The Georgia Bulldogs will be looking to bounce back from their first loss of the season when they host the Kentucky Wildcats. Kickoff is set for 3:30 EST on Saturday, November 18 at Sanford Stadium in Athens, Georgia. The game will be nationally televised on CBS.
Oddsmakers see the Bulldogs as 21.5-point favorites at home with an over/under of 50.5 points. Click here to check out a full list of Week 12 betting odds and links to game previews.
Kentucky vs Georgia Game Betting Preview & Vegas Odds
Georgia’s playoff hopes took a hit after last week’s loss to Auburn. There’s no shame in losing, especially on the road, but the Bulldogs were utterly dominated. Georgia’s rushing attack was stifled while the Bulldogs were shredded against both the run and pass on defense. By game’s end, Auburn had more than doubled them in total yards.
The good news is that Georgia is very much alive in the Playoff conversation. The Bulldogs have already locked up the SEC East. With wins in their final two regular-season games and the SEC Championship Game and the Bulldogs will almost certainly be in the top-4. However, there’s no more margin for error.
Kentucky is also having quite a season. At 7-3, the Wildcats have already matched last year’s win total with two games and a bowl left to play. The season is already a success for Kentucky, but adding a win over a top-10 team would be wonderful icing on the cake
Free NCAA Football Pick Against the Spread: Georgia -21.5
To be honest, I’m quite tempted to take Kentucky and the points in this game. Very quietly, they’ve had an impressive season and I think they’re the kind of team that can give Georgia problems. But the Bulldogs have blown out most of the middle-of-the-road SEC teams they’ve played this season. I think they’ll bounce back after a loss, so I’ll swallow the points and lean toward Georgia.
What worries me about Kentucky is how well they’ve run the ball lately. Running back Benny Snell Jr. has over 1,000 yards on the season, and nearly 500 of those yards have come in the last three weeks. He also has nine touchdowns in that span. If that continues, the Wildcats have a chance to keep up with Georgia offensively. If nothing else, they can at least shorten the game and keep Georgia from pulling away and covering the spread.
Click on the link for more free NCAA football picks against the spread and total.
However, part of Kentucky’s success could be explained by the Wildcats playing bad teams. The last time the Wildcats played a quality opponent, they were blown out by Mississippi State 45-7 with their only touchdown being scored by the defense. That game, which was played within the last month, tempers my expectations for Kentucky in this matchup.
Anything that Mississippi State did against Kentucky, Georgia can also do against Kentucky. Not only did the Kentucky offense struggle in that game, but the Kentucky defense had all kinds of trouble as well. I worry about the Wildcats repeating that kind of performance when they play Georgia because I’m not sure Kentucky’s talent level can match up with the Bulldogs.
Ultimately, I’m not going to overreact to Georgia’s loss. The Bulldogs know their season isn’t over. If anything, I expect them to come out more focused coming off a loss. Georgia is by far the more talented team, so I expect them to be able to cover 21.5 points at home.
- 2018 NCAAF Playoff Odds: Betting Favorites & Future Predictions
- Vegas Preview: Alabama vs Georgia National Championship Game Free Pick
- The Ultimate College Football Bowl Handicapping Guide
- Oklahoma vs Auburn Sugar Bowl
- USC vs Penn State Rose Bowl
- Louisville vs LSU Citrus Bowl
- Washington vs Alabama Peach Bowl
- Florida vs Iowa Outback Bowl
- Michigan vs Florida State Orange Bowl
- Ohio State vs Clemson Fiesta Bowl
- Wake Forest vs Temple Military Bowl
- Betting Bowl Games: Handicapping Regular Season ATS Records
- Bowl Game Betting System: Are Teams With More Wins a Good Bet?
- TCU vs Georgia Liberty Bowl
- Georgia Tech vs Kentucky TaxSlayer Bowl
- Western Michigan vs Wisconsin Cotton Bowl
- Betting Against Bowl Teams Coming Off Blowout Loss
- South Alabama vs Air Force Arizona Bowl
- Tennessee vs Nebraska Music City Bowl
- Stanford vs North Carolina Sun Bowl