This Thursday the Ohio Bobcats will play host to the Buffalo Bulls in MAC action. Kickoff is set for 6:00 EST at Peden Stadium and will be televised on the CBS Sports Network. Oddsmakers have Ohio listed as a 20-point favorite with the total at 48.5 points. Get more weekly previews and game odds by clicking the link.
Buffalo vs Ohio Vegas Odds Preview
The Bulls (2-6, 1-3 MAC) come in off a shocking 41-20 home win over Akron. Buffalo was a massive 19.5-point home dog. They outgained the Zips 518 to 306. This was just one week after losing 7-44 at Northern Illinois, getting outgained 338 to 511.
The Bobcats (6-3, 4-1 MAC) enter off an impressive 31-26 win at Toledo. Ohio also won outright as a massive dog, as they were catching 15-points.
The home team has won 6 straight in this series. The last 3 haven’t exactly been competitive. Buffalo won 30-3 at home in 2013. Ohio returned the favor with a 37-14 home win in 2014. Last year it was the Bulls’ turn, winning 41-17.
Free Betting Pick & Predictions: Buffalo +20
If I had to pick a side here, I would take the points with the Bulls. It’s not very often you have two teams off straight up wins as double-digit dogs facing off. I still think the books are more included to inflate this line in favor of Ohio. The Bobcats have the much better record at 6-3 overall and 4-1 inside the MAC. Buffalo on the other hand is 2-6 overall and just 1-3 in conference play.
Click on the link for more free college football picks from our top rated handicappers.
I just don’t trust Ohio laying this points. Ohio largest margin of victory is 16-points. That was at Kansas (37-21) and at home against Gardner Webb (37-21). We have also seen the Bobcats lose outright at home to Texas State (54-56). They beat Bowling Green by just 6 points and the Falcons are 1-7 (0-4 in MAC).
I also think there’s something to Buffalo coming in off such an impressive win. The Bulls are going to be playing with all kinds of confidence in this one. As for Ohio, this could be a tough spot for them to come out with their best effort. They have two huge games on deck at Central Michigan and a home game against Akron.
Another key here is that both of these teams figure to run the ball a lot. Ohio averages 43 rush attempts to just 33 pass attempts. A big reason why they don’t blow teams out. Buffalo just rushed for 378 yards last week against Akron and that’s really all they got. The Bulls are 108th in the country in passing at 178.9 ypg. With both teams focusing on the run, that’s going to limit possessions. Making it that much harder for Ohio to turn this into a blowout.
We also find a strong system in play favoring a pick on Buffalo. Road dogs who outgained their previous opponent by 225 or more yards are 147-82 (64%) against over the last 5 seasons.
- Vegas Game Preview & Free Betting Pick: West Virginia vs Kansas
- College Football Preview & Pick ATS: Rutgers vs Nebraska
- Kent State vs Louisville Vegas Betting Odds & Preview
- Vegas Free NCAAF Pick Against the Spread: San Diego State vs Air Force
- Free College Football Pick Against the Spread: Oklahoma vs Baylor
- Stanford vs UCLA
- Free NCAA Football Betting Preview & Free Pick: Texas Tech vs Houston
- Arkansas vs Texas A&M
- Vegas Spread Prediction & Betting Pick: Syracuse vs LSU
- California vs USC
- Washington vs Colorado
- Vegas Odds Preview: Toledo vs Miami Free Pick
- Free NCAAF Pick Against the Spread: UMass vs Tennessee
- Vegas Free NCAAF Pick Against the Betting Spread: Michigan vs Purdue
- College Football Preview & Free Pick ATS: Oregon vs Arizona State
- North Carolina vs Duke
- Vegas Betting Odds & Preview: Florida vs Kentucky
- Michigan State vs Notre Dame
- Free NCAAF Betting Prediction Against the Spread: Auburn vs Missouri
- Vegas Game Preview & Free Betting Pick: Central Florida vs Maryland