high on Georgia and think they’re worthy of being in the College Football Playoff. But I don’t see the Bulldogs just steamrolling the Gators and winning by more than two touchdowns. I’ll take Florida and the points without hesitation.
Obviously, the Gators are going through a slump. Also, they’ve been fortunate to win some of the games they’ve won, specifically, games against Tennessee and Kentucky. However, Florida’s last two losses have come by a combined three points. If not for a missed PAT, they likely would have gone to overtime against LSU. They also suffered a close loss to Texas A&M a couple weeks ago despite out-gaining the Aggies by more than 100 yards.
Click on the link for more free NCAA football picks against the spread and total.
Despite the frustrating inconsistency of the Florida offense, the defense has typically been reliable this year. The Gators will be ready for Georgia’s rushing attack and they have the athletes to slow it down, especially after limiting Texas A&M to 83 yards on 38 carries the last time out. The Florida defense will do everything they can to force the ball into Fromm’s hands and make the freshman quarterback beat them.
Of course, there are concerns about how the Gators will score points against a tough Georgia defense. But freshman running back Malik Davis has come a long way over the past month. Also, running back Lamical Perine has found the end zone six times in the last three games. The Florida defense is also a threat to score, especially if they can take Fromm out of his comfort zone.
Ultimately, I expect a low-scoring, defensive slugfest between these two teams. If either team gets going offensively, it’ll likely be on the ground. That makes a lopsided score more unlikely to happen. In a rivalry game, the Florida defense will definitely come to play. It may not be enough to upset the Bulldogs, but the Gators should be able to stay within two touchdowns and beat the spread.
- Free College Football Betting Preview & Game Pick: Baylor vs TCU
- Free NCAA Football Betting Pick : Ole Miss vs Mississippi State
- Vegas Betting Preview & Game Odds: Miami vs Pittsburgh Free Pick
- Week 13 – College Football Betting Free Picks, Game Odds & Schedule
- Vegas Game Preview & Free ATS Pick: Cincinnati vs East Carolina
- Free NCAA Football Betting Pick : Nevada vs San Diego State
- Louisville vs Syracuse
- Free NCAA Football Betting Pick: Air Force vs Boise State
- Vegas Betting Predictions: SMU vs Memphis Spread Pick & Preview
- Vegas Betting Preview: Boston College vs Connecticut
- Free NCAAF Pick Against the Spread: Georgia Tech vs Duke
- Vegas Spread Predictions: Oklahoma vs Kansas
- Vegas Game Preview & Free ATS Pick: Arizona State vs Oregon State
- College Football Betting Preview: Rutgers vs Indiana
- Vegas Betting Preview: Iowa State vs Baylor Game Line & Spread Predictions
- College Football Free Pick Against the Spread: Utah vs Washington
- Vegas Betting Odds Preview: Missouri vs Vanderbilt
- Vegas Spread Predictions: UCLA vs USC Game Odds & Free Pick
- College Football Free Pick & Vegas Odds: NC State vs Wake Forest
- Free Vegas Game Preview: LSU vs Tennessee