The Minnesota Vikings will host the New York Giants on Monday Night Football. Kickoff is scheduled for 8:30 EST at U.S. Bank Stadium and will be televised on ESPN. Oddsmakers have the Vikings as a 5-point favorite and the total set at 43.5 points. Get more Week 5 NFL betting preview and game odds by clicking the link.
Giants vs Vikings Vegas Betting Preview
New York (2-1) suffered their first loss of the season in a 27-29 home defeat to the Redskins. The Giants had their chances to put Washington away, but turned it over twice in the 4th quarter.
Minnesota (3-0) remained undefeated with an impressive 22-10 win at Carolina on Sunday. Many gave the Vikings no chance to win and oddsmakers had them listed as a 7-point dog. Their defense was the difference. They held the Panthers to just 306 total yards and forced 3 more turnovers.
Free Pick & Point Spread Predictions: Giants +5
I expect the public to be on the Vikings in this one after losing going against them the last two weeks. Everyone was on Green Bay at Minnesota in Week 2 and the Vikings won 17-14. The public continued to fade them at Carolina. Especially after the news that Adrian Peterson was out. Again Minnesota proved them wrong with a 22-10 win on the road.
Click on the link for more free NFL picks from our experts on staff.
Unfortunately for the public, I think they are going to jump on the bandwagon at the wrong time. I think oddsmakers have inflated the line here on Minnesota, creating some good value on New York.
Keep in mind the public was on the Giants last week against the Redskins and they lost outright as a favorite. Not only do I think new York can cover the number, but I could easily see them winning this game.
Minnesota’s defense is going to keep them in just about every game, but the offense is limited. The Vikings biggest yardage output this season is 301 yards in Week 1 against the Titans. They only managed 284 against the Packers and a mere 211 last week versus the Panthers.
The Vikings rank 31st in total offense. They have the 28th ranked passing offense and are dead last in rushing. In 3 games the Vikings have totaled just 153 rushing yards.
New York’s struggled some last week, but the Redskins have a legit passing attack. The Giants held the Cowboys to just 19 in the opener and the Saints to 13 in Week 2. They are more than capable of limiting Minnesota’s offense to under 10 points.
There’s going to come a time when the Vikings defense doesn’t make the big plays to carry them to victory. Minnesota’s stop unit has forced 3 turnovers in each of their first 3 games. Without those turnovers, they could easily be 1-2 or even 0-3.
The Giants have turned the ball over 6 times in the last two games, but I don’t see that continuing. More than anything, I trust Eli Manning and Odell Beckham to deliver on the big stage.
Minnesota is just 9-21 ATS in their last 30 off a win as an underdog by 10 or more points. The Vikings also have a history of not performing well on Monday Night Football. They are o-7 ATS in their last 7 appearances on MNF.
- Vegas Odds Predictions: Cowboys vs Cardinals Game Line & Free Betting Pick
- NFL Free Game Preview & Betting Pick: Buccaneers vs Vikings
- Vegas Point Spread Preview & Game Prediction: Falcons vs Lions
- Vegas Point Spread Preview & Game Prediction: Raiders vs Redskins
- Texans vs Patriots
- NFL Free Game Preview & Betting Pick: Browns vs Colts
- Vegas NFL Game Preview & Betting Pick: Broncos vs Bills
- Jimmy Boyd’s Daily Free Pick Newsletter
- Vegas Betting Preview & Prediction: Steelers vs Bears
- Saints vs Panthers
- NFL Free Game Preview & Betting Odds: Bengals vs Packers
- Chiefs vs Chargers
- Vegas NFL Game Preview: Seahawks vs Titans Free Betting Pick
- Ravens vs Jaguars
- Giants vs Eagles
- Dolphins vs Jets
- Last Man Standing NFL Survivor or Suicide Pool Picks for Week 3
- Free Week 3 NFL Teaser Pick – Best Available Odds & Predictions
- Super Bowl 52 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Week 3 NFL Schedule, Betting Lines (Spread & Totals) & Game Previews