The Philadelphia Eagles (12-2) will host the Oakland Raiders (6-8) to cap off Week 16 on Monday Night Football, which just so happens to fall on Christmas Day. Kickoff is set for 8:30 EST at Lincoln Financial Field and will be televised on ESPN.
Oddsmakers currently have Philadelphia listed as a 9-point home favorite with the total set at 47 points. Click here for a full betting schedule and for more links to our game previews for Week 16.
Raiders vs Eagles Vegas Game Preview & Betting Odds
Oakland comes into this one off a crushing 17-20 loss at home to the Cowboys as a 3-point dog on Sunday Night Football. It looked as though the Raiders would at worst force overtime, but Derek Carr tried to be the hero and fumbled the ball out of the end zone as he reached for the pylon with less than a minute to play. The loss all but eliminated the Raiders from playoff contention and there’s a good chance they will be eliminated for good by the time they take the field on Monday.
Philadelphia enters off a 34-29 win at New York, though they did fail to cover as a 7.5-point road favorite. It was the Eagles first full game without star quarterback Carson Wentz, who was lost to a season-ending injury the week before against the Rams. With the win Philadelphia clinched at least the No. 2 seed and a first-round bye in the playoffs. They can lock up the No. 1 seed and home field throughout the NFC playoffs with a win over the Raiders.
NFL Betting Predictions & Free ATS Pick: Eagles -9
As of right now, if I was going to play the spread in this one, I would have to lay the points with Philadelphia at home on Monday Night Football. While I’m not one that thinks the Eagles are legit threat to make it out of the NFC and reach the Super Bowl with Nick Foles as their starting QB, I don’t think they have any problem winning here by double-digits over the Raiders.
Click on the link for more free NFL picks from our experts on staff.
The biggest thing for me is you have the Eagles playing for the No. 1 seed in the NFC against an Oakland team that I think is going to have a really hard time showing up for this game. The Raiders left everything they had on the field last week against Dallas in a must-win game and to lose the way they did is a hard thing to bounce back from. Especially now that they have nothing left to play for but pride. Keep in mind this is a team that came into the season with super-high expectations of not only winning the AFC West but contending for a Super Bowl. Rarely does a team with those kind of goals show up after being knocked out of the playoff race.
It’s also worth noting that even if the Raiders decide to take this game seriously, I still think they have a hard time keeping this within single-digits against the Eagles. Philadelphia is a perfect 6-0 at home this season where they are outscoring opponents by nearly 20 points/game (35.0 to 15.2). Not to mention the crowd at Lincoln Financial Field is going to be electric with this being a prime time game under the lights.
While I’m down on the Eagles’ Super Bowl chances without Wentz, Foles did play extremely well last week against the Giants. He completed 24 of 38 attempts for 237 yards with 4 touchdowns. He figures to be in line for another big day here, as the Raiders own the 23rd ranked pass defense, giving up 238.6 ypg. I just don’t see Oakland being able to slow down this Philadelphia offensive attack.
At the same time, the Raiders offense isn’t playing well at all right now. Oakland didn’t score a point until the 4th quarter two weeks ago in their 15-26 loss at Kansas City and last week were shutout in the 1st half by the Cowboys of all teams. It’s not going to get any easier with left tackle Donald Penn now on IR. Not to mention their top two wide outs, Ameri Cooper and Michal Crabtree are both listed as questionable.
It’s also worth noting that Philadelphia is 11-3 ATS under Doug Pederson at home and are a perfect 7-0 at home after winning their previous game. As for the Raiders, they are 0-4-1 ATS in their last 5 road games and 0-6-1 ATS in their last 7 away from home against a team with a winning home record. Give me the Eagles -9.
- Week 1 NFL Betting Lines: Vegas Point Spreads & Game Totals
- Predicting the 2018 NFL Draft: Mock 1st Round Selections
- Super Bowl 53 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Amount Bet on the Super Bowl & How Much Vegas Won
- Super Bowl Prop Bet Results
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Pool Gambling Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 52
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Best Las Vegas Casinos/Sportsbooks to Bet & Watch the Super Bowl
- Super Bowl Sunday Party Ideas & Tips For Hosting the Big Game
- Complete History of the Super Bowl Curse & Host City
- Betting Super Bowl 52: Odds to Win the MVP Award
- History of the NFL Super Bowl Championship Rings
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History
- Super Bowl History – Look at the Worst Chokes of All-Time