The Jacksonville Jaguars hope to clinch a playoff when they host the Houston Texans in Week 15. Game time is set for 1:00 EST on Sunday, December 17 at EverBank Field in Jacksonville. The game will be available locally on CBS.
Oddsmakers view the Jaguars as 11.5-point favorites at home. The over/under is set at 39.5 points. Click here to see a full list of the Week 15 betting odds and links to more game previews.
Jags vs Texans Vegas NFL Game Preview & Betting Odds
After Jacksonville’s impressive win over Seattle last week, the Jags can clinch a playoff spot with a win this week. Also, with Tennessee’s loss to the Cardinals last week, the Jaguars are now in sole possession of first place in the AFC South.
With wins in six of their last seven games, the Jaguars are now 9-4 and have finally found the consistency they were lacking early in the season. After scoring 30 points against the Seattle defense, Blake Bortles and the Jaguars are becoming a team to fear in the AFC.
The Texans, meanwhile, continue the downward spiral that began when Deshaun Watson got hurt. Houston has now lost six of their last seven games, dropping them to 4-9 on the season. On top of that, Tom Savage suffered a concussion last week, which will likely lead to T.J. Yates starting at quarterback against Jacksonville.
These two teams met back in Week 1, with the Jaguars winning 29-7. Watson led Houston’s only scoring drive in that game, and with the Texans being down to their third-choice quarterback, they likely face an uphill battle to get a different result this time around.
Free NFL Betting Prediction: Jaguars -11.5
I hate swallowing this many points in an NFL game. But I’m all but ready to jump on the Jacksonville bandwagon. The Jags were up and down early in the year, but they’ve been far more consistent lately. With this being their final home game of the season, they’ll take care of business against an inferior opponent and win by at least two touchdowns.
When playing teams that currently have a losing record, the Jags are 5-2 this year. The two losses were both on the road and only by a field goal. Meanwhile, Jacksonville’s five wins against losing teams have come by an average of 19 points. The Jags have taken care of business at home against weak teams, and that’s the exact situation with the Texans this week.
Click on the link for more free NFL betting predictions from our experts on staff.
It’s undeniable how well Bortles has played the last two weeks. It’s one thing to have a strong performance against the Colts. But he was masterful against Seattle’s defense last week. Combine the way Bortles has played recently with Jacksonville’s powerful running game and a healthy Leonard Fournette and the Jags are a force to be reckoned with offensively.
The Houston defense is definitely not suited to stop an offense with that kind of balance. The Texans are 29th in points allowed and haven’t held a team under 20 points in their last seven games. After the Jags scored 30 points in back-to-back weeks, I’m expecting another strong performance from the Jacksonville offense this week.
Of course, you can’t forget about Jacksonville’s defense. The Jags have allowed the fewest points in the NFL this year. They continue to excel at pressuring quarterbacks and forcing turnovers. If they did it against Russell Wilson and the Seahawks last week, they should have no problem doing it against Yates and the Texans this week.
I’ve been burned by Jacksonville a couple times this year by expecting them to cover a big spread against a weak team. But I have faith that they’ll come through this week. The Jags have been great at home recently, and with the chance to clinch a playoff spot, I think they’ll be able to take care of business against an over-matched Texans team.
- Expert Betting Tips: How to Handicap AFC & NFC Championship Games
- Super Bowl 52 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- NFL Game Preview & Free Pick Against the Spread: Jags vs Pats
- Vegas Game Preview & Betting Pick: Vikings vs Eagles
- Vegas Game Preview & Free Betting Pick: Saints vs Vikings
- Vegas Betting Preview: Jaguars vs Steelers Game Odds & Free Pick
- Vegas Game Preview: Titans vs Patriots Preview & Pick
- Vegas Spread Preview: Falcons vs Eagles Game Line & Free Betting Pick
- Free Wild Card NFL Teaser Pick – Best Available Odds & Predictions
- Saints vs Panthers
- Vegas NFL Betting Preview & Free ATS Pick: Bills vs Jags
- Vegas Betting Preview: Falcons vs Rams Game Line & Free Pick
- Vegas Spread Predictions: Titans vs Chiefs Betting Odds & Game Pick
- Handicapping Repeat Divisional Matchups in the NFL Playoffs
- Cardinals vs Seahawks
- Vegas Betting Preview: Chargers vs Raiders Game Odds & Free Pick
- Giants vs Redskins
- Texans vs Colts
- NFL Game Preview & Betting Pick: Lions vs Packers
- Vegas NFL Game Preview: Eagles vs Cowboys