This Sunday the Chicago Bears will host the Green Bay Packers in a NFC North clash. This Week 15 matchup is set for 1:00 EST at Soldier Field and will be televised locally on FOX. Oddsmakers have Green Bay as a 6.5-point road favorite with the total at 40.5 points.
Packers vs Bears Vegas Spread Preview
Green Bay (7-6) comes in off a dominant 38-10 home win over the Seahawks. The Packers have now won 3 in a row to keep their playoff hopes alive. Green Bay is 2-games back of the Lions in the NFC North, but just 1-game out of the final Wild Card spot.
Chicago (3-10) enters off a heartbreaking 17-20 loss at Detroit. The Bears took a 17-13 lead late in the 4th quarter on a interception returned for a TD. Detroit quickly answered on their next possession with the game-winning score. It was Chicago’s 3rd loss in their last 5 games by 6-points or less.
These two teams played back in Week 7 on Thursday Night Football. The Packers won that game 26-10, but it was much closer than the final score would indicate. The Bears actually led 10-6 early in the 2nd half, before Green Bay scored 20 unanswered for the victory.
Free Pick & Betting Predictions: Bears +6.5
The perception here is that Green Bay needs to win out to make the playoffs. That very well could be the case, but it doesn’t guarantee them a win against the Bears on Sunday. Chicago has quietly been playing really well since Matt Barkley took over at quarterback. They could have very easily won each of his 3 starts. I don’t know if Chicago can pull off the upset, but I think they can keep it within a touchdown.
Click here for more free football picks from our experts on staff.
In fact, Barkley’s numbers would be a lot better if not for his receivers inability to catch the ball. A big part of that was the talent Chicago was forced to play at the position. They get a big upgrade this week, as Alshon Jeffrey returns from a 4-game suspension. Jeffrey could be a matchup nightmare against a depleted Green Bay secondary.
Chicago’s also been running the ball a lot better of late, as rookie Jordan Howard has taken over the lead role. Howard is just 31 yards shy of the 1,000 yard mark. A pretty impressive feat, given he’s only had double-digit carries in 9 games. He averaging 5.0 ya0+ yrds. rds/carry and has 8 runs of 20+ yards. He’ll face a Packers defense that has allowed 259 rushing yards in their last 2 games combined.
I also think the Bears’ defense matches up well with Green Bay’s offense. While Chicago has struggled against the run, they have been excellent against the pass. The Bears rank 6th in the league, allowing just 219.5 ypg. With Green Bay’s non-existing running game and a less than 100% Aaron Rodgers, Chicago could give them fits.
I also think we are going to see an inspired effort here from the Bears. In fact, I think they treat this like it’s their Super Bowl. There’s an extra incentive here to play a part in keeping the Packers out of the playoffs.
Chicago has been a great bet in this spot. The Bears are 13-3 ATS in their last 16 home games when revenging a road loss of 14 or more points. They are also 10-2 ATS in their last 12 when they come in having lost 5 or 6 of their last 7.
- How to Use Most Frequent NFL Scores to Bet Over/Under Lines
- Pro Football Betting Lines By the Numbers: Against the Spread Results
- Top Secrets & Betting Tips to Successfully Handicap Pro Football
- NFL Schedule: Projected Division Standings, Playoffs & Super Bowl
- Super Bowl 52 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Pro Football Teaser Payouts & Betting Odds: 6-pt, 6.5-pt, 7-pt & 10-Pt
- Handicapping NFL 2nd Half Lines & Tips on Middling Your Original Bet
- Betting NFL Totals Week to Week: Find out When to Bet the Over & Under
- Tips for Handicapping Pro Football Player Values Against the Spread
- Tips & Advice for Betting NFL Teams Before & After Their Bye Weeks
- NFL Week 1 by the Numbers: Handicapping Last Year’s Super Bowl Teams
- Free NFL Week 1 Betting Tips, System & Expert Strategies
- Betting NFL Win Totals by Looking at Last Year’s Turnover Differential
- Top 5 NFL ATS Records All-Time: Best Bets (Teams) Pro Football History
- Updated 2017 NFL Win Total Numbers, Projections & Past Results
- Week 1 NFL Football Betting Lines: Point Spreads & Totals
- What Players Were Invited to the NFL Draft in 2017
- List of the Greatest NFL Draft Sleepers of All-Time
- Predicting the 2017 NFL Draft: Mock 1st Round Selections
- NFL Scoring by Quarter: Highest & Average Per Game