The Los Angeles Rams are set to host the Arizona Cardinals in Week 17. Kickoff is set for 4:25 EST at the LA Memorial Coliseum and will be televised locally on FOX. Oddsmakers have Arizona as a 6.5-point favorite with the total at 41 points. Click here for more betting previews and game odds.
Cardinals vs Rams Vegas Betting Preview
Arizona (6-8-1) enters off a satisfying 34-31 win at Seattle in Week 16. The Cardinals got some revenge from a 6-6 tie earlier in the year. A game they felt like they should have won. The also played spoiler, as Seattle was in a position to win out for the No. 2 seed and a first round bye.
Los Angeles (4-11) comes in off an ugly 21-22 loss at home to San Francisco. The Rams appeared to have the game in the bag leading 21-7 with less than 6 minutes to play. The 49ers then scored twice in the final 5:06 of regulation and got the 2-point conversion for the win. That’s now 6 straight losses for LA, who is now 1-10 since their 3-1 start.
These two teams played back in Week 4 at Arizona. Los Angeles pulled off the big upset, winning 17-13 as a 10-point underdog. It was the 4th straight meeting where the road team won outright.
Free Pick & Odds Predictions: Rams +6.5
This is a tough game to predict, as neither team has a lot to play for. Given that, I think the value here is with Los Angeles catching almost a touchdown at home. This line is likely a bit of an overreaction to last week. On one hand the Cardinals won at Seattle as a 9-point dog. On the other the Rams lost at home to the 49ers as 5.5-point favorite. That loss to SF looks even worse, given the 49ers had lost 13 in a row.
Click on the link for more free NFL football picks from our expert handicappers.
The key thing when handicapping Week 17 is motivation. I think the Rams desperately want to end their season with a win and have something to build on for next year. As for the Cardinals, I’m a little concerned with how they are going to treat this one.
That game against the Seahawks last week clearly meant a lot to Arizona. It was almost as if it was their Super Bowl, since they weren’t making the playoffs. That makes this game on the road against a bad team a huge letdown spot.
I know the Cardinals offense performed well against Seattle, but this could prove to be a tough test. Arizona has been hit hard with injuries along the offensive line. This Rams defensive front is not one you want to face at less than full strength.
Another thing here is the Cardinals are just 3-5-1 in their last 9 games. They are also just 2-5 on the road, where they are getting outscored by 5.5 ppg. Arizona is also just 1-7 ATS in their last 8 off a SU win. I know the Rams haven’t been great at home, but given the situation it’s hard not to like them at this line. I know some came in St Louis, but the Rams are 14-4 ATS in their last 18 home games after losing 4 or more games in a row.
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Updated Odds to Win Super Bowl 52
- A Look at How Much Money is Bet on the Super Bowl Each Year
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- Super Bowl Winning & Losing Head Coaches
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 51
- Super Bowl Betting Pool Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Patriots vs Falcons
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Fun Facts
- Betting Super Bowl LI: Odds to Win the MVP Award
- Super Bowl Sunday Party Ideas & Tips For Hosting the Big Game
- Super Bowl Betting Tips & Handicapping Guideline
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History
- Super Bowl History – Look at the Worst Chokes of All-Time
- History of the NFL Super Bowl Championship Rings
- Complete History of the Super Bowl Curse & Host City