The circus that is the New York Giants comes home this week to face the rival Dallas Cowboys in Week 14. Game time is 1:00 EST on Sunday, December 10 at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey. Fans in local markets can watch the game on Fox.
Oddsmakers view the Cowboys as 4.5-point favorites on the road. However, that line has come down after Dallas opened as 6-point favorites. The over/under is set at 44 points. Click here for a full list of the Week 14 betting odds and links to more game previews.
Giants vs Cowboys Vegas NFL Preview & Betting Lines
Dallas kept their slim playoff hopes alive with a 38-14 win over Washington last week. The win snapped a three-game losing streak, making the Cowboys 6-6 on the season. That record leaves the Cowboys two games out of a wild-card spot. To have a realistic chance to make the playoffs, the Cowboys will have to win out, so any loss will effectively end their season.
Of course, New York’s season was over a long time ago. To confirm that fact, the Giants fired head coach Ben McAdoo and GM Jerry Reese following last week’s loss to the Raiders. As they play out the season, the Giants will go back to Eli Manning as their starting quarterback after Geno Smith got the start against the Raiders last week.
Obviously, the Giants have nothing left to play for this season. But they would love to play a role in the downfall of the Cowboys. Knowing that one loss would knock Dallas out of the playoff picture, the Giants should be motivated to get a win.
Giants vs Cowboys Free Pro Football Predictions: Giants +4.5
There’s little reason to have faith in the Giants at this point in the season. But the players should feel some sense of relief now that McAdoo has been fired. With the Giants able to play loose, I’m going to take my chances with New York keeping this game close and possibly pulling off a surprise win.
It’s important to keep in mind that Dallas lost three straight games prior to last week’s win over Washington. That losing streak coincided with Ezekiel Elliott’s suspension finally taking effect. During those three losses, the Cowboys averaged just 7 points per game. Clearly, they are a different team without Elliott.
Click on the link for more free NFL betting predictions from our experts on staff.
Even in their win last week, the Cowboys weren’t all that impressive. Dan Prescott was just 11 for 22 for 102 yards. Since Elliott was suspended, Prescott has two touchdown passes and five interceptions. He also has just one rushing touchdown, so he’s struggled without Elliott behind him in the backfield. Prescott also bruised his hand in last week’s win, and that injury could further hinder his throwing abilities this week.
In last week’s win, the Redskins actually out-gained Dallas. The Cowboys won in large part because Washington turned the ball over four times. To be fair, the Giants can be turnover prone at times, which could give the Cowboys an edge. However, Manning has just three interceptions since the start of October, so he’s actually protected the ball quite well this year.
Moreover, New York’s defense is only giving up 18 points per game over the last three weeks. They also held the Cowboys to 19 points in Week 1, and that was with Elliott in the lineup. With the way Prescott and the Dallas offense have performed over the past month, the Giants have a chance to keep the Cowboys under wraps on that side of the ball.
Obviously, it’s tough to side with the Giants after the season they’ve had. But leaning toward the Cowboys isn’t much easier after the way they’ve played over the last month. With the McAdoo drama behind them and their rivals coming to town, I like the Giants to put their best foot forward, especially with Manning under center. If nothing else, the Giants can make this a field goal game and beat the spread.
- Amount Bet on the Super Bowl & How Much Vegas Won
- Super Bowl 53 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Super Bowl Prop Bet Results
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Pool Gambling Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 52
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Best Las Vegas Casinos/Sportsbooks to Bet & Watch the Super Bowl
- Super Bowl Sunday Party Ideas & Tips For Hosting the Big Game
- Complete History of the Super Bowl Curse & Host City
- Betting Super Bowl 52: Odds to Win the MVP Award
- History of the NFL Super Bowl Championship Rings
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History
- Super Bowl History – Look at the Worst Chokes of All-Time
- Super Bowl Betting Tips & Handicapping Guideline
- Super Bowl Winning & Losing NFL Head Coaches with Most Appearances