The San Francisco 49ers are hopeful they can finally earn their first win of the season this week when they host the New York Giants. Kickoff is at 4:25 EST on Sunday, November 12 at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, California. The game can be seen on Fox in local markets.
The 49ers opened as a 1-point favorite at home. However, that line has flipped and the Giants are now a 1-point favorite. The over/under for the game is 42.5 points. Click here for a full list of the Week 10 betting odds and links to more game previews.
Giants vs 49ers Vegas Game Preview & Betting Odds
At 0-9, the 49ers remain winless on the season. They also don’t appear to be getting any closer to getting a win. A home game against the Cardinals last week seemed like a great opportunity to get a win. But the 49ers were outplayed and lost 20-10.
The trade for Jimmy Garoppolo brought some optimism, but Kyle Shannahan isn’t yet ready to put him in the starting lineup. Garoppolo will be the backup this week with C.J. Beathard counting to be San Francisco’s starting quarterback.
The Giants, for what it’s worth, have a win on the season. However, they also appear to be moving in the wrong direction. Since their win, the Giants have been held under 200 total yards against the Seahawks and embarrassed by the Rams 51-17.
On top of the problems that come with being 1-7, the Giants are also physically hurting. A few key players will come back from injury this week. But the Giants are also starting to run low on healthy linebackers, which won’t help a defense that’s already toward the bottom of the league in points allowed.
Free Pro Football Pick Against the Spread: Giants -1
In a game like this between two bad teams, I’m going to lean toward the team that has actually proven it can win a game. In this case, that’s the Giants. Not only have the Giants actually won a game this year, but they also have the better quarterback, and that means something. Even 3,000 miles from home, I’ll take my chances with the Giants.
Click on the link for more free NFL betting predictions from our experts on staff.
If you look at each team’s schedule, New York’s lack of success is a little more understandable. The 49ers have had opportunities to get wins over the Colts and the Cardinals twice but failed to do so. The Giants have had fewer opportunities to take down bad teams, so I trust them a little more to take advantage of this chance to get a win.
I also think the 49ers have been worse since Beathard took over for Brian Hoyer. If Garoppolo were starting, I might see this game differently. But I don’t think Beathard gives the 49ers the best chance to win. His completion percentage has been under 50% the past two weeks and he doesn’t have a strong collection of playmakers around him.
Of course, Eli Manning doesn’t exactly have a lot of help around him either. But he’s proven in the past that he can help elevate the play of those around him.
Also keep in mind that Manning has faced three of the better defenses in the NFL in recent weeks in games against the Broncos, Seahawks, and Rams. After going up against those teams with a suspect offensive line and inexperienced group of receivers, playing the 49ers is going to feel much easier.
I’m not expecting this to be an attractive or well-played game, but one of these teams has to win, right? Even as the road team, I think the Giants are better set up to actually win a game.
- Amount Bet on the Super Bowl & How Much Vegas Won
- Super Bowl 53 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Super Bowl Prop Bet Results
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Pool Gambling Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 52
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Best Las Vegas Casinos/Sportsbooks to Bet & Watch the Super Bowl
- Super Bowl Sunday Party Ideas & Tips For Hosting the Big Game
- Complete History of the Super Bowl Curse & Host City
- Betting Super Bowl 52: Odds to Win the MVP Award
- History of the NFL Super Bowl Championship Rings
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History
- Super Bowl History – Look at the Worst Chokes of All-Time
- Super Bowl Betting Tips & Handicapping Guideline
- Super Bowl Winning & Losing NFL Head Coaches with Most Appearances