This Sunday NFC West rivals will collide when the Arizona Cardinals (5-6) host the Los Angeles Rams (8-3). Kickoff is set for 4:25 EST at the University of Phoenix Stadium and will be televised locally on FOX.
Oddsmakers currently have Los Angeles listed as a 7-point road favorite with the total set at 45 points. Check out our Week 13 NFL odds page for a full betting schedule and for more links to our game previews.
Rams vs Cardinals Vegas Game Preview & Betting Odds
Los Angeles enters off an impressive 26-20 home win over the Saints as a 3-point favorite. The win not only snapped New Orleans’ 8-game winning streak, but it also was a great bounce back performance by the Rams, who had lost 7-24 at Minnesota the previous week. While it was close throughout, LA never trailed and did have a 13-point lead twice in the 4th quarter.
Arizona is also coming off a strong showing at home. The Cardinals upset the Jaguars 27-24 on a last second field goal, winning outright as a 6-point underdog. Jacksonville had won 4 straight coming into that game, while Arizona entered having los each of their previous two. It was no fluke either, as the Cardinals had a convincing 344 to 219 edge in total yards.
This will be the second meeting between these two teams, as they played in London back in Week 7. The Rams completely dominated that matchup, winning 33-0 as a slim 3-point favorite. Most of the damage came early, as LA scored 4 times in the 2nd quarter to take a commanding 23-0 lead at the break. Arizona managed just 196 total yards and 10 first downs, while the Rams put up 425 yards and had 28 first downs.
NFL Betting Predictions & Free Pick Against the Spread: Rams -7
I would have to lean towards taking the Rams in this one. Laying 7-points on the road typically isn’t something you want to do in division games, but I just think there’s a big enough of a gap here in terms of talent that it’s worth a shot. Los Angeles is one of the best teams in the league right now and show no signs of slowing down. Arizona on the hand has been decimated by injuries and just playing for pride at this point.
Click here for more free NFL betting advice from our experts on staff.
I think the first meeting between these two teams really says a lot about just how big a game there is between these two teams. The Rams won on a neutral field 33-0. Outgaining the Cardinals by 229 yards and had 28 first downs to Arizona’s 10. Keep in mind Carson Palmer, who suffered a season ending injury in the contest, started for Arizona. While he was lost in the 2nd quarter, it wouldn’t have mattered in the outcome. The Cardinals are now starting Blaine Gabbert at quarterback. Keep in mind they lost their best offensive player early on in running back David Johnson. They are also down one of their top wide outs in John Brown, as well as two starters on the offensive line.
What about Arizona’s big win at home over the Jaguars last week? First, I don’t think Jacksonville is as good as people think. They are simply a good team in a really bad division and conference that has two elite teams. The biggest thing is that was a great matchup for the Cardinals. One thing Arizona has done well defensively this year is stop the run. They rank 10th in the NFL giving up just 100 ypg and are only allowing 3.7 yards/carry. If Jacksonville can’t run the ball, they are as incompetent offensively as they come.
Keep in mind this is a defense that gave up 31 points and nearly 400 yards of offense the previous week to Tom Savage and the Texans. I think the Rams are going to have their way here. If they load the box, Jared Goff is going to shred them through the air and if they play the pass, Todd Gurley will run all over them. They couldn’t stop either in the first meeting, as Goff threw for 235 yards and Gurley rushed for 106. Give me the Rams -7.
- Updated 2018 NFL Win Total Numbers, Projections & Past Results
- Super Bowl 53 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Week 1 NFL Betting Lines: Vegas Point Spreads & Game Totals
- Predicting the 2018 NFL Draft: Mock 1st Round Selections
- Amount Bet on the Super Bowl & How Much Vegas Won
- Super Bowl Prop Bet Results
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Pool Gambling Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 52
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Best Las Vegas Casinos/Sportsbooks to Bet & Watch the Super Bowl
- Super Bowl Sunday Party Ideas & Tips For Hosting the Big Game
- Complete History of the Super Bowl Curse & Host City
- Betting Super Bowl 52: Odds to Win the MVP Award
- History of the NFL Super Bowl Championship Rings
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History