A pair of former NFC East rivals will get reacquainted when the New York Giants visit the Arizona Cardinals. Game time is set for 4:25 EST on Sunday, December 24 at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Arizona. The game can be seen on Fox in local markets.
Oddsmakers view the Cardinals as 4-point home favorites with an over/under of 40 points. Click here for a full list of the Week 16 betting odds and links to more game previews.
Giants vs Cardinals Vegas Preview & Game Predictions
Even with all the drama involving Ben McAdoo behind them, the Giants haven’t had much success on the field. To be fair, they pushed the Eagles to their limit last week despite coming up a little short. New York has now lost seven of their last eight games, making them just 2-12 on the season. Changes are afoot this offseason, so you have to wonder how many players will have checked out mentally by the time the team flies out to Arizona.
The Cardinals have been a little better recently, sitting at 6-8 on the season. Over the past month, Arizona has wins over Jacksonville and Tennessee, two teams that are likely to go to the playoffs. However, the Cardinals also looked dreadful last week in a loss to the Redskins. Blaine Gabbert looked like the quarterback he was early in his career, prompting the Cardinals to go back to Drew Stanton this week even though Stanton isn’t fully recovered from his knee injury.
Free NFL Betting Prediction: Giants +4
It’s tough to get a good read on either of these teams at this point in the season. Neither has anything to play for and so there’s no way of knowing if either team will put their best foot forward this week. But with the issues the Cardinals are facing at quarterback right now, I’m going to take my chances with the underdog Giants in this game.
There’s something about the Cardinals benching Gabbert for Stanton that doesn’t feel right. The Cardinals have admitted that Stanton isn’t fully healthy. Yet, even with nothing on the line, they’re going to start him over Gabbert. Stanton is typically a reliable backup. But he’s completed less than 50% of his passes in the little action he’s seen this year. He also hasn’t played in over a month and isn’t fully healthy, which is a concern that keeps me from leaning toward Arizona.
Click on the link for more free NFL betting predictions from our experts on staff.
I think the Cardinals are being a little too quick to pull the plug on Gabbert. He was decent in the four games before last week’s disaster against Washington. After all, he did help the Cardinals beat the Titans and Jaguars. With Stanton not yet fully healthy, I don’t understand the rush to bench Gabbert. I feel uncomfortable backing the Cardinals given the circumstances.
On the flip side, Eli Manning had one of his best games of the season last week against the Eagles. To be fair, I’m not all that impressed by Philadelphia’s defense, so that has to be taken into account. However, the Arizona defense hasn’t been all that good this year despite giving up just 27 points over their last two games. More importantly, I don’t see Manning phoning it in. Even with nothing on the line, Manning will do everything he can to help the Giants win.
To be honest, I don’t know what to expect from this game. I don’t think that highly of either team. Even with Arizona’s six wins compared to New York’s two, I don’t see a huge gap between these two teams. I’ll take my chances on this being a field goal game, which means the Cardinals won’t be covering the 4-point spread.
- Week 1 NFL Betting Lines: Vegas Point Spreads & Game Totals
- Predicting the 2018 NFL Draft: Mock 1st Round Selections
- Super Bowl 53 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Amount Bet on the Super Bowl & How Much Vegas Won
- Super Bowl Prop Bet Results
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Pool Gambling Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 52
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Best Las Vegas Casinos/Sportsbooks to Bet & Watch the Super Bowl
- Super Bowl Sunday Party Ideas & Tips For Hosting the Big Game
- Complete History of the Super Bowl Curse & Host City
- Betting Super Bowl 52: Odds to Win the MVP Award
- History of the NFL Super Bowl Championship Rings
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History
- Super Bowl History – Look at the Worst Chokes of All-Time