The Jacksonville Jaguars hope they can stay on top of the AFC South as they travel west to play the Arizona Cardinals in Week 12. Kickoff is set for 4:25 EST on Sunday, November 26 at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Arizona. Fans in local markets can watch the game on CBS.
The Jaguars are listed as 4.5-point favorites on the road. The game has an over/under of 38 points. Click here for a full list of the Week 12 betting odds and links to more game previews.
Jags vs Cardinals Vegas Game Preview & Betting Odds
Jacksonville hits the road on the heels of a four-game winning streak that has taken them to the top of the AFC South. Jacksonville hasn’t exactly made it a habit of winning in ways that are appealing or entertaining. But running the ball effectively and playing great defense has gotten them to 7-3 and it could be their ticket to the playoffs.
The Cardinals, on the other hand, are all but out of time to make a playoff push this season. With losses in three of their last four games, Arizona sits at 4-6 on the season. With injuries to Carson Palmer and now Drew Stanton, the Cardinals are now down to third-choice quarterback Blaine Gabbert. Considering the state of the NFC, Arizona has to win out in order to make any noise this year, so they’ll need Gabbert to step up and help them get on track.
Free NFL Betting Prediction: Jaguars -4.5
This is an easy game for me to lean toward the Jaguars. The Cardinals being at home is the only edge they appear to have in this game, and since they’re just 2-3 at home this year, that’s not much of an advantage. I see the Jaguars having a dominating performance on the road and easily covering the spread.
Remarkably, Jacksonville is 4-1 on the road this season. To be fair, three of those wins have come against the Browns, Colts, and the Texans before Deshaun Watson became the starter. However, the Jags also beat the Steelers 30-9 on the road, so their success away from home is no fluke. Jacksonville’s defense may actually be better on the road this year than at home.
Click on the link for more free NFL betting predictions from our experts on staff.
It’s hard not to see the Jacksonville defense having a strong performance this week against Gabbert, a former Jags quarterback. Gabbert threw for over 250 yards and three touchdowns last week. However, that was against a porous Houston defense. He also threw two picks in a game the Cardinals lost 31-21.
Things figure to be a lot more challenging for Gabbert this week against the league’s top defense. The Cardinals also have one of the worst rushing attacks in the NFL, so there may not be much support for Gabbert. If the Jags can force Gabbert into obvious passing situations, they have the kind of pass rush that can force sacks and create takeaways.
On the other side of the ball, the Jaguars should continue to rely on running back Leonard Fournette to take the pressure off Blake Bortles. Fournette looked healthy last week after missing time with an injury. He had 28 carries and rushed for over 100 yards.
Fournette figures to be a huge problem for an Arizona defense that’s giving up more than 25 points per game. As long as Fournette continues to be productive, Jacksonville’s formula of running the ball and playing good defense should continue.
Of Jacksonville’s seven wins this season, only one was decided by less than a touchdown. The Jags are typically in control of games when they reach the 4th quarter, allowing them to win comfortably. There’s no doubt they’re the better team in this matchup, so I expect that to continue. I’m confident they can cover a measly 4.5-point spread against the Cardinals.
- Expert Betting Tips: How to Handicap AFC & NFC Championship Games
- Super Bowl 52 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- NFL Game Preview & Free Pick Against the Spread: Jags vs Pats
- Vegas Game Preview & Betting Pick: Vikings vs Eagles
- Vegas Game Preview & Free Betting Pick: Saints vs Vikings
- Vegas Betting Preview: Jaguars vs Steelers Game Odds & Free Pick
- Vegas Game Preview: Titans vs Patriots Preview & Pick
- Vegas Spread Preview: Falcons vs Eagles Game Line & Free Betting Pick
- Free Wild Card NFL Teaser Pick – Best Available Odds & Predictions
- Saints vs Panthers
- Vegas NFL Betting Preview & Free ATS Pick: Bills vs Jags
- Vegas Betting Preview: Falcons vs Rams Game Line & Free Pick
- Vegas Spread Predictions: Titans vs Chiefs Betting Odds & Game Pick
- Handicapping Repeat Divisional Matchups in the NFL Playoffs
- Cardinals vs Seahawks
- Vegas Betting Preview: Chargers vs Raiders Game Odds & Free Pick
- Giants vs Redskins
- Texans vs Colts
- NFL Game Preview & Betting Pick: Lions vs Packers
- Vegas NFL Game Preview: Eagles vs Cowboys