The Philadelphia Eagles will play their first game without Carson Wentz when they visit the New York Giants in Week 15. Kickoff is scheduled for 1:00 EST on Sunday, December 17 at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey. Fans in local markets can see the game on Fox.
The Eagles enter this game as 7.5-point favorites on the road. The over/under is set at 40 points. Click here to check out a full list of the Week 15 betting odds and links to more game previews.
Giants vs Eagles Vegas Betting Odds & Game Preview
The Eagles are fresh off a massive road win over the Rams last week. With the win, Philadelphia improved to 11-2 on the season and officially clinched the NFC East. However, the Eagles can’t afford to stop winning games if they went to earn home-field advantage throughout the NFC playoffs.
Of course, last week’s win came at a cost, with Wentz being ruled out for the rest of the season with an ACL injury. It’s now up to Nick Foles to step up and lead the Eagles to the Super Bowl. Obviously, Foles has plenty of experience, but it can’t be easy to take over a team with such high expectations this late in the season.
The Giants, of course, have the opposite problem. New York is just trying to make it to the end of this nightmare of a season. Even after firing Ben McAdoo and putting Eli Manning back in the starting lineup, nothing was all that different about the Giants last week, who lost to the Cowboys 30-10.
At 2-11, the Giants are short on motivation and short on evidence that they can compete with quality teams. They also have just one win over the Eagles in their last seven meetings. That being said, these two are bitter rivals, and so the Giants could still get some pleasure out of beating the Eagles and hurting their playoff seed.
NFL Betting Predictions & Free Pick Against the Spread: Eagles -7.5
Even with Foles at quarterback and more than a touchdown to cover on the road, I’m going to lean toward Philadelphia in this game. Regardless of the opponent, I have no faith in the Giants to play well and actually be competitive for 60 minutes. I see the Eagles winning this game going away.
Philadelphia’s success this season isn’t tied to the play of Wentz. Obviously, he’s had an exceptional sophomore campaign and losing him hurts the Eagles greatly in a competitive NFC. But the Eagles have plenty of reinforcements.
For starters, they are one of the top rushing teams in the NFL. Jay Ajayi is finally getting up to speed with the offense and should have a bigger role moving forward. Philly also has LeGarrette Blount to rely on if they need to.
Click on the link for more free NFL betting predictions from our experts on staff.
Playing the Giants is actually a good way to ease Foles back into the starting role. New York is toward the bottom of the league in points allowed and continues to be hurt by injuries on the defensive side of the ball. Also, keep in mind that the Eagles have a formidable trio of wide receivers that should create problems for a suspect Giants secondary regardless of who’s playing quarterback.
The Eagles also have one of the top defenses in the league. Obviously, the Eagles have had some problems on that side of the ball the last couple of weeks while playing quality teams on the road. But they should be in good shape when facing a New York offense that’s lacking in playmakers. I’d be surprised if the Giants are able to must much more than 10 points against the Philadelphia defense.
Outside of a road loss to Seattle a couple weeks ago, the Eagles have been rolling for over two months. I don’t see that changing even with Wentz hurt. Foles has been a decent quarterback in this league before, and with a strong supporting cast, I don’t expect much of a drop off in Philadelphia’s play. The Eagles will keep on rolling and beat the Giants comfortably.
- Week 1 NFL Betting Lines: Vegas Point Spreads & Game Totals
- Predicting the 2018 NFL Draft: Mock 1st Round Selections
- Super Bowl 53 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Amount Bet on the Super Bowl & How Much Vegas Won
- Super Bowl Prop Bet Results
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Pool Gambling Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 52
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Best Las Vegas Casinos/Sportsbooks to Bet & Watch the Super Bowl
- Super Bowl Sunday Party Ideas & Tips For Hosting the Big Game
- Complete History of the Super Bowl Curse & Host City
- Betting Super Bowl 52: Odds to Win the MVP Award
- History of the NFL Super Bowl Championship Rings
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History
- Super Bowl History – Look at the Worst Chokes of All-Time