This Sunday NFC North division rivals will square off as the Chicago Bears (3-5) are set to host the Green Bay Packers (4-4). Kickoff is set for 1:00 EST at Soldier Field and will be televised locally on FOX.
Oddsmakers currently have Chicago listed as a either a 5.5 or 6 points favorite with the total set at 38 points. Click here for a full look at the Week 10 NFL betting odds, plus more links to our game previews.
Packers vs Bears Vegas Game Preview & Betting Odds
Green Bay comes into this game off an ugly 17-30 home loss to the Lions as a 2.5-point dog on Monday Night Football. It wasn’t even that close, as the Packers added a garbage touchdown on the final play of regulation and were down 20-3 with less than 10 minutes to play in the 4th quarter.
Chicago will be returning from their bye. Last time out the Bears were competitive, but fell 12-20 at New Orleans as a 7.5-point dog. It was a bit of an unfortunate non-cover for Chicago’s backers. Trailing 12-17 late in the 4th quarter the Bears turned it over on downs at their own 39, setting up a 4-play 7-yard drive for a Saints field goal and cover.
This will be the second and final meeting between these two teams this season. They first played back in Week 4 at Green Bay on Thursday Night Football, which the Packers won easily 35-14 as a 7-point home favorite. Overall, Green Bay has won 7 of the last 8 meetings with the only Bears winning coming 17-13 in Green Bay back in 2015.
NFL Betting Predictions & Free ATS Pick: Bears -5.5
I think a lot of people are going to have a hard time grasping the Bears being almost a touchdown favorite agains the Packers, even with Rodgers sidelined. More than anything, I don’t think the public trusts Chicago enough to take advantage of the opportunity.
I’m on the other side of this, as I don’t think the loss of Rodgers is being taken into account enough. It certainly wasn’t in Green Bay’s last two games when they lost at home to the Saints 17-26 as a 4-point dog and then to Detroit as a mere 2.5-point dog at home. Based on what we have seen from backup quarterback Brett Hundley, I would have to lay the points with Chicago in this one.
Click on the link for more free NFL picks from our top rated pro football experts.
The Packers simply aren’t as talented as people think, as Rodgers does a really good job of making them look better than they are. Especially on offense, where Green Bay’s offensive line has been stinking it up for years. The Packers have also had a horrible time running the ball, despite defenses having to pay so much respect to Rodgers and his arm. I just think it’s asking a lot of Hundley and this offense to score enough to keep this game competitive against the Bears.
Not a lot was expected of Chicago this season and at 3-5 most just think they are playing up to their potential. While the offense has a long way to go, the defense has been one of the best in the league. Chicago ranks 8th overall in total defense (312 ypg) and are in the top half of the league against both the run and the pass. They have been especially stingy at home, where they are given up just 15.7 ppg.
All of this and we haven’t even got into the huge scheduling advantage that the Bears have. With Chicago coming off a bye, they get 13 days to rest up and prepare for the Packers. On the flip side of this, Green Bay has just 5 days to get ready after playing on Monday Night Football.
I also don’t think there’s a ton of hope here for the Packers offense with Hundely. If they were going to figure things out, they would have done so during their bye week leading up to last week’s game against Detroit.
Another thing here is I think we could see the best game from Bears rookie Mitchell Trubisky, who has had to face some really good defenses in his first 4 starts (Vikings, Ravens, Panthers and Saints). Green Bay isn’t a great defensive team, as they are just 25th in the NFL, giving up 357 ypg and have been especially bad on the road, where they are giving up 29.3 ppg. Give me the Bears -5.5.
- Amount Bet on the Super Bowl & How Much Vegas Won
- Super Bowl 53 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Super Bowl Prop Bet Results
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Pool Gambling Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 52
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Best Las Vegas Casinos/Sportsbooks to Bet & Watch the Super Bowl
- Super Bowl Sunday Party Ideas & Tips For Hosting the Big Game
- Complete History of the Super Bowl Curse & Host City
- Betting Super Bowl 52: Odds to Win the MVP Award
- History of the NFL Super Bowl Championship Rings
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History
- Super Bowl History – Look at the Worst Chokes of All-Time
- Super Bowl Betting Tips & Handicapping Guideline
- Super Bowl Winning & Losing NFL Head Coaches with Most Appearances