The Georgia Bulldogs will be looking to bounce back from their first loss of the season when they host the Kentucky Wildcats. Kickoff is set for 3:30 EST on Saturday, November 18 at Sanford Stadium in Athens, Georgia. The game will be nationally televised on CBS.
Oddsmakers see the Bulldogs as 21.5-point favorites at home with an over/under of 50.5 points. Click here to check out a full list of Week 12 betting odds and links to game previews.
Kentucky vs Georgia Game Betting Preview & Vegas Odds
Georgia’s playoff hopes took a hit after last week’s loss to Auburn. There’s no shame in losing, especially on the road, but the Bulldogs were utterly dominated. Georgia’s rushing attack was stifled while the Bulldogs were shredded against both the run and pass on defense. By game’s end, Auburn had more than doubled them in total yards.
The good news is that Georgia is very much alive in the Playoff conversation. The Bulldogs have already locked up the SEC East. With wins in their final two regular-season games and the SEC Championship Game and the Bulldogs will almost certainly be in the top-4. However, there’s no more margin for error.
Kentucky is also having quite a season. At 7-3, the Wildcats have already matched last year’s win total with two games and a bowl left to play. The season is already a success for Kentucky, but adding a win over a top-10 team would be wonderful icing on the cake
Free NCAA Football Pick Against the Spread: Georgia -21.5
To be honest, I’m quite tempted to take Kentucky and the points in this game. Very quietly, they’ve had an impressive season and I think they’re the kind of team that can give Georgia problems. But the Bulldogs have blown out most of the middle-of-the-road SEC teams they’ve played this season. I think they’ll bounce back after a loss, so I’ll swallow the points and lean toward Georgia.
What worries me about Kentucky is how well they’ve run the ball lately. Running back Benny Snell Jr. has over 1,000 yards on the season, and nearly 500 of those yards have come in the last three weeks. He also has nine touchdowns in that span. If that continues, the Wildcats have a chance to keep up with Georgia offensively. If nothing else, they can at least shorten the game and keep Georgia from pulling away and covering the spread.
Click on the link for more free NCAA football picks against the spread and total.
However, part of Kentucky’s success could be explained by the Wildcats playing bad teams. The last time the Wildcats played a quality opponent, they were blown out by Mississippi State 45-7 with their only touchdown being scored by the defense. That game, which was played within the last month, tempers my expectations for Kentucky in this matchup.
Anything that Mississippi State did against Kentucky, Georgia can also do against Kentucky. Not only did the Kentucky offense struggle in that game, but the Kentucky defense had all kinds of trouble as well. I worry about the Wildcats repeating that kind of performance when they play Georgia because I’m not sure Kentucky’s talent level can match up with the Bulldogs.
Ultimately, I’m not going to overreact to Georgia’s loss. The Bulldogs know their season isn’t over. If anything, I expect them to come out more focused coming off a loss. Georgia is by far the more talented team, so I expect them to be able to cover 21.5 points at home.
- Vegas Free College Football Pick: Clemson vs South Carolina
- NCAA Football Betting Preview & Vegas Odds: Texas A&M vs LSU
- Vegas Betting Odds & Game Preview: Arizona vs Arizona State
- Vegas Betting Predictions: Alabama vs Auburn Game Line & Spread Pick
- Vegas Betting Preview & Game Odds: FSU vs Florida
- Vegas College Football Betting Preview & Game Odds: Navy vs Houston
- Vegas NCAAF Betting Preview & Game Odds: Missouri vs Arkansas
- NCAA Football Game Preview & Pick: Ohio State vs Michigan
- NCAA Football Future Predictions: Betting Favorites & Playoff Odds
- Vegas Betting Odds & Predictions: Georgia vs Georgia Tech
- Vegas Game Preview & Free ATS Pick: Washington State vs Washington
- NCAA Football Game Preview & Free Pick: Texas Tech vs Texas
- Vegas Game Odds & Betting Preview: Virginia Tech vs Virginia
- Vegas Game Preview: Iowa vs Nebraska Free Spread Pick
- Vegas NCAAF Betting Preview: South Florida vs Central Florida
- Free College Football Betting Preview & Game Pick: Baylor vs TCU
- Free NCAA Football Betting Pick : Ole Miss vs Mississippi State
- Vegas Betting Preview & Game Odds: Miami vs Pittsburgh Free Pick
- Week 13 – College Football Betting Free Picks, Game Odds & Schedule
- Vegas Game Preview & Free ATS Pick: Cincinnati vs East Carolina