The Seattle Seahawks will host the Detroit Lions in the nightcap on Wild Card Saturday. Kickoff is set for 8:15 EST at CenturyLink Field and will be televised on NBC. Oddsmakers have Seattle listed as a 8-point favorite with the total at 42.5 points.
Lions vs Seahawks Vegas Odds Preview
Detroit (9-7) had a chance to win their first NFC North title since 1993. They couldn’t get it done at home. The Lions jumped out to a 14-7 lead on Green Bay, but would end up losing 24-31. It was a tough end to the year, as Detroit lost their final 3 after an 8-1 stretch that had them sitting at 9-4.
Seattle (10-5-1) avoided a huge upset at San Francisco in their regular season finale. The Seahawks edged out a 25-23 win over a 49ers team that came in at 2-13. With the win, Seattle locked up the No. 3 seed in the NFC.
These two teams last played at Seattle in Week 4 of last season. That was a Monday Night game the Seahawks squeaked out a 13-10 win as a 10-point favorite.
Free Pick & Betting Predictions: Lions +8
Detroit went into Week 17 thinking they needed to win or their season was over. Thanks the Redskins losing as a big favorite at home against the Giants, the Lions get new life. I think that makes them a dangerous team here. Especially when it comes to covering what I feel is an inflated line.
Click on the link for more free NFL picks for Wild Card weekend.
Seattle gets a ton of respect from the books at home. It’s hard to argue with them, given how good they have been in this spot over previous seasons. However, this year’s team doesn’t have the same feel as others. The Seahawks were hit or miss down the stretch, going just 3-3 over their final 6. They had a chance to earn the No. 2 seed before a shocking 31-34 loss at home to the Cardinals as a 9-point favorite.
I know the Lions defense didn’t look great their last two games. Given up 42 to the Cowboys and 31 to the Packers. The thing is, Dallas is a tough matchup for any team with their weapons and Aaron Rodgers has been playing out of his mind. Prior to those two games, the Lions went 8 straight games allowing 20 or fewer points. With Seattle’s lack of a running game and shaky offensive line, this is a game the Lions defense can play well in.
In year’s past, it’s been the Seahawks defense that has put fear into opposing teams. While it’s still really good, it’s not the same without Earl Thomas. The numbers back this up. Since Week 12 the Lions are giving up 7.73 yards per pass attempt. That’s the 29th worst mark in the league. They are also allowing an opposing passer rating of 96.1 during this stretch. That ranks 25th out of the 32 teams.
Matthew Stafford is good enough and has the weapons to expose this Seahawks secondary. I know he’s playing with an injured finger, but I don’t think it’s a big deal anymore. He was 26 of 41 for 347 yards last week against the Packers.
You also have to look at how the Lions just seem to always find a way to keep a game close. Out of their 7 losses, 5 were by a touchdown or less an only 1 was by more than 10-points. At the same time, Seattle didn’t have a win over a team with a winning record by more than 7-points.
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History
- Super Bowl History – Look at the Worst Chokes of All-Time
- Amount Bet on the Super Bowl & How Much Vegas Won
- Super Bowl Betting Tips & Handicapping Guideline
- Super Bowl Winning & Losing NFL Head Coaches with Most Appearances
- Super Bowl 52 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Patriots vs Falcons
- Expert Betting Tips: How to Handicap AFC & NFC Championship Games
- NFL Game Preview & Free Pick Against the Spread: Jags vs Pats
- Vegas Game Preview & Betting Pick: Vikings vs Eagles
- Vegas Game Preview & Free Betting Pick: Saints vs Vikings
- Vegas Betting Preview: Jaguars vs Steelers Game Odds & Free Pick
- Vegas Game Preview: Titans vs Patriots Preview & Pick
- Vegas Spread Preview: Falcons vs Eagles Game Line & Free Betting Pick
- Free Wild Card NFL Teaser Pick – Best Available Odds & Predictions
- Saints vs Panthers
- Vegas NFL Betting Preview & Free ATS Pick: Bills vs Jags