The Jacksonville Jaguars hope to clinch a playoff when they host the Houston Texans in Week 15. Game time is set for 1:00 EST on Sunday, December 17 at EverBank Field in Jacksonville. The game will be available locally on CBS.
Oddsmakers view the Jaguars as 11.5-point favorites at home. The over/under is set at 39.5 points. Click here to see a full list of the Week 15 betting odds and links to more game previews.
Jags vs Texans Vegas NFL Game Preview & Betting Odds
After Jacksonville’s impressive win over Seattle last week, the Jags can clinch a playoff spot with a win this week. Also, with Tennessee’s loss to the Cardinals last week, the Jaguars are now in sole possession of first place in the AFC South.
With wins in six of their last seven games, the Jaguars are now 9-4 and have finally found the consistency they were lacking early in the season. After scoring 30 points against the Seattle defense, Blake Bortles and the Jaguars are becoming a team to fear in the AFC.
The Texans, meanwhile, continue the downward spiral that began when Deshaun Watson got hurt. Houston has now lost six of their last seven games, dropping them to 4-9 on the season. On top of that, Tom Savage suffered a concussion last week, which will likely lead to T.J. Yates starting at quarterback against Jacksonville.
These two teams met back in Week 1, with the Jaguars winning 29-7. Watson led Houston’s only scoring drive in that game, and with the Texans being down to their third-choice quarterback, they likely face an uphill battle to get a different result this time around.
Free NFL Betting Prediction: Jaguars -11.5
I hate swallowing this many points in an NFL game. But I’m all but ready to jump on the Jacksonville bandwagon. The Jags were up and down early in the year, but they’ve been far more consistent lately. With this being their final home game of the season, they’ll take care of business against an inferior opponent and win by at least two touchdowns.
When playing teams that currently have a losing record, the Jags are 5-2 this year. The two losses were both on the road and only by a field goal. Meanwhile, Jacksonville’s five wins against losing teams have come by an average of 19 points. The Jags have taken care of business at home against weak teams, and that’s the exact situation with the Texans this week.
Click on the link for more free NFL betting predictions from our experts on staff.
It’s undeniable how well Bortles has played the last two weeks. It’s one thing to have a strong performance against the Colts. But he was masterful against Seattle’s defense last week. Combine the way Bortles has played recently with Jacksonville’s powerful running game and a healthy Leonard Fournette and the Jags are a force to be reckoned with offensively.
The Houston defense is definitely not suited to stop an offense with that kind of balance. The Texans are 29th in points allowed and haven’t held a team under 20 points in their last seven games. After the Jags scored 30 points in back-to-back weeks, I’m expecting another strong performance from the Jacksonville offense this week.
Of course, you can’t forget about Jacksonville’s defense. The Jags have allowed the fewest points in the NFL this year. They continue to excel at pressuring quarterbacks and forcing turnovers. If they did it against Russell Wilson and the Seahawks last week, they should have no problem doing it against Yates and the Texans this week.
I’ve been burned by Jacksonville a couple times this year by expecting them to cover a big spread against a weak team. But I have faith that they’ll come through this week. The Jags have been great at home recently, and with the chance to clinch a playoff spot, I think they’ll be able to take care of business against an over-matched Texans team.
- Week 1 NFL Betting Lines: Vegas Point Spreads & Game Totals
- Predicting the 2018 NFL Draft: Mock 1st Round Selections
- Super Bowl 53 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Amount Bet on the Super Bowl & How Much Vegas Won
- Super Bowl Prop Bet Results
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Pool Gambling Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 52
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Best Las Vegas Casinos/Sportsbooks to Bet & Watch the Super Bowl
- Super Bowl Sunday Party Ideas & Tips For Hosting the Big Game
- Complete History of the Super Bowl Curse & Host City
- Betting Super Bowl 52: Odds to Win the MVP Award
- History of the NFL Super Bowl Championship Rings
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History
- Super Bowl History – Look at the Worst Chokes of All-Time