The Carolina Panthers hope to stay hot as the pay a visit to the New York Jets in Week 12. Game time is 1:00 EST on Sunday, November 26 at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey. The game can be seen on Fox in local markets.
Oddsmakers view the Panthers as 4.5-point favorites on the road. The over/under is set at 46 points. Click here for a full list of the Week 12 betting odds and links to more game previews.
Panthers vs Jets Vegas Preview & Game Predictions
The Panthers enter this game riding a three-game winning streak, knocking off the Buccaneers, Falcons, and Dolphins to improve to 7-3 on the season. However, that still leaves Carolina a game back of the Saints for the top spot in the NFC South. Thus, the Panthers are in the middle of a crowded wild-card race. With a road trip to New Orleans next week, Carolina can’t afford to slip up against a team with a losing record.
The Jets have lost four of their last five games to drop to 4-6 on the season. All four of New York’s recent losses have come by a touchdown or less, so the Jets continue to play competitive football. Also, considering how weak the AFC is this year, the Jets still have a chance to reach the playoffs if they can get back on track. However, their schedule down the stretch isn’t easy, so every week should be treated as a must-win game.
Free Pro Football Pick Against the Spread: Jets +4.5
I don’t doubt that the Panthers are the better team in this matchup. But I’m not sure I trust them on the road, where they’ve had some rough outings this year. Carolina’s defense should play well, but I’m less convinced when it comes to their offense. I can see the Jets having a chance to win or at least making this a field goal game, so I’ll lean toward New York and the points.
The Jets have been largely overlooked this season on the defensive side of the ball. To be fair, they’re average at best, but they’ve done enough to avoid getting blown out, even as the team as a whole has slumped over the past month. I think they’ll have a chance to contain an inconsistent Carolina offense.
Click on the link for more free NFL betting predictions from our experts on staff.
I’m not going to put much stock in Carolina’s 45-point outburst against the Dolphins in their last game because Miami has been quite terrible over the past month. Prior to that game, the Panthers were hit and miss offensively.
Carolina’s rushing numbers on the season are good, but that’s mostly because of what they get out of Cam Newton. Meanwhile, Newton is having a rough season as a passer. In the four games prior to the blowout of the Dolphins, Newton had just two touchdowns and six interceptions. That could be a concern against a Jets defense that’s good enough to take advantage of mistakes.
On the other side of the ball, I expect the Panthers to continue playing great defense. Carolina is 5th in the NFL in points allowed, and the play of their defense is the biggest reason why the Panthers are having a successful season. However, the Jets have been surprisingly efficient on offense behind Josh McCown this season. They’re not going to put up gaudy numbers, but the Jets are functional on offense.
I also think that home-field advantage can play a role in this game. The Jets are 3-2 at home, losing only to the Patriots and Falcons in one-possession games. To be fair, the Panthers are 4-1 on the road this season. But they laid an egg against the Bears, while two of their other road wins came by only a field goal. I see a similar script for this game, with the Panthers escaping with a win but not being able to cover the spread.
- Expert Betting Tips: How to Handicap AFC & NFC Championship Games
- Super Bowl 52 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- NFL Game Preview & Free Pick Against the Spread: Jags vs Pats
- Vegas Game Preview & Betting Pick: Vikings vs Eagles
- Vegas Game Preview & Free Betting Pick: Saints vs Vikings
- Vegas Betting Preview: Jaguars vs Steelers Game Odds & Free Pick
- Vegas Game Preview: Titans vs Patriots Preview & Pick
- Vegas Spread Preview: Falcons vs Eagles Game Line & Free Betting Pick
- Free Wild Card NFL Teaser Pick – Best Available Odds & Predictions
- Saints vs Panthers
- Vegas NFL Betting Preview & Free ATS Pick: Bills vs Jags
- Vegas Betting Preview: Falcons vs Rams Game Line & Free Pick
- Vegas Spread Predictions: Titans vs Chiefs Betting Odds & Game Pick
- Handicapping Repeat Divisional Matchups in the NFL Playoffs
- Cardinals vs Seahawks
- Vegas Betting Preview: Chargers vs Raiders Game Odds & Free Pick
- Giants vs Redskins
- Texans vs Colts
- NFL Game Preview & Betting Pick: Lions vs Packers
- Vegas NFL Game Preview: Eagles vs Cowboys